View Poll Results: What positions would you target in Round 1?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quarterback

5 15.63%
  • Running Back

1 3.13%
  • Wide Receiver

4 12.50%
  • Tight End

0 0%
  • Offensive Tackle

22 68.75%
  • Center/Offensive Guard

8 25.00%
  • Defensive End

0 0%
  • Defensive Tackle

2 6.25%
  • Linebacker

1 3.13%
  • Cornerback

9 28.13%
  • Safety

10 31.25%
  • Best Player Available

10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: If the draft was today, what positions would you target in the first round?

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: If the draft was today, what positions would you target in the first round?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I feel like my thoughts on Joe Barksdale kind of mimic Kanye West's thoughts on Taylor Swift: "Yo Barks, I’m really happy for you… I’mma let you finish. But..."

It's great that Barksdale has been able to step in and perform well, but I feel like this fanbase has been so talent starved that we're almost afraid to think bigger than what we have sometimes. Barksdale has been good, but do you pass on Jake Matthews because of him? I sincerely doubt it.

If I'm the Rams and I'm staring at two Top Ten picks, I'm targeting an offensive tackle with one of them. That person will step in immediately to start at right tackle with the long-term prospects of being able to replace Jake Long at left tackle whenever the time comes. Hell, at 6'5" and 326 lbs, maybe you could shift Barksdale inside to guard to replace Chris Williams and fix a second position on the line.

With the second pick, I'm targeting either the best defensive back or the best interior lineman on either side of the ball. I don't know that there will be a guard worthy of the pick, but I'm not ruling out the idea. A defensive tackle to pair with Brockers on the interior wouldn't be an awful choice, but really I think the best defensive back is the way to go. A corner could challenge Jenkins and Johnson for playing time in the starting unit, or a safety to start opposite McDonald when he's back.
    Ditto! Our 2 most needed positions are O-Line and DB. Having said that I still feel our best option is to go with BPA.

Go Rams!

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    A guy I really want is Anthony Barr. That guy's an animal. He'd solidify our last LB spot and can rush the passer on 3rd downs. Move him around and let him impact the game like Von Miller can.
    But he and Ogletree are basically the same player & play the same position. He's not a SLB. If we were going to draft a LB this high, he's have to be a SLB that can smash the run & also contribute on passing plays. At the current moment, we can deal with Dunbar for atleast another year. I say we go safety and either DT/OT in round one regardless of what happens the rest of the year.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    Definately wr

the other is qb or ol
    Plan A
    Sammy Watkins--->Marquis Lee--->Mike Evans
    Jake Matthews--->Cyril Richardson--->Taylor Lewan

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    This year is finally the year we should truly go BPA. We're a talented team on the brink of a playoff contender. Add 2 great players in the 1st and help us propel into the playoffs.

We could add a CB and make Finnegan expendable (or just keep Finnegan and have 4 solid CB's). A guy I really want is Anthony Barr. That guy's an animal. He'd solidify our last LB spot and can rush the passer on 3rd downs. Move him around and let him impact the game like Von Miller can.
    partially because i'm a USC fan...i don't want Barr, so i also get to agree with others that he wouldn't exactly fit

but i just don't like the guy's personality, he's a butt imo
    totally classless over Matt Barkley's injury last year

i don't, and never have myself, celebrated an injury in any sport

couldn't root for the guy

Harkey is a bruin as well...but he's done nothing to warrant any disliking whatsoever (other than being a bruin lol)

Randart is offline Registered User

I chose OT & BPA surprising even to me... LOL
    But having those high pics we are in rare territory where you rarely get to go and special OT's don't come around every day. Even if he sits and plays back up would be great to get one of the top two OT's in this draft. Like everyone I really like Matthews and his ties to coach Fisher, seems meant to be if we get lucky enough to have him available for our pick. You guys all covered our areas of need pretty well imho. C/G and DT also DB all could really help us alot. Bonus pics would be RB & QB for depth. LB would be good as JLD is a question mark for the future. Will be alot of fun to see what Les, the Scouts and Fish come up with this draft so many options and ways to go!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I must have forgot to respond to this thread. I would still take Barr in a heartbeat. He's such an impactful player. He is going to be an impact no matter where he lines up and no matter what he's asked to do. He's athletic and has a mean arsenal of pass rushing moves. He's also a lights out hitter. Adding him to our front 7 makes our front 7 the best in the league (arguably). Barr in my opinion is a "cant miss" prospect. He's a guy that Mike Waufle would salivate over. You simply have a fresh rotation of 4 pass rushers. I've seen Quinn and even Long line up plenty of times at DT this year. We can very simply put out Barr, Hayes, Long, Quinn on 3rd downs just like we do now (we use 4 DE sets pretty often on 3rd and longs) and Seattle does as well.

THE DREAM TEAM

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Who are you benching in the nickel: Laurinaitis, Ogletree, Quinn, or Long?
    How often do the Rams play nickel on 3rd down anyways, is it a big percentage?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12