throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    harrydog is offline Registered User

Re: I think the Rams want to want Bradford

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Good points, Av. I think the Rams are pulling for Sam to light it up at his pro day and check out medically so they can pull the trigger. Because my sense is that, if Bradford's healthy and looks sharp at his pro day, the Rams will probably pull the trigger because of the need for a quarterback and the importance of the position. It's not my preference, but I understand the move.

That being said, my biggest concern about Bradford isn't going to be answered at his pro day but rather when he steps onto the field and plays - can he hold up to the punishment an NFL will take? He was relatively well protected behind a talented line at OU (25 career sacks in college) but couldn't escape any of his three seasons without injury - a concussion in 2007, torn ligaments in his hand that required surgery in 2008, and the AC joint issue last year.

Just makes me rather uneasy, especially with such a fine DT prospect in Suh sitting there. Hopefully if Bradford is the pick, he proves me wrong and challenges Brett Favre's record for consecutive starts!
    That's exactly my concern and why I don't think we should take him with the first pick. You know the opposing defenses will be coming after the rookie QB. Bulger wasn't exactly well protected last year - the O-line allowed 44 sacks and 98 QB hits.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: I think the Rams want to want Bradford

Yeah, I think the team knows that the long-term prospects for this team hinge on finding a top shelf quarterback. We're kind of waiting for a messiah here. If we think we've found one, we'll take him with the Hallelujah Chorus playing in the background.

The thing here is that if Suh makes 10 Pro Bowls and Bradford makes 5, we're probably not going to regret it if we've got Bradford in that scenario. However, we might regret it if we've got this All-Pro defensive tackle, but it cost us our chance at a star quarterback to get him. It all revolves around this question as to whether Bradford could be that kind of player you can build a team around for the next decade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12