Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want some OJ

Judaxi is offline Registered User

I want some OJ

Ok so I'm pretty new to the forum but I'm a hardcore Rams fan. My question is what are the odds the rams don't sign O.J? I think he is an amazing safety and I would hate to see him leave. Do you think they will let him slip away?

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: I want some OJ

Not really sure man. I am in the same boat as you man

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Hi Judaxi,

Most of us hope that Atogwe will be tagged to protect him from being poached. The only other free agent probably worthy of consideration,imo, would be Bartell & since CBs are more highly paid than safeties, tagging OJ makes better $ense in the short term at least.

On the other hand, CBs are more highly paid because they are considered, obviously, to be more valuable. We are so shaky @ CB overall that losing Bartell would be a major blow.

Bottom line; losing either one would seriously hamper our D's chances of returning to respectability next year and finding a way to keep both is one of the great challenges that Devaney & our new cap guy face this off-season.

There are also significant variations on the term "tag". I don't know if OJ or Ron merit exclusive franchise tagging-the most expensive but safest form. We need so many new players that the FO may test the market with a non-exclusive tag on one or the other player & see if they can coax some draft pick or trade compensation from other teams.

Tagging of any kind also tends to tick off players & takes up a good chunk of cap space for that year.

Welcome to the board.

Chase the Eagles Fan is offline Registered User

Why not resign him altogether and just wash your hands of the need all together? Chavous is no spring chicken either and your going to have to replace him soon enough as well...

Does OJ play more center field or does he play more of a cover 2?

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Money & questions about the consistency of his skills/performance.

With a new HC & DC, nobody knows what kind of scheme the safeties will play in next year. I believe Haslett's scheme was more man coverage than zone.

Chavous is probably gone. I certainly hope so.

MarshallMarshall Guest

I think devanny and spags know the imporatance of keeping OJ, we should expect to see him signed.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I expect him and Bartell to get signed.

If we let him slip away, that's yet another need we need to fill. We can't let that happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

the safeties in Jim Johnson's and Spag's defense are normally interchangeable with the free safety asked to play alot of center field and the strong safety is asked to man up on the tight end alot...

Dawkins and Mikell float around alot in our defense and don't really have set roles between the two of them...but if there were differences between the two the paragraph above describes it I guess...

We just drafted Quintin Demps out of UTEP last year and alot of people compared him to Atogwe actually...

Like I said earlier it would be a huge mistake to let this guy go. As far as comparing Quentin Demps to him, Atogwe doesn't take cheap shots on unsuspecting Quarterbacks, that was just disgraceful.

Yeah that was pretty bad...he's still a rookie and was really picked on that game by Warner...frustration just got a hold of the better part of him...

He's a good kid...i talked with him once at traning camp and another time at an annual carnival they have up here...he's a real humble guy, kinda surprised me to see that...oh well.

I wasn't really comparing their personality traits though...the ball skills, the speed and the lack of aggressiveness is what I was talking about.

Yeah I know what you mean. I can see people getting frustrated over things like that.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Judaxi View Post
    Like I said earlier it would be a huge mistake to let this guy go. As far as comparing Quentin Demps to him, Atogwe doesn't take cheap shots on unsuspecting Quarterbacks, that was just disgraceful.
    Was he the one who hit Kurt? Man that made my blood boil. Felt like I was playing again, I wanted to rip that punk's head off. Man Quentin Demps just moved to the TOP of my least favorite players list. Yeah, above players like Hasslebeck, Alexander, Vernon Davis, Brady, and Rodney Harrison.

Not hating on you Chase, but we would probably get along a lot better if you never bring him up again. With that said, welcome to Clan, you don't seem like other Eagles fans that I've had the displeasure to meet

I'm glad I don't.

Eagles fans are the worst fans in the country.

Philly fans in general. Ryan Howard and Jimmy Rollins were right...they're fair weather fans and they're really dumb.

Being an Eagles fan I should walk around with a t-shirt that says "I'm With Stupid".

I never wanted to fire Andy Reid...I never wanted to get rid of Donovan...

Quote Originally Posted by Chase the Eagles Fan View Post

I never wanted to fire Andy Reid...I never wanted to get rid of Donovan...
    Well that right there makes you a better Eagles fan than most. lol

Thanks......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast