View Poll Results: If no Jake Long, what's Plan B?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pursue Sebastian Volmer

19 52.78%
  • Pursue Andre Smith

1 2.78%
  • Pursue Eric Winston

8 22.22%
  • Sign (RFA - 1st round tender) Victor Cruz

2 5.56%
  • Pursue Greg Jennings

4 11.11%
  • Focus on Safety Position

2 5.56%
  • Focus on LB Position

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: If Jake Long does not sign, what is Plan B?

RamFan876 is offline Registered User

Re: If Jake Long does not sign, what is Plan B?

Quote Originally Posted by LongBlood View Post
    Isn't Jake Long Plan B? I mean 4 years ago it was the majority of the board that said to draft that POS Jason Smith...
    I would agree that I also thought that Smith was a mistake. They should've drafted Eugene Monroe. He didn't have the "upside" that teams look for but he is turning into a solid player for Jacksonville.

...over Crabtree (when I essentially was the one voice of foresight on here). I said then it takes WR 2-3 to develop in the NFL and OT was essentially plug and play. I've always maintained that we needed to go WR first, then OT.
    Crabtree seemed to have issues before the ***** started their current streak of success. I think he would have turned into a locker room cancer with the Rams.

I also said 3 yrs ago it was in their best interests to trade Jackson since the team wasn't going anywhere and we could've gotten a good return on him. Now lost Jackson and got nothing for him, except his salary off the books.
    I would also agree that the Rams could have traded Steven Jackson for some solid picks a few years ago. I like the idea as a person who plays fantasy sports and can look at situations as a GM. However, there are no fans of my teams and no one is paying for tickets and jerseys.

I would like to see Jake Long sign with the Rams but the extra first round pick will certainly come in handy if he doesn't. I think there are four tackles available in the draft that could also man the left side. I will hope that one of them falls to the Rams if Long doesn't sign with them.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    I would want Jennings. It adds some experience and reliability to an inexperienced and iffy group of receivers. I also really want to root for him to put the team on his back doe and I really want to get this jersey.

Attachment 3352
    Jack Youngblood might have something to say about that jersey number.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If Jake Long does not sign, what is Plan B?
    Good Question!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by LongBlood
    Isn't Jake Long Plan B? I mean 4 years ago it was the majority of the board that said to draft that POS Jason Smith over Crabtree (when I essentially was the one voice of foresight on here). I said then it takes WR 2-3 to develop in the NFL and OT was essentially plug and play. I've always maintained that we needed to go WR first, then OT. I also said 3 yrs ago it was in their best interests to trade Jackson since the team wasn't going anywhere and we could've gotten a good return on him. Now lost Jackson and got nothing for him, except his salary off the books. SMH. I always said Billy D was an idiot that didn't see things off in the distant. Turns out, I was very right. That said, I have full faith in Les and Jeff so why worry. Sit back and drink a beer man. We are way past Plan B LMAO. Need an WR, OLB, S THEN OL. But hey, atleast Fischer is smart and doesn't draft OL with early picks. Jason Smith, really...what were you guys smoking when you agreed with that pick.
    Sucks that you forgot to buy a lottery ticket even though you knew the winning numbers. Then you could have bought the team and named yourself GM.

By the way, it turns out that Crabtree was, at best, the fourth best WR in that draft (behind Harvin, Hicks and Wallace). You had Crabtree at the top of your draft board in 2009... true, but (gotta love the search feature) you had Jason Smith at #3, above every other WR in the draft... so its not as though you knew he'd be a bust.

Also, your SJax argument is absurd. By your logic, the Patriots and Broncos should trade Brady and Manning now because, in three years, they could both be retired.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -03-16-2013 at 01:06 AM.
    Rammed and sosa39rams like this.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Isn't Jake Long Plan B? I mean 4 years ago it was the majority of the board that said to draft that POS Jason Smith over Crabtree (when I essentially was the one voice of foresight on here).
    Do you bruise easily? I was just wondering because every time I try to pat myself on the back that ferociously I come up purple.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

No Plan B necessary...Fisher & Snead will take plan A.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12