Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    punahou is offline Registered User

Re: I still want Suh over Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    I'd bet my house its easier to find and mold a great DT in later rounds than a great QB. Aaron Curry was the best guy last year. Should we have taken him?
    perhaps, but we shouldnt have taken Smith.
    He alsready has demonstraed the knack for getting injured-- and granted its only 1 year-- but to have consecutive injuries that put him out for most of the season isnt a good indication.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

I'd bet my house its easier to find and mold a great DT in later rounds than a great QB. Aaron Curry was the best guy last year. Should we have taken him?
    Then why haven't we had good DT play for years?

Truth is offline Registered User

I agree that Suh should be our #1 pick. When you have as many holes as the Rams, you pick the best player on the board, period. While Bradford is considered by most to be the best QB in the draft, he is not considered the best player. Some say that we need to take Bradford because "Suh won't score points", I say that if he can keep the other team from scoring points, that's just as good. A 1 TD difference last season would have made a 1-16 season, a 5-11 or possibly better season.

There are still rumors floating around that Bradford might not want to sign with the Rams. All I can say is, if Devaney and crew select Bradford, they better be darn sure he'll sign, or I'm thinking we still might not have the right guy running the show.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    There are still rumors floating around that Bradford might not want to sign with the Rams.
    Sure, pal. You have a source?

Systemlangstaff is offline Registered User

Last edited by Systemlangstaff; -04-21-2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: it was messed up

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    perhaps, but we shouldnt have taken Smith.
    He alsready has demonstraed the knack for getting injured-- and granted its only 1 year-- but to have consecutive injuries that put him out for most of the season isnt a good indication.
    I hardlty call one concussion EVER a knack. Its not consecutive injuries its one injury.

We've had solid defensive tackle play last year from Clifton Ryan and a few others, just not great or elite play. That is due to a combination of poor drafting and poor coaching. We haven't had elite QB play for a few years now.

Also Peoria I hardly understand what that even had to do with what you quoted me on.

Punahou, not sure how you can figure that Bradford won't be a perenial pro bowler and Suh will without a pebble of evidence. There's always sure things and they are never sure things. Michael Oher, who you are referring to played very well yes, he did not get knee'd in the head to suffer a concussion (how fortunate for him). However, he got stuck playing on the right side with Jared Gaither on the other side. Smith has more upside for the position and just because one guy does better in his rookie year than the other because one gets injured, you can't possibly say one team messed up and another did.

There wasn't a Bradford clone last year, the year before that, the year beofre that, or the year before that. Because there isn no clones of anyone. You don't have a clue who will come out next year or if Suh will be worth a damn, so lets not get over our heads and made boneheaded assumptions based on the equivalent of reading entrails.

The rest of what you said is so freaking far left field its unbeliavalbe but obviously you are one theose guys who want us to give up our whole draft for 30 year guys who can't stay healthy. Suh is the guy everyone is and was talking about, so tell me, who is on the bandwagon here? Suh is the guy receiving all the hype, so who is on the bandwagon here?

Truth, I like how you always get on here and bring up old news to help your cause. The Bradford won't sign with the Rams BS has been shot down 3 weeks ago and more than once since then. I don't know what else Bradford, condon, and Demoff has to do to get it through to you that that is media BS. There are also rumors that Suh has had chronic knee problems since birth. Who said those rumors? My cousin Vinnie. And he is jsut as credible as those other rumors you've heard....

ManofGod is offline Registered User

You won't get bashed by me either my friend, I still say Suh first & Colt 2nd.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Punahou - UNIVERSALLY regarded as the best DT in generations? Better check you some draft boards, because some people have McCoy as better. Universally would mean 100% btw, not a single doubter in all the universe, so I think we can go ahead and dismiss the universal claim.

You get so worked up over the hype on Jason Smith and how that was a mistake, and then fall head over heels for the hype on Suh. Give me a break. Aaron Curry had more hype than Jason Smith, and he was bad his first year. Jason Smith sitting on out because of a head injury did as much as Curry sitting out because of poor play.

Too many are bandwagon types? And yet you seem so sold on the Suh bandwagon that you can't admit Bradford has potential to be a great QB. So far all I can recount for your evidence that Bradford is a flop is that he comes from Stoops and is interchangeable with every and all Stoops QBs of all time. Evidence of that please? Because White was no good? Please don't use that argument, or I will cite Adam Carriker as the reason Suh will be a bust (Both are D-linemen from Nebraska, so I guess it is written in stone that Suh will flop, right?)

Finally, the sports science thing is even less reliable than the combine, please don't cite that as a reason Suh is going to be a pro bowler from day 1. Hitting punching bags and stationary dummies is no test of ability in the NFL. Great, he hit the dummy harder than ray lewis, he had some tough blockers too.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    You won't get bashed by me either my friend, I still say Suh first & Colt 2nd.
    Ditto!

Wednesday, D-day eve. All indications -- primarily our QB situation -- point to the Rams' #1 pick as indeed being SB. For me, that's fine. Deeper inside ... I'm rooting for Suh. I too was hoping for a "draft Suh first, ask QB questions later" scenario, namely the possibility of Colt McCoy at #33.

All this has been condidered and debated at length during the past couple of weeks, including here; so, no, not everyone would be ready to bash you. Heh-heh. Suh still has the edge as BPA, IMO.

GO RAMS!
    Last edited by RealRam; -04-21-2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Tyop

Also Peoria I hardly understand what that even had to do with what you quoted me on.
    If its so easy, why haven't we been able to mold one? Clifton Ryan is only passable at DT, and everyone else is worse. I think the last really good DT we was Ryan Picket who went...in the first round! *gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    If its so easy, why haven't we been able to mold one? Clifton Ryan is only passable at DT, and everyone else is worse. I think the last really good DT we was Ryan Picket who went...in the first round! *gasp*
    New coach, supposed to actually be good with D-linemen. Unless you want to equate Spag's abilities with those of Linehan? That's a shot below the belt

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    New coach, supposed to actually be good with D-linemen. Unless you want to equate Spag's abilities with those of Linehan? That's a shot below the belt
    Wasn't the defense Haslett's department? And we've had a couple before that. So all of those coaches were horrible?

RockinRam is online now Registered User

Some use the argument: Why get a solid DT when you can get an elite DT?

Well, I say:

Why get Colt McCoy when you can get an elite QB?

P.S QB is the more important position...

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Wasn't the defense Haslett's department? And we've had a couple before that. So all of those coaches were horrible?
    I think our record speaks for itself in that regard. I can't decide if that gets a smiley face or a frowny face (puking face would be more appropriate). So I give it a helmet

punahou is offline Registered User

I hardlty call one concussion EVER a knack. Its not consecutive injuries its one injury.

We've had solid defensive tackle play last year from Clifton Ryan and a few others, just not great or elite play. That is due to a combination of poor drafting and poor coaching. We haven't had elite QB play for a few years now.

Punahou, not sure how you can figure that Bradford won't be a perenial pro bowler and Suh will without a pebble of evidence. There's always sure things and they are never sure things. Michael Oher, who you are referring to played very well yes, he did not get knee'd in the head to suffer a concussion (how fortunate for him). However, he got stuck playing on the right side with Jared Gaither on the other side. Smith has more upside for the position and just because one guy does better in his rookie year than the other because one gets injured, you can't possibly say one team messed up and another did.

There wasn't a Bradford clone last year, the year before that, the year beofre that, or the year before that. Because there isn no clones of anyone. You don't have a clue who will come out next year or if Suh will be worth a damn, so lets not get over our heads and made boneheaded assumptions based on the equivalent of reading entrails.

The rest of what you said is so freaking far left field its unbeliavalbe but obviously you are one theose guys who want us to give up our whole draft for 30 year guys who can't stay healthy. Suh is the guy everyone is and was talking about, so tell me, who is on the bandwagon here? Suh is the guy receiving all the hype, so who is on the bandwagon here?

Truth, I like how you always get on here and bring up old news to help your cause. The Bradford won't sign with the Rams BS has been shot down 3 weeks ago and more than once since then. I don't know what else Bradford, condon, and Demoff has to do to get it through to you that that is media BS. There are also rumors that Suh has had chronic knee problems since birth. Who said those rumors? My cousin Vinnie. And he is jsut as credible as those other rumors you've heard....
    I could have sworn Smith was out on a knee injury--then right after got the concussion or some combination thereof.

Suh will be a better player right away I have no doubt.

Also-- with the ultra conservative manner in which the current brain trust takes things, do we all really think Bradford will be playing a lot this year?

there will be other QBs next year just as good as Bradford.

As far As Suh-- I havent waivered at all from that choice, hype or not. When I 1st heard of him, I saud to myself - another Nebraska lineman-- we cant do that. However, all tangible facts point to him being a dominant force.

As far as Mcnabb is concerned-- we woudlnt have had to give up our whole draft for him- Washington didnt. I think Washington got a steal for a pro bowl player.

Would we rather have

Big ben at QB
    Mcnabb at QB

or Sam Bradford? who survived 3 games with a lesser talented OK team than he had for 2008?

or have Suh-- who produced numbers better than other teams' whole Dline on a consistant basis, and has proven he can impact games at his position.

I still am amazed at how many here have turned away from the BPA to select Bradford.

And lastly-- it really has nothing to do with DT, if the BPA was Super X man, and played RG Id say pick himover Bradford as well.

Ive watched Bradford play and he really doesnt make the impression on me that an truly elite Qb should.-- just my opinion.
    Last edited by punahou; -04-21-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast