throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tony Soprano Guest

Idea: The Rams involved in 3 way Trade

Okay it's my idea and not a Rumor.

1st Part of Trade
    -----------------
    Denver trades us the the 29th pick of the third round and the 29th pick in the 4th Round (They have 3 fourth round picks) in exchange for

St.Louis's 13th pick of the third round. In essence, Denver gives up one of their many 4th round picks to move up 16 slots in the 3rd round.

2nd Part of Trade
    -------------------

St.Louis trades both their 4th round picks (theirs and Denver's 29th) and their first round pick (#11) for Detroits first round pick (#9).

Execution
    ---------
    With the 9th pick of the Draft, St.Louis selects Michael Huff from U. of Texas.

Why it'll work
    ---------------
    Detroit has NO (ZERO) 4th round picks. GM and coaches hate sitting out rounds and watching their coveted players go off the board. Detroit will have a presence
    in the fourth round with 2 picks and still get a player that fits into the value
    system and scheme in Detroit. DENVER - Denver has THREE 4th round picks and they're bunched together. The Rams get the best corner and/or safety in the draft and gets one the biggest impact players in the draft.

Disclaimer
    ------------
    I don't have one of those value charts and I didn't consult one. I just used horsesense, sometimes Horses are wrong.

Last edited by Tony Soprano; -03-30-2006 at 04:14 AM.

ramstiles is offline Registered User

Re: Rumor: The Rams involved in 3 way Trade

It works for me

RamsFan16 Guest

Re: Rumor: The Rams involved in 3 way Trade

No way. Don't like it at all.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Idea: The Rams involved in 3 way Trade

No way. Don't like it at all.
    Why not 16 give me a little more then, I don't like it.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

If I read you right, we're giving up our third and fourth to move up two spots. Man, I don't know. This front office has done some good things with 3rd and 4th round picks. That's a lot just to assure Huff.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Hey Tony, I like you're proposal in theory; however, I consulted a draft value chart and the numbers don't quite crunch. To wit:
    1.) The Rams pick is worth 210

2.) Both of Denver's picks are worth 130 (3rd) and 48(4th) for a toal of 178. This leaves the trade short 32 points.

Therefore to make this work Denver may have to cough up another pick like, say, a 5th rounder (value 30.5) But to be perfectly honest if I was the one doing the picking, I might make this deal as originally proposed just to land a stud like Huff!

Also remember sometimes horses are wrong and sometimes their heads end up in someone's bed! (Hey with a name like Soprano You know what I mean??)

WHAT SAY YE?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    If I read you right, we're giving up our third and fourth to move up two spots. Man, I don't know. This front office has done some good things with 3rd and 4th round picks. That's a lot just to assure Huff.
    I think we're giving up the two fourths, and simply trading down in the third.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

It looks like we actually do still get a third rounder, it's just the 29th pick in the round instead of the thirteenth. So we move down in that round and give up a fourth. I think it could be worth it.

Just another piece to throw into the equation: The Detroit News has reported that Detroit DT Dan Wilkinson didn't show up for offseason workouts and may be thinking about retiring. My thinking is that if he does they might well target Bunkley at #11.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I think we're giving up the two fourths, and simply trading down in the third.
    Aha, yes, thank you. I missed that later 3rd pick. Well, that does make it a little more palatable.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    Just another piece to throw into the equation: The Detroit News has reported that Detroit DT Dan Wilkinson didn't show up for offseason workouts and may be thinking about retiring. My thinking is that if he does they might well target Bunkley at #11.
    They drafted Shaun Cody in the high second last year, so I don't think they'll be looking to spend another high pick on a DT.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

theodus69 Guest

I'll give you this TS... You are one hell of a thinker!

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    Why not 16 give me a little more then, I don't like it.
    Just to move up for Michael Huff? It isn't worth it. There are plenty of good safeties in the draft followed by Cornerbacks. Look at the Safeties and Corners we could get in the 2nd and 3rd Rounds
    Roman Harper
    Bernard Pollard
    Antonio Cromatrier (sp)
    Daniel Bullocks
    Jonathan Joseph
    Ashton Youboty
    Richard Marshall
    Cedric Griffin
    Kelly Jennings
    Ko Simpson
    Darnell Bing
    Jason Allen

Varg6 is offline Registered User

idk its tough to say because this crap is always a gamble with drafts. I know huff was great in college, but will he relaly be SPECTACULAR in the NFL? If it's a certain guarantee (which its relaly not) then idk its VERY iffy

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Tony Soprano Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable
    Hey Tony, I like you're proposal in theory; however, I consulted a draft value chart and the numbers don't quite crunch. To wit:
    1.) The Rams pick is worth 210

2.) Both of Denver's picks are worth 130 (3rd) and 48(4th) for a toal of 178. This leaves the trade short 32 points.

Therefore to make this work Denver may have to cough up another pick like, say, a 5th rounder (value 30.5) But to be perfectly honest if I was the one doing the picking, I might make this deal as originally proposed just to land a stud like Huff!

Also remember sometimes horses are wrong and sometimes their heads end up in someone's bed! (Hey with a name like Soprano You know what I mean??)

WHAT SAY YE?
    Thanks for the research! IF our front office thinks very Highly of Huff, they may let be willing to let it go.

I was pleased with everyone's reaction.
    Woke up safely!

Tony Soprano Guest

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69
    I'll give you this TS... You are one hell of a thinker!
    Theodus69, You are very Kind.

My first inclination was to have us give up a 3rd to move up.. But when/if Detroit is motivated to trade out of that spot.. This method allows us to have a 3rd round pick.

We give up two fourths and I have to think Denver doesn't value that fourth (since they have 3) as much as the teams with one 4th round pick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast