Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I think Greg "the guru" Cossell has flipped his lid a mere five days before the draft

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I think Greg "the guru" Cossell has flipped his lid a mere five days before the draft

Check out these latest tidbits from rotoworld

Going solely by "on-field play," NFL Films guru Greg Cosell ranks LSU's Morris Claiborne as only the third-best cornerback in this season's draft class.

Cosell made the revelation as part of a tease for his mock draft, which will be released on Monday. He didn't divulge whom he had ranked ahead a player widely considered this year's top corner, but our best guesses are South Carolina's Stephon Gilmore and Alabama's Dre Kirkpatrick. North Alabama's Janoris Jenkins is also a possibility. Despite the surprising opinion of a highly-respected draftnik, Claiborne remains the overwhelming favorite to be the first corner off the board.
    NFL Films guru Greg Cosell does not have USC LT Matt Kalil among the first 10 picks in his mock draft.

Cosell has cautioned that the "explanations (will be) more important than the actual picks" in the mock draft he's set to release on Monday, but it's still an extremely interesting opinion from one of the football media's biggest film junkies. The odds Kalil falls out of the top 10 on Thursday are near, if not, zero.
    I think this guy is losing credibility by the days, and we clan rammers shouldn't view his opinion as anything more than the ramblings of a guy losing his mind
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Re: I think Greg "the guru" Cossell has flipped his lid a mere five days before the d

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: I think Greg "the guru" Cossell has flipped his lid a mere five days before the d

Cocaine on everything!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
    LMAO......that never get's old.
    THOLTFAN81 and ManofGod like this.

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Cosell has cautioned that the "explanations (will be) more important than the actual picks" in the mock draft he's set to release on Monday, but it's still an extremely interesting opinion from one of the football media's biggest film junkies. The odds Kalil falls out of the top 10 on Thursday are near, if not, zero.
    This is NEVER the case.

I guaranteed you'll never hear a press conference that begins with:

'Well, we took the lower rated player on our draft board, but we did it for a good reason...'

What a joke.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

There are some "experts" who are not satisfied to make smart picks. Instead, they feel the need to depart from the herd. That way, if they get lucky and get an unconventional pick right, they can gloat. If they're wrong, they'll be very quiet about it. With all the media out there now, this is only going to get worse.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Anyone that nicknames themselves "The Guru" is most definitely not a guru.
    THOLTFAN81 and Judaxi like this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

So it's a game of one-upmanship to see who can claim the most top rated prospects are actually the 2nd or 3rd best prospect eh? Well I predict, based on film studies, that every single player ever mocked in the first round may not turn to out to be the best player at their position. Some of them may even suck. Now I get to claim that I predicted every first round bust, but if a guy is good my rep isn't harmed because I didn't speak in definitive terms and only said he MAY not be the best player. Look ma, I'm a guru!

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Yeah and no one ever calls these guys on it because after the draft actually happens, no one cares. No one cares how accurate McShay or Kiper or any of these guys were last year or 2 years ago or 5 years ago. For some reason people eat this stuff up before the draft like it's truth. Fact is, we know exactly what they're trying to do and like trolls, should not be fed.

Fortunately we can read through this, Turfshowtimes has a hard on for the guy...I think because he is obsessed with Floyd who they seem to prefer over there.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Anyone that nicknames themselves "The Guru" is most definitely not a guru.
    Where does it say he nicknamed himself the guru? I made that up as a joke on another thread's title...

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Where does it say he nicknamed himself the guru? I made that up as a joke on another thread's title...
    Sosa thats his actual nickname haha

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Sosa thats his actual nickname haha
    You got it from this thread didn't you?

Greg "The Guru" Cosell : Blackmon vs Floyd

:D

THE DREAM TEAM

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    So as a "joke", you made up a false nickname and put it in the title of a thread where there is an article that talks about Floyd > Blackmon, which is the same as your opinion.

You trying to falsely validate this Greg Cossell guy to make him seem more legitimate than he actually is or something?

Because if not, making a joke about his name is basically invalidating everything he's saying in the article.

richtree is offline Registered User

so did he release his mock yet today?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast