Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: IF NOT SUH ....then TAKE...

There were video clips during the season on ESPN where Mays was goofing off during games and not making hits / plays he should be making. I think his stock dropped considerably (still middle first round). Berry on the other hand is a premier player and his height means absolutely nothing (he's between 5'11 and 6'0). The guy can play SS, FS, CB and probably make due at WLB. He not only can play, he's smart, a leader and an all around great guy it seems.

I wouldn't be upset with Berry but I'm not sure a SS is worthy of the #2 pick. Seems high for a position with such a low life expectancy.

ludairv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    There were video clips during the season on ESPN where Mays was goofing off during games and not making hits / plays he should be making. I think his stock dropped considerably (still middle first round). Berry on the other hand is a premier player and his height means absolutely nothing (he's between 5'11 and 6'0). The guy can play SS, FS, CB and probably make due at WLB. He not only can play, he's smart, a leader and an all around great guy it seems.

I wouldn't be upset with Berry but I'm not sure a SS is worthy of the #2 pick. Seems high for a position with such a low life expectancy.
    iuno if u can really say that tho man...look at Reed (hes played a long ass time and is still at the top) and Polumalu theyre such important pieces on their teams and without them their teams really stuggle....look at Polumalu ...steelers looks ridiculosu with out him... they just dont play at a high level without him.... its Either Suh or Berry at this point ...theyre the consensus 1 and 2 pick by most drafts....theyre the most talented.... i woulda be estactic if we got either one
    Last edited by ludairv; -12-15-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

You generally don't see safeties drafted that high, but in this class, I wouldn't be shocked to see Berry gone in the 3-5 range. I'm working on a mock right now and I have him going to Cleveland @ 3.

mtah6245 is offline Registered User

Eric Berry should be selected if not Suh with the first pick. In my opinion he is the
    second best defensive player in the draft and a playmaking safety would greatly improve the defense.

ludairv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You generally don't see safeties drafted that high, but in this class, I wouldn't be shocked to see Berry gone in the 3-5 range. I'm working on a mock right now and I have him going to Cleveland @ 3.
    at 3? wow who do u have a 2 please dont say a QB or Gerald Mccoy....

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    at 3? wow who do u have a 2 please dont say a QB or Gerald Mccoy....
    Right now my top three looks like...

Rams: Suh
    Bucs: McCoy
    Browns: Berry

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Right now my top three looks like...

Rams: Suh
    Bucs: McCoy
    Browns: Berry
    That's a solid start, Nick.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

mtah6245 is offline Registered User

Brian Dawkins is 5'11", Troy Palamalu is 5'11" and Ed Reed is 5'11". Height at the safety position should not be a factor. Berry will be a playmaker for some NFL team in 2010 if Suh is gone when the Rams pick the selection should be Berry.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I know he's your boy, Ludairy but as it stands right now we're picking #1, and with two very serviceable players at each S position, we have to pass on Berry for Suh, or whoever else we decide on.

EricBerryToRams2010 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    iuno if u can really say that tho man...look at Reed (hes played a long ass time and is still at the top) and Polumalu theyre such important pieces on their teams and without them their teams really stuggle....look at Polumalu ...steelers looks ridiculosu with out him... they just dont play at a high level without him.... its Either Suh or Berry at this point ...theyre the consensus 1 and 2 pick by most drafts....theyre the most talented.... i woulda be estactic if we got either one
    Exactly, we can shore up the Dline later. Suh is good, but he relies solely on strength, i know some of you are in love with him but... he has a limited repertoire of moves. He may, but i highly doubt he throws NFL lineman around like that. I like Eric Berry obviously, and for good reason. Eric Berry is the true once in a decade talent, the guy can do everything, he's SOOO VERSATILE. We can draft someone to plug up the middle, like a Jay Ratliff kinda guy or maybe Mount Cody falls, WHO KNOWS.

A lot of time between now and the combine, i just hope everyone is thinking outside the box. The draft is such an unknown, and if we miss on this.... we will be set back as a franchise for even longer. Idk about anyone else here but... i miss winning, and we need to start being able to score points, and Berry can be anything we want on D, he won't just be a strong DT who can manchild college no namers "for the most part".

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by EricBerryToRams2010 View Post
    Exactly, we can shore up the Dline later. Suh is good, but he relies solely on strength, i know some of you are in love with him but... he has a limited repertoire of moves. He may, but i highly doubt he throws NFL lineman around like that. I like Eric Berry obviously, and for good reason. Eric Berry is the true once in a decade talent, the guy can do everything, he's SOOO VERSATILE. We can draft someone to plug up the middle, like a Jay Ratliff kinda guy or maybe Mount Cody falls, WHO KNOWS.

A lot of time between now and the combine, i just hope everyone is thinking outside the box. The draft is such an unknown, and if we miss on this.... we will be set back as a franchise for even longer. Idk about anyone else here but... i miss winning, and we need to start being able to score points, and Berry can be anything we want on D, he won't just be a strong DT who can manchild college no namers "for the most part".
    I wonder what your agenda is

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Suh is good, but he relies solely on strength, i know some of you are in love with him but... he has a limited repertoire of moves.
    Ouch. Okay, I'm just going to say I disagree with this assessment.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by EricBerryToRams2010 View Post
    Exactly, we can shore up the Dline later. Suh is good, but he relies solely on strength, i know some of you are in love with him but... he has a limited repertoire of moves.
    I agree. From what I've seen, Suh only has two moves:

1. Penetrating into the backfield;
    2. Tackling the guy with the ball.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I agree. From what I've seen, Suh only has two moves:

1. Penetrating into the backfield;
    2. Tackling the guy with the ball.
    Obviously a project.

Don't you hate when a guy goes against a team playing to go to the National Championship, he man handles the offensive line and you know it's all fake because he only has a few moves? I mean come on. 4 1/2 sacks in such an important game? Blah. Guy doesn't show up for big games.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Not to mention that he's averaging about 8 tackles and 1 sack per game from the DT spot.

No need to try to tear down Suh to pump up Berry. They're both great prospects.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast