Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: If Blackmon is gone..

LionsGuy is offline Registered User

If Blackmon is gone..

Hey guys, been a while.

A lot of very interesting things have happened since I was on here last. Trying to tweak my mock draft and im on St. Louis and cannot decide who theyll take.

I actually have Blackmon going #3 overall due to the latest rumors of Rick Spielman LOVING Blackmon and saying theyll pass on Kalil, who I then have going to the Browns, followed by Claiborne to the Bucs.

Now, originally, I had the Rams taking Richardson, but then shyed away from that idea. Steven Jackson is still a good RB even though hes got a lot of miles on him. Sorry, I know theres already a million threads discussing Richardson, so Ill get to my point..

Is there any chance the Rams take Michael Floyd at #6? I know, that would be considered a reach, but Floyd is VERY good and Bradford desperately needs a WR, right? What im thinking, and I know i dont know a fraction about the Rams as you guys, is that the Rams simply cant really afford to pass on him, can they?

Thanks guys

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: If Blackmon is gone..

I doubt they'd pass on Richardson for Floyd.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Nevermind, misread it, what Av said

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

LionsGuy,

How in the world would you have the Browns taking Kalil at 4 when they already have Joe Thomas? If Blackmon goes to the Vikes at three (and I can't really see that happening) then Cleveland will be all over Richardson, imo.

Also, I don't think Floyd is to be included in the top 6 of this draft.

In your scenario the Rams would take T. Rich....in a heartbeat.

WHAT SAY YE?
    ZiaRam likes this.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

...I'll cry myself into a drunken stupor. Then realize the Rams just drafted the next great running back for Jeff Fisher's ground and pound dominance.

I agree with Ramarkable though, I can't see the Browns or Bucs taking Kalil, so imo we would draft Kalil and finally be able to protect Sam for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    LionsGuy,

How in the world would you have the Browns taking Kalil at 4 when they already have Joe Thomas? If Blackmon goes to the Vikes at three (and I can't really see that happening) then Cleveland will be all over Richardson, imo.

Also, I don't think Floyd is to be included in the top 6 of this draft.

In your scenario the Rams would take T. Rich....in a heartbeat.

WHAT SAY YE?
    Well, if you look at the Browns RT situation, you can obviously see a gaping hole. And if youve been following your football news which it sounds like you havent, you would know that its been reported several times that the Vikings are not interested in Kalil. Which leaves Blackmon making the most sense. Thats why they call em' mock drafts.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

I really don't see the Rams reaching for a player where they sit. There will be a blue chip prospect there, and whoever it is will be the Rams pick. Fisher loves his RB's and Jackson is getting up there in mileage. The Rams also need WR's, CB's, and OT's. I'd also be really surprised if the Browns passed on a playmaker like Richardson since they have no one at RB, but it's your mock, so no I don't think they'd pick Floyd there. I think they'd take Richardson or Kalil (if the Browns took Richardson).

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

My my a bit snippy aren't we?

So the Browns will take Kalil and pay him all that dough to play Right Tackle when they could easily get one like Cordy Glenn, Mike Adams or even Riley Reiff with the 22nd pick?

Hmmm...really don't see that happening.

Oh, and don't believe anything you are hearing from the Vikings FO; they are in complete smokescreen mode as just about everyone knows that they want to trade down for more picks.

But let's say that the Vikes do stay at #3 and decide to pass on Kalil. Imo M. Claiborne makes much more sense considering the fact that the Minny secondary is horrid and they have to face your Matt Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, and Jay Cutler 6 times per year every year.

They better get some cover corners and fast or risk getting scorched in every division game for the foreseeable future.

WHAT SAY YE?
    HUbison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    My my a bit snippy aren't we?

So the Browns will take Kalil and pay him all that dough to play Right Tackle when they could easily get one like Cordy Glenn, Mike Adams or even Riley Reiff with the 22nd pick?

Hmmm...really don't see that happening.

Oh, and don't believe anything you are hearing from the Vikings FO; they are in complete smokescreen mode as just about everyone knows that they want to trade down for more picks.

But let's say that the Vikes do stay at #3 and decide to pass on Kalil. Imo M. Claiborne makes much more sense considering the fact that the Minny secondary is horrid and they have to face your Matt Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, and Jay Cutler 6 times per year every year.

They better get some cover corners and fast or risk getting scorched in every division game for the foreseeable future.

WHAT SAY YE?
    Sorry, i didnt mean to come out looking snippy. BUT, as much as LT is a big need for Minnesota, WR and CB IMO are just as big of need. That team is a wreck.

As far as Kalil drafted to be a RT, Look at Jason Smith, Andre Smith, etc...all drafted as LT's, now playing RT.
    Last edited by LionsGuy; -04-19-2012 at 01:23 AM.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LionsGuy View Post
    Sorry, i didnt mean to come out looking snippy. BUT, as much as LT is a big need for Minnesota, WR and CB IMO are just as big of need. That team is a wreck.

Look at Jason Smith, Andre Smith, etc...all drafted as LT's, now playing RT.
    I would consider myself one of the biggest Jason Smith supporters on this forum, but you aren't bolstering your argument using him as an example as a desirable way to develop a RT...

And yes, we understand the Vikings have been saying they don't want to draft a perennial pro bowl left tackle. And from what I can tell no one said Blackmon would be a bad pick for the Vikings, we are saying Kalil would be a bad pick for the Browns. In our humble opinion of course.

Anyway, yes Richardson if you are absolutely set in your mock up to our pick. Seems like Steven Jackson would be willing to mentor him as well, based on recent comments.
    Bar-bq likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Well, if you look at the Browns RT situation, you can obviously see a gaping hole. And if youve been following your football news which it sounds like you havent, you would know that its been reported several times that the Vikings are not interested in Kalil. Which leaves Blackmon making the most sense. Thats why they call em' mock drafts.
    Not to sound rude or arogant in anyway because I for one like other teams fans posting on our forum but you are aware that know is the team GM's and other figures in a Front Office create BS stories like " we are not interested in Kalil" crap right? It's this time of the offseason before the draft where everyone starts getting their poker game on!

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Not to sound rude or arogant in anyway because I for one like other teams fans posting on our forum but you are aware that know is the team GM's and other figures in a Front Office create BS stories like " we are not interested in Kalil" crap right? It's this time of the offseason before the draft where everyone starts getting their poker game on!
    I agree, that is very true. But what I dont get is if the Vikings were just saying that, what advantage is it to them? I mean, theyre in the drivers seat.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I agree, that is very true. But what I dont get is if the Vikings were just saying that, what advantage is it to them? I mean, theyre in the drivers seat.
    They are trying to get the Rams, Bucs and Browns to think that they don't want Kalil and instead want Richardson, Claiborne or Blackmon to trick the Rams, Bucs or Browns into handing over a pick to trade up and secure their man.
    Rammed likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I agree that the Browns' RT situation is bad, but I don think you draft a guy that high specifically to play on the right side. I think the Bengals doing it a few years ago was more the rare exception than the rule.

As for the Rams, if you're basing your picks in some part on who teams are interested or not interested in (ie. Vikings passing on Kalil for Blackmon), then Richardson is the obvious choice for St. Louis in the six-spot because there have been a number of reports that suggest they love the guy.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The answer to your question........Richardson.

Now, let's get to this Vikings/Browns conundrum. You're right; the Vikings have numerous holes. And if they can gen up enough interest from a trade-up team, they might be able to fill more than just one. If there's no partner, they will take Kalil. I feel nearly as confident that Kalil will be #3 as I am that Luck and RG3 will be #1 and #2.

As for the Browns, again you're right; they need a RT. However, RTs just don't go that high. Smith and Smith are both high draft picks that play RT. But that's only because they were failures as LTs.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast