Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    onslaught11 is offline Registered User

Thumbs down I see it this way

I see it this way:

There are 10 blue chip prospect in this draft with a bunch of good player but not blue chip. We sit at #11.

The blue chip: Bush, Leinart, Young, Cutler, D'Brick, Huff, VD, Super Mario, Hawk, Ngata

The Rams will only be interested in 4 of them: VD, Super, Hawk, Ngata.

Lets say we get a compensatory of 2 3rd for the FA we lost or more realistic 3 and a 4. That would be around 97th pick and 130th pick. Our 3rd is the 77th?

Let say the draft go like this:

1. Tex - Bush
    2. Saints - Leinart
    3. Titans - Cutler
    4. Jets - D'Brick
    5. GB - Mario
    6. SF - VD or Huff
    7. Oak - Young

Now #8 comes up. How about we trade up

Rams trade #11 and 3rd round 78th? for
    Buffalo #8 and 4th round picki.

Rams can select AJ Hawk with the 8th pick.
    Rams will have a 3rd round compensatory pick and 2 4th round pick they can trade up with and a 4th round compensatory pick.

After seeing Chad Greenway run a slow 40 : 4.75? and bench press : 16.

I can not see him handling the strong side LB position.
    I was also interested in Kai Parham with the 2nd round pick but seeing him run a 5.0 40yd. I do not think he can keep up with the fast TE in the NFL.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by onslaught11; -03-01-2006 at 01:11 PM.

We will create such an onslaught against humanity that our enemies will take generations before ever thinking of attacking us again.
    -- General William Jauro-Smythe Killan
    before the battle of Tupiero Do
    :angryram:

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: I see it this way

It's sounds good, I'm not sure Buffalo would make that trade.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by onslaught11
    Lets say we get a compensatory of 2 3rd for the FA we lost or more realistic 3 and a 4.
    More realistically, we're not getting a third round compensatory pick. Who did we lose that we deserve one for? Bryce Fisher?

Rams trade #11 and 3rd round 78th? for
    Buffalo #8 and 4th round picki.
    I don't think Buffalo makes that trade, especially when you consider they could just draft Ngata and shore up their D-line, which they need to do. The Lions would then take Hawk, Davis, or Huff (whoever is left and whoever the ***** didn't take).

Really, I doubt the Rams are able to trade up unless the value is much better for the team trading down. Right now, your trade gives us the upper hand in value, and wouldn't make sense for Buffalo.

We might have to throw in another draft pick to entice.
    We will create such an onslaught against humanity that our enemies will take generations before ever thinking of attacking us again.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Either that, or we trade two-for-one with Buffalo and don't get their second day pick. A first and a third to move down three slots might be good enough, but you also have to consider the situation. There likely isn't a stud defensive player on the board that we would want to trade up for that Buffalo doesn't also have interest in. They'd want Mario Williams, they'd want AJ Hawk as a future player for their already good LB corps, they'd want Huff as a FS, they'd want Ngata for their interior line. The offer would have to be outstanding to cause them to pass on one of these guys to move down.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Nick, I love your thinking, I really do, I just don't see it happening, its too good to be true...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

bigredman is offline Registered User

I just don't see us trading up this year. If anything, we would trade down. We have too many holes to fill. Just my gut feeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rampete is offline Registered User

like nick said, there's really no reason for the bills to trade down considering they may covet the same defensive players as we do...

at #11, the rams will have a plethora of good players to pick from...and as we all know many great players are always, almost without exception, found in the latter half of the first round...

my favourites are:

jimmy williams db
    jason allen db
    ernie sims olb
    manny lawson lb/de
    mark anderson dt
    greenway olb
    tamba hali de/olb
    broderick bunkley dt
    deangelo williams rb
    chad jackson wr
    sinoice moss wr

if linehan goes by the BPA then any one of these latter players may fit the bill...

Say with Huff, Hawk, and Ngata still on the board. Who do you think the Bills will choose?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

What about Detroit trading down? Obviously they are one of the teams that some people think could take Vernon Davis, but maybe the management doesn't want to be taking yet another high round draft pick on a receiving option. The scenario I'd see would be assuming all three qbs were gone at that point. So they can either take the tight end, take the best defensive player remaining, or trade down and take an offensive tackle or defensive end (both needs) as guys like Winston Justice and Tamba Hali should still be available two picks down.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -03-01-2006 at 02:35 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Say with Huff, Hawk, and Ngata still on the board. Who do you think the Bills will choose?
    If those are their choices, I think the Bills take Ngata. Their back 7 doesn't need attention nearly as much as their front interior. They lost Williams and Adams isn't getting younger. Ngata would seal up a huge hole for them.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Red face Re: I see it this way

Quote Originally Posted by rampete
    like nick said, there's really no reason for the bills to trade down considering they may covet the same defensive players as we do...

at #11, the rams will have a plethora of good players to pick from...and as we all know many great players are always, almost without exception, found in the latter half of the first round...

my favourites are:

jimmy williams db
    jason allen db
    ernie sims olb
    manny lawson lb/de
    mark anderson dt
    greenway olb
    tamba hali de/olb
    broderick bunkley dt
    deangelo williams rb
    chad jackson wr
    sinoice moss wr

if linehan goes by the BPA then any one of these latter players may fit the bill...

Sims, Allen, Anderson, Greenway, Bunkley are too soon with #11

Deangelo, Jackson, Moss - don't need

That leave Manny, Hali and J. Will - I would have to go with Manny at this point.

Red face Re: I see it this way

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    If those are their choices, I think the Bills take Ngata. Their back 7 doesn't need attention nearly as much as their front interior. They lost Williams and Adams isn't getting younger. Ngata would seal up a huge hole for them.

That leaves #9 and the Lions.

With Hawk and Huff on the board. Which one will the Lions take or will they go offense? Trade opportunity at this point.

That leaves #9 and the Lions.

With Hawk and Huff on the board. Which one will the Lions take or will they go offense? Trade opportunity at this point.
    It's always hard to pass up blue chippers like Hawk or Huff, but their real need is either a QB or OT, and the value picks at #9 (Leinert, Cutler, Young, Brick) are already gone, so a trade down could be in the plans. Maybe they reach a little for Winston Justice to fill a need, but I doubt it with either the selection of Hawk/Huff and the trade potential they bring.

Personally, I think they flip a coin between Hawk and Huff, but a trade down isn't outside the scope of reality either.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    It's always hard to pass up blue chippers like Hawk or Huff, but their real need is either a QB or OT, and the value picks at #9 (Leinert, Cutler, Young, Brick) are already gone, so a trade down could be in the plans. Maybe they reach a little for Winston Justice to fill a need, but I doubt it with either the selection of Hawk/Huff and the trade potential they bring.

Personally, I think they flip a coin between Hawk and Huff, but a trade down isn't outside the scope of reality either.
    I'll go ahead and give my opinion on the next pick as well.....the Cards at #10. With the current draft board, they spend about 2 seconds to pontificate before drafting Lendale White. They've got to have a RB or a blue chip OL, and unless they go with Justice, White has to be their pick.

This of course, would leave either Hawk of Huff (whoever Detroit doesn't get) in our lap at #11.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast