Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Re: I Pray We Do Not Draft This Kid

ILL WILL ... he obiously had some fun in college, as stated by his academic record, posting this stuff online hurts his draft stock .. IQ is quite highly rated in the NFL. He doesnt seem to have a clue about that (I think he will realise when he counts his signing bonus.

If he drops to the 4-5th round ... talent does come into it eventually & would be a nice pickup even if we have to spend a few months teaching him to read and hold his knife & fork properly.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

I apologize for the link.

But seriously if this kid is actually good enough to be a starter i still wouldn't want him because he would probably get suspended for marijuana, Probably several times.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

I don't know all the details, but I do know that someone with that lack of maturity should not find his way onto the Rams roster. I don't care if he's an incredible athlete; all players in the NFL are incredible athletes.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    I don't know all the details, but I do know that someone with that lack of maturity should not find his way onto the Rams roster. I don't care if he's an incredible athlete; all players in the NFL are incredible athletes.

thats how i feel about Plexico Burress

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Sorry richtree, but your inconsistency in your posts forces me to the conclusion that since you know Hill, you are biased and not taking even close to a neutral view. You try to point out Jones horrible flaw, then immediately drop it when someone points out what it really was. You backtrack and change subjects on various issues. Perhaps you need to put your personal bias for a guy you know aside and look at the situation for what it really is.

Desire and love to play football is great, but truth be told, a lot of guys in a lot of sports have that. You need a head to go with it though.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Hey if we draft him, maybe my user ID won't be useless

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by hill_Bartell=Probowl View Post
    Hey if we draft him, maybe my user ID won't be useless
    hahahahhaah

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Sorry richtree, but your inconsistency in your posts forces me to the conclusion that since you know Hill, you are biased and not taking even close to a neutral view. You try to point out Jones horrible flaw, then immediately drop it when someone points out what it really was. You backtrack and change subjects on various issues. Perhaps you need to put your personal bias for a guy you know aside and look at the situation for what it really is.

Desire and love to play football is great, but truth be told, a lot of guys in a lot of sports have that. You need a head to go with it though.
    I don't think you guys know the real story with Julio Jones. Julio Jones friend used to stand at the door (some say armed) to ward off media and fans from Jones's house. This friend was known as a big drug dealer, and fueded with another gang member in the neighborhood. Jones got in the car with this guy and after he got out that friend was murdered by a "rival" drug dealer/gang member. Jones spoke as a witness to prove his own innocence as well as try to convict the gang member. he is often called a "snitch" and has ties to gang members.

i am fine with drafting both of them because they both have shown that football is important in life and want to move on. Many of you have a "man crush" on J.Jones and must remove your emotion from the equation. Yes, I do have some bias on Hill but I am just asking for fair treatment for a kid acting 20 years old.

Draft Jones and Hill and in the long run Rams will get 2 good players.....

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I don't think you guys know the real story with Julio Jones.
    Frankly, I don't know that you do, either. Without confirmation from a legitimate source, your narrative about Jones is questionable at best.

All we really do know about Jones is what's been reported - he was friends with the nephew of a shooting victim, that victim was a drug dealer, and Jones testified to seeing the murder take place from across the street. People can decide for themselves how big of a character concern that represents, but without additional confirming evidence, anything beyond that is speculation.

That's different from Hill though, as there are a number of reports about his issues, all of which he seems to confirm. Poor work ethic as a sophomore, academic issues that resulted in a two-game suspension this season as well as missing part of the Gators' bowl game, and he acknowledges the Twitter account was his.

Clearly two very different situations, IMO. You ask for fair treatment for Hill, but how is it unfair to point out issues that have been reported by legitimate sources and, more importantly, that he acknowledges?

Many of you have a "man crush" on J.Jones and must remove your emotion from the equation.
    I'll let the irony speak for itself.

he is often called a "snitch" and has ties to gang members.
    So wait, telling the police of the crimes of others is poor character now? In what way are you implying that being a snitch is a bad thing? And what are the ties? In high school I knew gang members, did I have ties to them?

And how is helping convict drug dealing murderer a sign of poor character? I think you need to remove your own emotion from the equation.

ManofGod is online now Registered User

Guys the imortant thing is: CAN HE PLAY FOOTBALL AT A HIGH LEVEL?

The answer to this question is: YES!

Not sure about the comment that there are "several" better SS prospects than Will, as he is arguably top 3 in this draft at his position. Not sure if he is a "4-pillars" guy, but his actions(maturity) can be a byproduct of his youth (which can be adjusted given the right role models). Bottom line he is a talent and will be in the league, but let's see how he performs at the combine and at the UF pro day before we go all "draft him" crazy here on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    I have to disagree, that is one of the important things. The other is: Will he be allowed to play football at a high level or be suspended for rules violations? Also, can he keep his head in the game and off of the various distractions being an NFL player offers? The head is just as important as the ability.

richtree is offline Registered User

Glad there is a good debate. I love the off-season because of projecting talent. I think the media outlets (ESPN) and even NFL teams (Raiders for example) over analyze the process. There are many late round draft picks that are super successful in the NFL. My favorite time of year. Wish I was a paid scout for WR's and Dbacks....lol

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

The answer to this question is: YES!
    Lawrence Phillips agrees.
    Not sure about the comment that there are "several" better SS prospects than Will, as he is arguably top 3 in this draft at his position.
    First off, "several" should not be in quotes. The exact quote was "5 or 6"; and here are 5 that I would consider before Hill: Quinton Carter, DeAndre McDaniel, Deunta Williams, Eric Hagg, Robert Sands.......I'd take most any of them ahead of Hill.
    Last edited by HUbison; -01-31-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12