throwback week

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Truck

Thread: If Long signs, Ravens fans have talked about trading Oher for Saffold would you?

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

If Long signs, Ravens fans have talked about trading Oher for Saffold would you?

I have seen on one of the Ravens boards where they were talking about trading Oher for Saffold if we got Long. If we did get Long who do you think would be better at RT and would you make the trade for Oher?

I think Oher would be a better RT and I would strongly consider it. He dont have the injury history of Saffold either. Oher is 26 and Saffold is 24 so close in age and both will be free agents after the year.

New OL:
    LT-Jake Long
    LG- Rok Watkins
    C- Scott Wells
    RG- Harvey Dahl
    RT-Michael Oher
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-14-2013 at 08:03 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: If Long signs, Ravens fans have talked about trading Oher for Saffold would you?

You know what? That would actually be a win-win for both teams. Oher is the better RT. Saffold is the better LT. Both teams have he need. I'm not 100% sure yet that Saffold will want out of town though.

THE DREAM TEAM

Truck is offline Registered User

Re: If Long signs, Ravens fans have talked about trading Oher for Saffold would you?

That'd be another 3 million dollars we'd need to clear up though right.
    ManofGod likes this.

Judaxi is offline Registered User

In a heart beat. I live in Baltimore and while Oher is anything but "The Blindside" he is awesome at RT and is almost never injured. As long as you don't mind a few false starts here and there I would love that trade.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

What Judaxi said. He was good as a LT in college and high school, but he's more strong than fast. If we can do a one for one, I'd jump on Oher in a second for RT.
    I believe!

KiwiRam is offline Registered User

Would be a good trade for both teams looking from the outside, not sure Baltimore would lover saffolds injury bug. But if they were to make this trade, looking at the first post, would still want them to draft a G early on in the draft, the luxury of having 2 picks .. Rok as a starter doesnt sing to me, he might develop but at the very least we need to add a top prospect into the rotation, Rams 'O-line' and 'injuries' are long-time companions.

New OL:
    LT-Jake Long
    LG- Rok Watkins
    C- Scott Wells
    RG- Harvey Dahl
    RT-Michael Oher

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

My only worry would be that since "Oher" has more of a brand name, his price will be more than Saffold's leading into 2014 negotiations. But Saffold is a high 2nd round pick playing LT, so I my concern may not be justified.

Either way, Saffold or Oher, it's a 1 year thing.... for the money, I think I'd prefer to see the Rams pick up a 4 year rookie contract on a good RT prospect.

KiwiRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KoaKoi View Post
    My only worry would be that since "Oher" has more of a brand name, his price will be more than Saffold's leading into 2014 negotiations. But Saffold is a high 2nd round pick playing LT, so I my concern may not be justified.

Either way, Saffold or Oher, it's a 1 year thing.... for the money, I think I'd prefer to see the Rams pick up a 4 year rookie contract on a good RT prospect.
    Either way, they are both getting paid next year, but will Saffold be looking for LT money?, or Oher for that matter?, I'd rather have Oher if he's looking for RT type money and let Saffold go.