Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: I think the Rams should consider trading their first round pick...

i dont want to trade down from No.2, we need to pick up a quality player that can come in and contribute right away. As thats the case, then you have to be looking at both Longs, Dorsey and Gholston. But we need a player that can be dominant in this league, as we are losing most of our other top quality players due to age.

We can then pick up additional OT help in the second round as its a deep class and add a few more OL playes in free agency.

I do like the idea that the trade with Dallas would give us and LB and then the chance to pick three players in the late first round/early second round, as we could pick up an OT, WR and a DE. This would help a lot of needs but it requires these players to contribute almots right away

chiguy is offline Registered User

*If* we were to trade down, I wouldn't want us to put ourselves in a position where Derrick Harvey wouldn't be available. He and Gholston are the only other real DE options for us other than Long, so it doesn't make sense to me for us to trade so far down that we can't fill our primary need with a top tier player.

On the notion of trying to get back into the first round, I'd actually rather see us try to pick up another second rounder. Its a deep offensive line draft, so that would ensure we'd get a decent tackle, WR, and DE in the first three rounds and maybe a safety too. Plus, it wouldn't break the bank.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If you are right, that confims one of my biggest concerns - that the only high probability chance of getting a top quality pass rusher will be in the first 20 picks.

The draft is much deeper, in my opinion, at OT, which is why my draft board is still (1) Chris Long, (2) Vernon Gholston.
    You know, the more time that passes, the more that I continually agree with you Av.

Before the combine I didn't think Gholston's value was high enough, but after seeing him be faster than Long(we knew that was a probable already), but also put up 37 reps to tie for the best at the combine, I just may think the value is there if Long is gone. Long is not a speed rusher, but is polished and is NFL ready and will find a way to the QB. Gholston has the quick burst and first step and now has shown his strength as well. I'm now starting to come around that Gjolston just may be a good #2 pick.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Why would we also give up the 2nd overall pick in the 2009 draft?

Devious I know but I just don't have a warm fuzzy about the 2008 campaign.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12