Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: If Detroit passes on Stafford?

Thanks for all your responses. I can't tell you how much fun this form is gonna be for me. I've been a Rams fan for so long and I'm trapped with all these Eagles fans around me. I almost hate the birds as much as the niners. Finally I have people to talk with and not have to hear about how good the Eagles are. Thanks everybody... I guess the smart thing to do in the draft is to get an Offensive Lineman. But it's just one of the most boring picks for a fan. But you can't argue the results. Look at the turn around year Miami had. But more importantly. Look what we did after Pace was in place. JRF...

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    Thanks for all your responses. I can't tell you how much fun this form is gonna be for me. I've been a Rams fan for so long and I'm trapped with all these Eagles fans around me. I almost hate the birds as much as the niners. Finally I have people to talk with and not have to hear about how good the Eagles are.
    one of our more prolific posters is married to an Eagles fan who is also a member on here so you havent totally escaped them!

welcome again..is always good to chat with passionate Rams Fans..the more the merrier!

Go`s

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

I know what your saying about the two QB's. But after watching Bulger last year I was very disapointed. I know the protection was just not there but there were times he looked so scarred to death I'm don't think he'll ever recover. Might as well make plans to move on at QB. But I really don't believe Stafford is the answer either. As far as Boldin go's did you forget who the other guy is on that team. Fitz is the physical guy and he's 6' 3"... Ward can hit you I'll give you that. But he's not gonna out wrestle a guy for the ball like Fitz or Burress...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

The Rams have no choice but to go OT in Round 1. Round 2? Well that's the interesting positional pick.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

To make things interesting, apparently the Jags are looking heavily at Mark Sanchez at #8. Would they be interested to trade up to #2 if Stafford was available? But another thing, you guys are all making the point that we can't have two $60 mil QBs on the roster. However, Jax just signed David Garrard last year to a contract similar to Bulger. How are they able to make it work?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Hey, the Rams aren't going to the playoffs in 2009 either and the QB draft in 2010 is going to be deep. I think it's highly feasible that the Rams draft a QB in Round 1 in 2010

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    well I guess that's why it probably wont happen. they are probably trying to bait a team that really needs a quarterback to trade to there pick so they can get more in return. it's all a smoke screen.
    It would be an effective smoke screen had they not just signed Garrard long term. With his contract, teams won't buy that they are considering a QB so I don't buy that it's a smokescreen. Okay, a better example then. Matt Ryan signed a $72 mil contract last season, yet Atlanta still has Michael Vick's $50 mil on its books, which is why it's trying to trade him once he gets re-instated. They are not going to find a trade partner and they will have to eat his salary. The reason they are able to balance this is because Ryan had a very low cap number his rookie season, and it will escalate with incentives and experience. I'm just making a case for the pro QB fans out there, because when I see everyone say we can't have two $60 mil QB's on the roster, we sure can. Just ask New England.

Also, view Pat Kirwan's latest mock for a surprise, it includes what I was talking about above:

Pat Kirwan's Mock Draft
    Last edited by Bald_81; -02-25-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12