jbell15 is offline Registered User

I REALLY hope the Rams draft Sanchez

and hold him hostage.
    We can make the redskins move up to 8 to grab a tackle then package the OT with more picks for sanchez.
    Or
    if denver is that hot on sanchez then we can get 12 and 18.
    If it doesn't work out, we hold onto sanchez for a year then start him after we cut bulger.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Re: I REALLY hope the Rams draft Sanchez

and goldberg starts? ouch.

ballsy! i like it the aggressive drafting. but ballsy!

A-Web is offline Registered User

I do not personally "advocate" drafting Sanchez, but, with a new beginning, there should be new faces. As with many teams and their remodeling, a Quarterback is the face of the team most often, and it seems we are in a rut. If we are to rebuild, one could argue that a new Quarterback is almost necessary.

It could take a season for him to be up to par, but that is perfect, because we cannot release Bulger for another season. At the worst, we have a decent backup, who could become trade bait if Bulger still pans out okay.

But, like I said, I'm not supporting it, but it would be interesting.

I do like the thought of a playmaker at QB instead of a manager. And Sanchez does fit the bill in terms of our offensive scheme in the West Coast. Plus he is alot more mobile than Bulger can be.

I am starting to warm up to the few picks that are consensus, be that Curry or Smith or Monroe, but...at this point, I am wondering if I would prefer a big impact player. I don't think any of those guys are. Impact Linebackers are sacking machines or interception tanks, Curry is the most stable and sound, but he is neither. He will give you 6-8 sacks, but he won't give you that ProBowl sack total. He might, but it's not a sure thing. He is well rounded, and that is why he is so highly rated.

And as for OTs, they are protectors, not playmakers. They are the guys that are behind the scenes making everything else go smooth.

I sort of like the thought of someone who will demand attention and spotlight, without getting full of himself. A new quality QB could be that guy.

We'll find out tomorrow right?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Drafting Sanchez and then hoping that a team is desperate enough for him to bow to your trade demands does not strike me as a wise draft tactic.

I know people keep dreaming about it, but I really don't see the Rams in much of a position to strike some kind of deal on draft day. Not picking at the #2 spot. Teams will wait and see if Sanchez falls by Seattle and Cleveland before working the phones.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KoaKoi View Post
    and goldberg starts? ouch.

ballsy! i like it the aggressive drafting. but ballsy!
    Barron on the left, Loadholt in round 2 for the right. Not that I favor getting Sanchez for anything but "dirty" jokes and trade bait, but if we took Curry and then RT in the 2nd, I'd be happy.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: I REALLY hope the Rams draft Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by A-Web View Post
    I do not personally "advocate" drafting Sanchez, but, with a new beginning, there should be new faces. As with many teams and their remodeling, a Quarterback is the face of the team most often, and it seems we are in a rut. If we are to rebuild, one could argue that a new Quarterback is almost necessary.

It could take a season for him to be up to par, but that is perfect, because we cannot release Bulger for another season. At the worst, we have a decent backup, who could become trade bait if Bulger still pans out okay.

But, like I said, I'm not supporting it, but it would be interesting.

I do like the thought of a playmaker at QB instead of a manager. And Sanchez does fit the bill in terms of our offensive scheme in the West Coast. Plus he is alot more mobile than Bulger can be.

I am starting to warm up to the few picks that are consensus, be that Curry or Smith or Monroe, but...at this point, I am wondering if I would prefer a big impact player. I don't think any of those guys are. Impact Linebackers are sacking machines or interception tanks, Curry is the most stable and sound, but he is neither. He will give you 6-8 sacks, but he won't give you that ProBowl sack total. He might, but it's not a sure thing. He is well rounded, and that is why he is so highly rated.

And as for OTs, they are protectors, not playmakers. They are the guys that are behind the scenes making everything else go smooth.

I sort of like the thought of someone who will demand attention and spotlight, without getting full of himself. A new quality QB could be that guy.

We'll find out tomorrow right?
    Interesting idea, indeed. Repped.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jbell15 View Post
    and hold him hostage.
    We can make the redskins move up to 8 to grab a tackle then package the OT with more picks for sanchez.
    Not sure it would happen quite like that. From what I've been seeing in the papers around here, they figure in order to land Sanchez, the Redskins might have to move into the top three, and it would probably cost them their 1st and 3rd this year along with their 1st rounder next year.

The problem with moving up to say 8th for them is that they already traded away their 2nd and 4th round picks in this draft, which doesn't leave them a lot of ammunition for a trade short of throwing in something from next year.