View Poll Results: If _____ drops, the Rams should be on the phone.

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rey Maualuga, LB, USC

39 55.71%
  • Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

6 8.57%
  • Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss

10 14.29%
  • Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State

0 0%
  • Percy Harvin, WR, Florida

4 5.71%
  • Mark Sanchez, QB, USC

5 7.14%
  • Other (list below)

6 8.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    itsguud is offline Registered User

Re: If ________ falls past pick #20, Devaney should start working the phones to trade

Quote Originally Posted by jackson3909 View Post
    if we got OT with pick #2, then we should get Maualuga.

If we get curry with pick #2 then we should get micheal Oher
    This is the same way I see it. I voted for Oher, but in fact would vote based on who we get at #2 in precisely this order.

iStillBelieve is offline Registered User

Re: If ________ falls past pick #20, Devaney should start working the phones to trade

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Sleeper is definately Sanchez, because Spags may want to bring in his own guy, because he really isn't married to Bulger.
    He's married to Bulger through the huge contract.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by iStillBelieve View Post
    He's married to Bulger through the huge contract.
    You could have said the same thing about Drew Bennett a month ago.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Now that Pace & Holt are gone-I'd hoped they could be packaged in a deal for extra picks or a move from our assigned spots- I want none of this deal.

We need lots of new depth AND starters, not one or two impact players. What's the difference between the poorly-regarded drafts of recent years that got us a couple of useful guys & a bunch of duds and trying for a couple of good guys and even fewer possible contributors because we don't have picks ? Too many eggs in one basket.

I don't get it. Especially since our needs cover areas where there are bound to be quality options where we already pick.

Maybe if someone has an example to offer where this actually worked for a team in The Rams' position. Not a playoff contender but a team in that gray area between rebuilding and rebounding which is where I see The Rams.

Reminds me of Ditka mortgaging the draft farm for Williams.
    And we all know how risky an ill-considered mortgage can be these days.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Chris Wells for me. That's right a RB.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Assuming the first pick is either Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe, I'd get a little itchy if Maulauga were still there after 20. It would cost us (roughly) a 2nd and 3rd to move up to the low-20s, or a 2nd and 4th to move up to the late-20s. So, essentially, would I use our 2nd AND 3rd picks on Maulauga?

Yea, I think I would...........IF the FO believes his immaturity issues to be resolved.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ecuram18 is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: If ________ falls past pick #20, Devaney should start working the phones to trade

Quote Originally Posted by jackson3909 View Post
    if we got OT with pick #2, then we should get Maualuga.

If we get curry with pick #2 then we should get micheal Oher
    Exactly my thoughts... exactly. That would be a hell of an A++ first 2 picks of the draft IMO

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If the Rams could walk away from Day 1 of the draft with Jason Smith and Rey Maualuga, I'm pretty sure they'd get a lot of A+ grades from the "experts." It certainly would fill two big needs with players who should be able to start as rookies.

The question is, of course, what would it cost? As HUb stated, you're probably looking at pick #35 and either a third or fourth round choice. Other options would be to package in a player (the most likely candidate would be Pisa Tinoisamoa) or a 2010 draft choice.

A deal that allows the Rams to retain their third round pick would be my preference, as the Rams should be able to get a good WR prospect in Round 3 if they still have their pick.

This is why the first day of the draft - even after the Rams make their first pick - will be interesting.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AV
    As HUb stated, you're probably looking at pick #35 and either a third or fourth round choice. Other options would be to package in a player (the most likely candidate would be Pisa Tinoisamoa) or a 2010 draft choice.
    As bad as I DON'T want to see Pisa go, I admit I would probably pull the trigger on Pisa and #35 for Maulauga.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I went with Peria Jerry....DT Mississippi. He's a TRUE DT, not projected, not graded, no scout thought he could play S or some other wild scenario, he's a DT. The Rams need a DT terribly bad.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -03-19-2009 at 10:25 AM.

richtree is offline Registered User

I think the real question you have to ask here is ,

What team drafting 20-25 will wan't to give up their first round pick (probable starter) to drop down .

I think the only 2 teams willing to do this would be Philly and New England.

So I like staying where we are.

The truth of the matter is the Rams already know who they want at Pick 2 and are trying to project their

2nd , 3rd, and 4th round picks... these 3 picks will be huge.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

A lot of mocks have Atlanta picking Brandon Pettigrew if he makes it to their pick. If he does, however, I think all of the teams in between the 24th pick and ours have more pressing needs than a TE. Maybe Atlanta would be willing to trade down, grab an extra pick and still get Pettigrew? It's a gamble I don't think they would take but who knows.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I think the real question you have to ask here is ,

What team drafting 20-25 will wan't to give up their first round pick (probable starter) to drop down .
    I think there are plenty of teams who would welcome an extra 3rd round pick as consideration for dropping 10-15 spots from their first round position.

The truth of the matter is the Rams already know who they want at Pick 2
    Let me guess... does his name rhyme with "Benny Kritt"?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I voted for Maulauga, however, I would imagine that if he dropped, Laurinatus would as well, and I'd much rather move up less far to grab him.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

How other people haven't voted Mark Sanchez is beyond me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast