View Poll Results: I'd be willing to wait until Rd. 2 to take a WR if I knew ____ would be there.

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kendall Wright

3 9.38%
  • Alshon Jeffery

1 3.13%
  • Reuben Randle

14 43.75%
  • Stephen Hill

3 9.38%
  • Mohamed Sanu

1 3.13%
  • Someone else (who?)

0 0%
  • Nobody. If Blackmon is there at #6, we HAVE TO TAKE HIM

10 31.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I'd be fine not taking a WR in Rd. 1 if I knew _____ would be there at #33.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Re: I'd be fine not taking a WR in Rd. 1 if I knew _____ would be there at #33.

I voted R. Randle. I think he will be great. He came from a run first college and has great blocking abiliy. He has the speed and height your looking for in a WR. The several web sites i've looked at said he is a great route runner. He should be able to come in and start because he alredy knows how to run the pro style route tree.

I would like the Rams to draft two WR's again this year. The only difference is that Rams management doesn't come out and praise the great hands, yards after the catch and catching ability they have but are slower WR's. Why draft more slot WR types. Rams are sitting fat at that position.

I would rather have Rams drafting WR's like R. Randle, S. Hill, G. Childs or A.J. Jenkins for there speed.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Why does someone think that randle is a boom or bust type of guy? what is the basis for that type of analysis? He was productive in college, at the very highest level of college competition. He played on a run oriented team with terrible qb play. He blocked. He has size. There is no press i have read saying that he is a bad kid or has a troubled history? I find it absolutely incomprehensible that anyone would value a stephen hill above this guy (hill is a boom or bust project with very limited college production and suspect work ethic).

Is there a risk that he wont make it as a pro? Sure there is. I just dont see the basis for calling him a boom or bust guy and comparing him to a combine warrior type.

Drafting a stud wide reciever like blackmon (much as i love him and want him, he has been my first choice for the rams since november) is not going to solve all of our problems. Does it solve one? Hopefully. But the thread is a great one and we have to keep in mind what the thread is about. In this thread, if we dont draft blackmon, we are presumably filling another hole and/or getting a stud player at #6 or with a trade back maybe we pick up an additonal valuable pick.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Nick likes this.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I think that Richardson is a freak RB and I would actually rather have him over Blackmon because there will be a high quality Wide Reciever at #33....

I chose Stepen Hill but would be happy with any of these guys EXCEPT RUEBEN RANDLE.....I don't think he fits as the #33 pick because he doesn't have great hands or great athleticism -- he does alot of things good but not one of them great (or very good)
    Im curious as to what the hype about Richardson is. In everyhting Ive seen of the guy he doesnt look any different than Mark Ingram, or for that matter, any other power type back Ive seen. Or for that matter-- any of the backs that Sabin has produced in recent memory.

He doesnt exhibit the flair of Dickerson, the elusiveness of Sanders, or the burst of Peterson. What am I missing here? In fact, the more I watch any highlights of any of the backs coming out, Richardson doesnt look any different than Martin from Boise State.

punahou is offline Registered User

at 33 I voted for Alshon Jeffery. He had a good pro day, and Im hoping his attitude is to come into the NFL to prove the naysayers wrong and take that monkey off his back.

I would also be in favor of Sanu at 39 =) though its not an option.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    Im curious as to what the hype about Richardson is. In everyhting Ive seen of the guy he doesnt look any different than Mark Ingram, or for that matter, any other power type back Ive seen. Or for that matter-- any of the backs that Sabin has produced in recent memory.

He doesnt exhibit the flair of Dickerson, the elusiveness of Sanders, or the burst of Peterson. What am I missing here? In fact, the more I watch any highlights of any of the backs coming out, Richardson doesnt look any different than Martin from Boise State.
    I don't believe there is as huge a desparity between Richardson and Martin as most people think either. With the exception of power running. In that area, Richardson has Martin beaten, but I believe Martin is a bit more ellusive and looks to be a little faster than Richardson.

As far as all the other important skills go, they seem pretty even to me, and I think they both will be great pros.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12