Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    max
    max is offline Registered User

Re: I think I want Ginn in the first

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    So wait, are you saying that anyone who doesn't think Ginn is going to do the most amazing things in the NFL has spoiled (sour) grapes? Or that for you to agree that Ginn has flaws and may not succeed would be spoiled (sour) grapes?
    What I'm saying is that I (me) believe that Ginn is going to do amazing things in the NFL. And that I (me) understand that we have more pressing needs on defense than to pick Ginn at #13. And that I (me) refuse to take the spoiled (sour) grapes approach just because we shouldn't be taking him.

I've heard you say Ginn has flaws. I understand he has flaws. But that does not preclude him from doing amazing things in the NFL. I assume you think he has flaws (as I do) and but that he is not going to do the most amazing things (this is where we disagree). That is unless you don't want to commit yourself to a position on what you think he will do in the NFL. That would not be the spoiled (sour) grapes approach, that would be the waffling (weasel) approach. Your choice.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think he has flaws, and I don't believe he's going to develop into an elite #1 receiver in the NFL. Thus, I do not want to spend a first round pick on him, though I recognize that if he runs well at his workout he'll likely go high, ala Troy Williamson.

I'm not saying Ginn won't ever do anything amazing; he probably will because he has a lot of talent. But I just don't think he's going to set the world on fire like you seem to, and in the end, I think he's a lot closer to Donte Stallworth than he is to Steve Smith.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Frankly, I'm not even certain he's the second best WR in the draft. Heck, I'm not even certain he was the best WR on his team (in terms of being an NFL prospect).

No way, no how, should the Rams take him at the #13 spot.

max
    max is offline Registered User

I think he has flaws, and I don't believe he's going to develop into an elite #1 receiver in the NFL. Thus, I do not want to spend a first round pick on him, though I recognize that if he runs well at his workout he'll likely go high, ala Troy Williamson.

I'm not saying Ginn won't ever do anything amazing; he probably will because he has a lot of talent. But I just don't think he's going to set the world on fire like you seem to, and in the end, I think he's a lot closer to Donte Stallworth than he is to Steve Smith.
    Very fair.

I do agree that if he runs well he could very well end up going high. I could see Minny taking him (a la Williamson with respects to you).

I have to admit watching that video got me going:

http://www.youtube.com/w/Teddy-Ginn-...earch=buckeyes

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

All I can say is exactly what I told max - if I'm spending the #13 pick on them, then I expect them to have more depth to their game and display more mastery of the technical aspects of the position than I see in Ginn. Obviously no one comes out of college with a perfect expert knowledge about their position, but if you're going to warrant a top pick, you've got to show me something moderately substantial in that regard and I'm not convinced Ginn has. Maybe that's just me, but that's how I feel.
    Nick, i have no doubt that you have more knowledge on this guy than i do,and big props to all your draft work,this was a good post to agree to disagree with each other, what should be the mindset of the rams walking into the draft room that morning ?,defense,best player available,special teams,offense or possibly thinking trade. thanks

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Number 13 has to be a defensive player period. Unless everybody in front of us goes brain-dead and Calvin Johnson is there at 13.

Dominator is offline Registered User

Ginn will not go to the Vikes. He's not going 7th. He'd probably have to run sub-4.5 to go that high. I like Ginn. I think he'll be productive, but the draft is a gamble and there is a bigger bust risk on a one dimensional guy like him and a very big injury risk. That Boylston guy you quote was very concerned with Ginn's fit with the Rams from Ginn's perspective. The Rams would be a good situation for Ginn. I don't care about that, I care about whether Ginn would be a good situation for the Rams and I think a defensive player would be MUCH better for the Rams.

As for the Rams, you do not spend the 13th pick in the draft on a #4 wr. If you don't think the guy should start then he isn't worth that high of a pick.

He can do amazing things in the league and not be worth #13. Dante Hall is pretty amazing, but is he worth #13?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234