Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    If both OT's are there when we pick which one should we pick?
    Andre Smith OR Michael Oher


  2. #2
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    ANDRE SMITH

    No argument needed.

  3. #3
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    ANDRE SMITH

    No argument needed.
    Is it that clear of a choice in your opinion?

    And who would project as the better LT for when Pace is done?


    I honestly can't say because I have not seen enough games of the two. I have only seen a few highlights here and there.

  4. #4
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,088
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    If both OT's are there when we pick which one should we pick?
    Andre Smith OR Michael Oher
    Unfortunately, I'm actually thinking the exact opposite scenario is all too possible; what are we going to do if NEITHER one is available when we pick at #3?

    WHAT SAY YE?

  5. #5
    Nick_Weasel's Avatar
    Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    I think at this point Andre Smith has to be first choice.

  6. #6
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,491
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    Right now, it seems that the concensus is to give the nod to Smith. Of course, he has not declared yet.

    Either players are potentially as good or better than Jake Long.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -12-03-2008 at 11:52 AM.

  7. #7
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,043
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    I'd gladly take either one, but Smith seems like the better pick of the two, right now. I was able to watch him last week and he was pile driving people. Seriously, the Undertaker called in and told him to stop. True Story.

  8. #8
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Right now, it seems that the concensus is to give the not to Smith. Of course, he has not declared yet.

    Either players are potentially as good or better than Jake Long.
    CRAP! I keep forgetting that he is a junior!

    If he declares, then my choice goes to Andre Smith.

    If not, it'll be Oher. I mean Eugene Monroe is the only other choice for us if we pick early in the draft.

    It'll be tough. But if Andre Smith declares and he falls in our laps, we'd be stupid to pass...

  9. #9
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,550
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    Probably depends on the new offensive scheme. I think Smith would be better in a power blocking scheme where Oher would excel in a zone blocking system.

    However, in a PERFECT world, with both on the board, we keep trading down one spot at a time until one of them is selected. Then we take the other and pocket the accumulated picks. But then again, in a perfect world I look like Brad Pitt.
    Last edited by HUbison; -12-03-2008 at 09:58 AM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  10. #10
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

    Either players are potentially as good or better than Jake Long.
    Interesting that you mention that because several Rams fans would have liked to have had Jake Long slip to us last year. This could actually work out better.

    Our last two 1st round picks:
    DE Chris Long
    OT Andre Smith or Michael Oher

    That could windup much better then:
    OT Jake Long
    DE ? or Not take DE
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -12-03-2008 at 09:48 PM.

  11. #11
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Probably depends on the new offensive scheme. I think Smith would be better in a power blocking scheme where Oher would excel in a zone blocking system.

    However, in a PERFECT world, with both on the board, we keep trading down one spot at a time until one of them is selected. Then we take the other and pocket the accumulated picks. But then again, in a perfect world I look like Brad Pitt.
    I disagree with your first statement. They both should be in a power blocking scheme in my opinion IMO.

    I'll go against the crowd and go with Oher. Oher IMO is the perfect LT, dare i say it he is eerily similar to Pace. Oher has better feet and longer arms. Smith is powerful and a mauler, but he has a short and squatty build, that may be better suited at guard. I think they will both end up being dominant players, but I Oher will be more dominat at LT while Smith may be dominant at a position besides LT like a Steve Hutchinson type at guard.

  12. #12
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,801
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    CRAP! I keep forgetting that he is a junior!

    If he declares, then my choice goes to Andre Smith.

    If not, it'll be Oher. I mean Eugene Monroe is the only other choice for us if we pick early in the draft.

    It'll be tough. But if Andre Smith declares and he falls in our laps, we'd be stupid to pass...
    We could do alot worse than Eugene Monroe .. He should transition well to the NFL. The way we're playing however, we may have our pick of all three ..

  13. #13
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Interesting that you mention that because several Rams fans would have liked to have had Jake Long slip to us last year. This could actually work out better.

    Our last two 1st round picks:
    DE Chris Long
    OT Andre Smith or Michael Oher

    That could windup much better then:
    OT Jake Long
    DE ? or Not take DE
    Thats a very good point.

    Maybe Devaney is smarter than we thought.

    Well I doubt my statement is true. Who knew how we would do this season. However, you make probably the best point I've read all day.

  14. #14
    tonyray05's Avatar
    tonyray05 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    Alex Smith is the best prospect out there.

  15. #15
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,088
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: If both top OT are there when we pick who would you take?

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyray05 View Post
    Alex Smith is the best prospect out there.
    I hope that you were referring to ANDRE Smith. Heck Alex can't even play QB for the Whiners let alone OT. LOL!!

    WHAT SAY YE?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jim Thomas Live
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -04-09-2008, 09:53 PM
  2. Something interesting on Barron
    By 39thebeast in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: -03-27-2008, 04:13 PM
  3. Gordo Live
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -03-17-2008, 07:59 PM
  4. Jim Thomas Live, Jan 4th
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-05-2008, 09:34 AM
  5. NFL Draft Countdown's Nov. 11 Mock Draft
    By Nick in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-15-2005, 07:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •