View Poll Results: I'd be willing to wait until Rd. 2 to take a WR if I knew ____ would be there.

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kendall Wright

3 9.38%
  • Alshon Jeffery

1 3.13%
  • Reuben Randle

14 43.75%
  • Stephen Hill

3 9.38%
  • Mohamed Sanu

1 3.13%
  • Someone else (who?)

0 0%
  • Nobody. If Blackmon is there at #6, we HAVE TO TAKE HIM

10 31.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I'd be fine not taking a WR in Rd. 1 if I knew _____ would be there at #33.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'd be fine not taking a WR in Rd. 1 if I knew _____ would be there at #33.

I think it is safe to assume that Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd will be taken in Round 1.

There may be a couple more WRs taken in the first, but there are no absolute sure things.

So, I ask you... which Round 2 WR would (assuming you could be certain he'd be there) make you willing to forgo taking a WR in Round 1?

Re: I'd be fine not taking a WR in Rd. 1 if I knew _____ would be there at #33.

I will be disappointed (and surprised) if the Rams pass on Blackmon, as I think he's going to be a great player, but if Jeff Fisher believes there's a better way to go, I'll be really hoping that Randle is still there at #33. I think he'd be a clear first round pick if he had played in a pass-happy system. I'd be very happy to see him in a Rams' uniform.
    Nick likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Frankly, I want Blackmon. I'm only ok with waiting til the 2nd round for a receiver if Blackmon is gone when we pick. We keep piling up 2nd tier receivers and are still starved for help at WR. Sure some of the guys in the 2nd have potential, but they aren't Blackmon in my eyes. I don't care that Blackmon isn't 6'4" +, neither were Holt or Bruce. We need a #1 receiver, and to me Blackmon is where we get one.
    THOLTFAN81 and Tampa_Ram like this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Blackmon or bust.

As for the list, i guess Jeffery would be my choice, but in reality it wouldnt matter that much to me which of them we took if we waited till round 2, except for Sanu, not a fan of his at all and the worst of the group.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

I would prefer Blackmon or Floyd, I think we need to draft a top quality prospect at the position. However, if we can't for some reason:

I don't want Jeffrey due to his issues with his wieght etc, it just screams of a player that isn't trying his hardest, and therefore could easily be a bust

Sanu I don't want because he is no more than a short pass possession receiver. We have enough of those on the roster already (four?). I don't see him close to being a first rounder either, so should be taken later in round 2 if you want him.

I would not want to put all my eggs in the Hill basket just because he is quite raw. I would like to take him if we get another, more pro-ready WR elsewhere though.

I would be very happy with Wright or Randle at 33.

Ideally I would like Blackmon in the first and then a deep threat in the third or 4th rounds

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

This scenario hinges on one of the non-top-6 (say Tannehill) cracking the top 6. That would push one of Kalil/Claiborne/Richardson, as well as Blackmon, down to us. So, as long as we're passing on Blackmon to get one of those 3, then I'm fine with it.

With that in place, I'd be cool with either Hill or Wright. I'm not quite as sold on Randle as some. To me he seems like a rich man's Salas, but what do I know?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

I went Reuben Randle if for some reason we don't get Blackmon.

I will be disappointed (and surprised) if the Rams pass on Blackmon
    If we trade back to get more picks would you still be disappointed and surprised?

If Blackmon is on the board and is the last of the elite 6 standing it would be hard to see the Rams taking any other player.

Could we hear one of these names called?

Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
    Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
    Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
    Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
    David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
    Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
    Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

richtree is offline Registered User

I think that Richardson is a freak RB and I would actually rather have him over Blackmon because there will be a high quality Wide Reciever at #33....

I chose Stepen Hill but would be happy with any of these guys EXCEPT RUEBEN RANDLE.....I don't think he fits as the #33 pick because he doesn't have great hands or great athleticism -- he does alot of things good but not one of them great (or very good)

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quite frankly i do not understand why this poll is not lopsided favoring Blackmon

We do not need a WR just for the sake of getting a WR to develop we have enough of that. WE need a sure-fire #1...Randle is a bloom or bust type guy.

When i say we need a #1 receiver I mean that WR that is going to go out and get 7-10 receptions for over 100 yards night in night out on a consistent basis and Blackmon has shown he is the only receiver that has shown he is capable of doing so
    THOLTFAN81 and Tampa_Ram like this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I think a lot also hinges on whether we're able to sign Jerome Simpson. If we are, we would be in good shape with any of the second tier receivers mentioned.

And for that reason, I would consider trading down if Blackmon is the only one of the supposed "elite 6" there at 6.

My preference in the second round, would be Stephen Hill, for two reasons. One, he looks to have the best combination of speed and hands in the bunch, and maybe more importantly, he is the best blocker of the bunch. Jeff Fisher has got to love that.

Simpson, Hill, Salas, Amendola, Smith, DX and Pettis is not that bad, if you ask me. Particularly, for a team who will be considered a ball-control, running team anyway.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Every winter people start off demanding the team pick the best player available. Every draft people demand they must fill specific holes regardless of talent level.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Every winter people start off demanding the team pick the best player available. Every draft people demand they must fill specific holes regardless of talent level.
    Thank you for that general criticism.

Now would you care to answer the poll question, or are you just here to make random points?

codeman123 is offline Registered User

I would be pretty happy if Kendall Wright dropped to 33, but I still wouldn't pass up Blackmon for any reason.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I voted Randle. I think he is going to be fantastic. If i knew for sure that Randle would be there at 33, i would LOVE to trade back a bit, pick up a #2 pick and draft decastro. Thus, from my perspective (which i hear you all is a big hypothetical), i would take decastro, randle and a #2 over blackmon and the #33.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

thoey is offline Registered User

I chose taking Blackmon no matter what if he is there as that is closest to how I feel. I really feel that what ever team he goes to, he is going to be a starter on day 1. Now, is WR our greatest need? While believe so, Fisher & Co. may disagree. I'll have to trust their wisdom over my fandom knowledge.
    This space for rent...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast