Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bing69 is offline Registered User

I still want Suh over Bradford

I know ill get bashed for this but i really think Suh would be the better choice as the no.1 pick. Now that Carriker is gone, we can forget about that 'we've made 2 high defensive picks in the last 3 years,we have to draft Bradford ahhhhhh' thing. We only have Long now.

Lets think about our defensive line

Long Ryan Robbins Little? Hall

That line aint gonna do very well now is it. Especially if Little doesnt come back. Now if we draft Suh it will look like this

Long Ryan/Robbins Suh Little?Hall

Already looks more solid. Now what if we trade for Osi

Osi Ryan/Robbins Suh Long

That line looks like it could cause trouble.

If we draft Bradford, sure the offense would improve slightly, or it could be just a dire. I understand the logic of picking Bradford, give us hope, a new face for the franchise etc. but Jackson is the face of our franchise. Maybe McCoy will be a wonderful hit (if we draft him)

This is just how i feel, and i can say honestly if we pick Bradford tomorrow i will not be happy! But i will support the lad, and hope he brings the business. I just want us to shun the media and experts by taking Suh and continue to build a good , talented, young base which will put in a good position for years to come

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Re: I still want Suh over Bradford

if you think Devaney is listening to the media and that Mel kioper is influencing our picks i have no more to say to you. Just because we take a QB doesn't mean we're biting our fingernails and hitting the panic switch to not take Suh......

It could possibly be that Bradford is much more of a need than Suh.....

How is picking Bradford not building a good young solid foundation for years to come? I thought QBs tend to make by far greater impacts and last longer than DTs anyway...

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    I know ill get bashed for this but i really think Suh would be the better choice as the no.1 pick. Now that Carriker is gone, we can forget about that 'we've made 2 high defensive picks in the last 3 years,we have to draft Bradford ahhhhhh' thing. We only have Long now.

Lets think about our defensive line

Long Ryan Robbins Little? Hall

That line aint gonna do very well now is it. Especially if Little doesnt come back. Now if we draft Suh it will look like this

Long Ryan/Robbins Suh Little?Hall

Already looks more solid. Now what if we trade for Osi

Osi Ryan/Robbins Suh Long

That line looks like it could cause trouble.

If we draft Bradford, sure the offense would improve slightly, or it could be just a dire. I understand the logic of picking Bradford, give us hope, a new face for the franchise etc. but Jackson is the face of our franchise. Maybe McCoy will be a wonderful hit (if we draft him)

This is just how i feel, and i can say honestly if we pick Bradford tomorrow i will not be happy! But i will support the lad, and hope he brings the business. I just want us to shun the media and experts by taking Suh and continue to build a good , talented, young base which will put in a good position for years to come
    we may not get Suh, but that doesn't mean we won't get a solid DT somewhere else in the draft.

I never said picking Bradford wasnt building a good young solid foundation. Theres two ways of doing things, and i prefer this way. You can draft your QB then build around him, or build a solid team then get your QB.

Obviously the draft will give us more weapons, but we lack a no.1 receiver, a TE and a RT (if Smith moves to LT). Sure our line can protect him, until they get injured, then he'll take more hits. Our receivers are hardly a strong bunch, Avery and Robinson will probably be injured at some point this season. Fells is our only receiving TE.

Ryan stepped into a solid team, had White n Turner. Flacco had a great defense and wasnt asked to really 'win' games for them, just not lose them. Sanchez had a great defense, no1 running game.

Cassels went to Chiefs, who are rebuilding, done nothing.

The Lions at least had Megatron for Stafford to throw to.

I just cant get excited by drafting a QB. I would be much more excited if we draft Suh

we may not get Suh, but that doesn't mean we won't get a solid DT somewhere else in the draft.

-------------------

Why settle for a solid DT when you can have a potential Pro Bowl calibre DT?

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I am still convinced that we WILL take Suh. I guess I am delusional, but there are just too many question marks surrounding Bradford.

When asked if Bradford's shoulder was ready to take a hit from a 300lb lineman, Bradford's own surgeon said, "I told Sam [Bradford] to get a good offensive line."

We do not have the O-line to protect Bradford, so I believe we will pick Suh. GoSuh!
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I know ill get bashed for this but i really think Suh would be the better choice as the no.1 pick.
    Maybe, but not by me. I agree with you. I think Suh will be the better pro. Three years from now, 6 years from now, a decade from now.......NFL fans will look back and say, "Suh is a better player than Bradford."

But I am convinced Bradford will be the Rams pick.

Of course, I liked Aaron Curry at #2 last year...........so what do I know?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

But I am convinced Bradford will be the Rams pick

---------------

Im not, its not like Devaney or Spags have actually said 'yeah, we want Bradford'

I see it as 50-50 still. Although the media will have you believe its a cert to be Bradford.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Im not, its not like Devaney or Spags have actually said 'yeah, we want Bradford'
    But it's not like they CAN say that though......know what I mean?

Brother, I'm still holding out hope for Suh and then McCoy at #33. I'm just not betting on it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I can undertsnad that you want Suh, he is without a doubt the best player in the draft. With the release of Bulger we would be taking a risk bye hoping McCoy is in the second round, and I would rather not trade back into the first. Alot of people still want Suh, including me, I just think Bradford will make a bigger impact on the team.

But it's not like they CAN say that though......know what I mean?
    -----------------------------------

Why not? We're picking first, its not like he wont be there!lol.

We could say we want Suh, or McCoy, or Bradford. Unless they want to play a game we can pretty much say who want and who we're going to pick. At the end of the day i cant see a trade good enough to get rid of the 1st pick

I know man, it would be a much better draft with Suh n McCoy than Bradford n someone....

smitheRAM is offline Registered User

Just another vote for Suh. I think he is the best player in the draft. So take the best guy #1. Great players also are found in every round some go undrafted. Look for that next great later rd QB(Brady) Maybe it's Lafevor.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Draft suh!!!!

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

I'd bet my house its easier to find and mold a great DT in later rounds than a great QB. Aaron Curry was the best guy last year. Should we have taken him?

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    if you think Devaney is listening to the media and that Mel kioper is influencing our picks i have no more to say to you. Just because we take a QB doesn't mean we're biting our fingernails and hitting the panic switch to not take Suh......

It could possibly be that Bradford is much more of a need than Suh.....

How is picking Bradford not building a good young solid foundation for years to come? I thought QBs tend to make by far greater impacts and last longer than DTs anyway...

except that Bradford isnt the next comming of a perrenial all pro qb.

Suh is much of of a 'sure' bet as can be.

Look at last years draft-- people got all hyped about taking J Smith at OT, and who performed better than Smith? More likely than not the guy Baltimore who was taken a lot later.

Look at this years draft-- tons good OTs, and Id say better than J Smith.

Next years draft we will have another Bradford clone; but next years draft will not have another Suh clone.

ESPN has a sports science show (cant rem name) that tests draftees in real football situations- specific for their position.

They use baselines set by current NFL All Pro players, and when Suh was tested (not simulations--- but real pads on, physical work)-- he outperformed current NFL All Pros.

If we take Bradford, we will regret not taking Suh. We can get a Qb next year.

If we really wanted to boost this team and get someone who can mentor an up and comming QB we should have went fo McNabb. WTH this fruitcake regime (really no better than the last IMO) is so ready to deal with former teams to get blaise players liek Gibson, Amendola, Baskin and Robbins, etc.... but not get a very good Qb that has maybe 3yrs left-- is beyond me.

And then to top it off, go draft a QB that is interchangable with any other OK QB that has played under Stoops to pass on what universally is regarded the best DT ever in generations truly shows the ineptitude of Spags in his HC job.

Too many Rams here are bandwagon types, and jump on with the crowd. It wasnt so long ago we ALL agreed that SUH is the pick. Why lots here have gotten influenced by lord knwos what is beyond me. Stick to your 1st instinct-- it's right most of the time.
    Last edited by punahou; -04-21-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: frustrated

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast