Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I think the Rams want to want Bradford

We keep reading reports from sportswriters either predicting that the Rams will take Sam Bradford, or arguing that they should. There have also been reports (though I don't know how reliable) of Devaney speaking favorably about Bradford during an informal discussion with fans.

Despite all this, I do not believe that the Rams know who they will take in April.

I do think, however, that they know who they want to want to take, and that is Bradford.

They want his arm to check out medically. They want him to have great interviews. They want him to make "all the throws" at his Pro Day.

Essentially, the Rams want to be convinced that Bradford is a franchise QB.

That makes sense, of course. A top QB will always be the preferred option with the first overall pick.

The Rams must be careful, though, not to talk themselves into believing that Bradford is something that he is not.

I'm still on the fence. By March 26th (the day after Bradford's Pro Day, there's a significant chance he'll be at the top of my draft board.

I guess I want to want him too.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: I think the Rams want to want Bradford

shhh its a secret AV

We are taking Suh until the Bucs give us an offer we cant refuse

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

I guess I also fall intot hat category. I very much so want Bradford to check out with a 100% clean bill of health, in which case if he does, we take him. I believe his pro day will go well, as well as all his medicals.

Faulty logic or not, a quarterback has more control over a game than a defensive tackle will ever have, next reggie white or not, not to mention this draft is short on quarterbacks and high on defensive tackles, though i tihnk in the second round there is a significant drop off. I really hope weatherspoon falls in the second because, being in the Bradford camp atm, i want BPA that is a need art the top of the second, be that Best, Weatherspoon, or Graham. Ive recently fell in love with drafting Graham in the top of the fifth if he's there, and developing him behind Fells.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    shhh its a secret AV

Bradford plus extra picks would be great, but I really don't see that happening.

If I'm right about the Rams' mindset, though, it won't matter.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

I'm right there with you on the fence.

If I had any hope of Dan Williams being around in the late 1st/2nd, I'd be more apt to pull the trigger, figure that would be the closest to 'best of both worlds' scenario in regards to DT/QB -- value.

Would you rather have: Bradford and Williams (might have to trade up to get him -- Tennessee, Minnesota, and maybe Pittsburgh will be a problem - potential weight/motivational problems give me pause -- tho he is beasty)
    --or-- Suh and Pike/McCoy

edited to add: I too, want to want Bradford. not there. yet.
    Last edited by #39 Fan; -02-28-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Thumbs up Re: I think the Rams want to want Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    shhh its a secret AV

this would be best case, imo. a guy can dream

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Could be a smokescreen: get the Redskins to trade up for Bradford (assuming that their doctor clears him) and we get Clausen plus extra picks.

I will say this:

We scored 20+ points in a game, what, twice last season>? We were outscored 175 - 436. No-one else was even close to that bad.

If Bradford had to start day one, I'll guarantee EVERYONE HERE, that we score more points than we did in week 1 (and 2, for that matter) last season.

Nowhere to go but up, gents.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I guess I am in the same boat as most of you, I was on the Suh bandwagon but slowly leaning toward Bradford of course depending on how his health turns out,next question would be, does he start from day one ? I say yes,if the Rams are going to take him he will be signed by the draft so he is in camp by day 1,will he have some Mark Sanchez moments during the season ? sure but the best way to get that experience is on the field and it can't get any worse than last season so if he is the guy get him and let him play.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I am exactly like you guys aswell. I was all for drafting Suh, but I am also leaning towards Bradford.

He fits great into our system, he will throw mostly short-medium passes, and we will have a good running game to help Bradford settle in and play good.

If he checks out well, I say draft him.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I'm pulling for Bradford to throw well at his Pro Day. He's already had great interviews, and measured in well.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

This year due to no cap year and limited Free Agency the best way to improve your team is to hold on to your draft picks.

This is not good for the Rams who may want to sale the #1 pick.

Go Rams

Rams 55 is offline Registered User

I just dont understand why we cant just draft Suh and then pick up a QB in the second round like Colt MCcoy or Tony Pike. Some of those second round guys would be better for us I think. We would still get a Qb for the future and get the monster in Suh for our D. Then we dont have to worry about Bradford being a bust or getting injured. Maybe Bradford will be a good Qb, but I think if u take Suh u get the best of both worlds. And if the the second round QB doesnt work out u can always draft the best Qb in next years draft without all the money being lost by it.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rams 55 View Post
    I just dont understand why we cant just draft Suh and then pick up a QB in the second round like Colt MCcoy or Tony Pike. Some of those second round guys would be better for us I think. We would still get a Qb for the future and get the monster in Suh for our D. Then we dont have to worry about Bradford being a bust or getting injured. Maybe Bradford will be a good Qb, but I think if u take Suh u get the best of both worlds. And if the the second round QB doesnt work out u can always draft the best Qb in next years draft without all the money being lost by it.

yes, especially when the you can argue the top 4,5 Qbs in this draft are all good but none clear cut number 1.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    We keep reading reports from sportswriters either predicting that the Rams will take Sam Bradford, or arguing that they should. There have also been reports (though I don't know how reliable) of Devaney speaking favorably about Bradford during an informal discussion with fans.

Despite all this, I do not believe that the Rams know who they will take in April.

I do think, however, that they know who they want to want to take, and that is Bradford.

They want his arm to check out medically. They want him to have great interviews. They want him to make "all the throws" at his Pro Day.

Essentially, the Rams want to be convinced that Bradford is a franchise QB.

That makes sense, of course. A top QB will always be the preferred option with the first overall pick.

The Rams must be careful, though, not to talk themselves into believing that Bradford is something that he is not.

I'm still on the fence. By March 26th (the day after Bradford's Pro Day, there's a significant chance he'll be at the top of my draft board.

I guess I want to want him too.
    Good points, Av. I think the Rams are pulling for Sam to light it up at his pro day and check out medically so they can pull the trigger. Because my sense is that, if Bradford's healthy and looks sharp at his pro day, the Rams will probably pull the trigger because of the need for a quarterback and the importance of the position. It's not my preference, but I understand the move.

That being said, my biggest concern about Bradford isn't going to be answered at his pro day but rather when he steps onto the field and plays - can he hold up to the punishment an NFL will take? He was relatively well protected behind a talented line at OU (25 career sacks in college) but couldn't escape any of his three seasons without injury - a concussion in 2007, torn ligaments in his hand that required surgery in 2008, and the AC joint issue last year.

Just makes me rather uneasy, especially with such a fine DT prospect in Suh sitting there. Hopefully if Bradford is the pick, he proves me wrong and challenges Brett Favre's record for consecutive starts!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast