Varg6 is offline Registered User

I say no to receiver in the draft...

At least for day 1...I say no. I don't see the point. The way our offense played last year we basically had Holt, and Bruce and Jackson. Not to mention we could always line up with Klop and/or Byrd, we all know Linehan likes to utilize the TE's. And with Bulger realizing what a beast Jackson is (as he slowly realized all season...) he has been throwing to him a lot, just like a 3rd receiver. I think it not only confuses a defense, but it works for our particular offense. If we're going to draft a WR, I really don't think there should be one seen on Day 1. Too many needs with the defense still to just say, screw it, let's get a really good guy in the 1st or 2nd, even 3rd round...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: I say no to receiver in the draft...

If there is a guy who can potentially start at receiver in the long run, as well as someone who can return kicks/punts very well, then i wouldnt mind him being taken round one should our other needs be addressed

ENN107 is offline Registered User

The Rams need a player who can replace Bruce when he decides to hang it up. Curtis is most likely going to leave to a place where he can start. Mcdonald is nice 3rd guy and he might leave. If there is value in the 3rd round a player like Brandon Myles or Jason Hill would be a nice addition to the club.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Bring In Ted Ginn Baby...

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'd hope that we could go defense in round one, but after that I wouldn't mind going receiver. Holt and Bruce both are getting old enough they could hang up the cleats in the next few years, plus Curtis and McDonald may be departing this off-season. I mean Holt's going to be 31 before the beginning of next season. Maybe he'll play until he's old and gray like a Jerry Rice or Tim Brown, or maybe he'll get to 32 or 33 and call it quits. Looking into the future, I think we have to be prepared for the possibility that all of the current receivers on the roster could be gone in the next two years. From that perspective, I think it makes good sense to draft a receiver if the value is there.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

With the exception of kickers and punters, WR is the best plug-and-play position on the field. That is to say, WRs have a better chance of playing immediately than any other O or D position. Therefore, when Bruce or Holt are showing signs of hanging it up, then we push for a round 1 receiver. But until then, all we need is a #3 guy.....and not a Martz #3 receiver, but a Linehan #3 receiver......huge difference.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod