throwback week

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ludairv is offline Registered User

Re: IF NOT SUH ....then TAKE...

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I know he's your boy, Ludairy but as it stands right now we're picking #1, and with two very serviceable players at each S position, we have to pass on Berry for Suh, or whoever else we decide on.
    oo im all for takin suh ..thats if we have the number one pick...but y take the 2nd best player at Suh's position in mccoy and not take the NEXT outstanding playmaker ..in berry the BEST next talent (btw he won jim thorpe award)???? i think ur forgettign too that they might not even resign Oj ....if not they can get pick(s) for him and use them to fill out the roster.. we should have enough trust in Spags' expertise in scopin out Dline talent in the later rounds...

side note: im hoping they get Jason cambell instead of vick....
    Last edited by ludairv; -12-18-2009 at 02:23 AM.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

I would much rather have Taylor Mays then Eric Berry

Quote Originally Posted by hill_Bartell=Probowl View Post
    I would much rather have Taylor Mays then Eric Berry
    hes not even a tenth of a playmaker Berry is ....lol ye if the angle is there he hits like a ton of bicks and can take ppls heads off but his coverage skills r wack...check his stats for the past two years... size isnt everything...if u gave me the choice of a Ed Reed size safety (5"11)+ thje playmaking... or a big ass saferty like mays (ronnie lott minus the playmaking ) ... pshh...ed reed every time man,... + hes the 2nd best prospect in most mock drafts...

Bald_81 is online now Registered User

I'm in favour of Suh being our pick, but one thing I have noticed is that looking back at the DTs who have played with Spags in Philadelphia and New York, most of them are over 300 lbs. Suh apparently weighs 290 lbs., which would seem to buck the trend of the bigger DTs that Spagnuolo likes to employ. Here's a list of them:

Corey Simon - 320 lbs.
    Hugh Douglas - 320 lbs.
    Hollis Thomas - 335 lbs.
    Darwin Walker - 295 lbs.
    Mike Patterson - 295 lbs.
    Brodrick Bunkley - 305 lbs.
    Fred Robbins - 315 lbs.
    Barry Cofield - 305 lbs.

I felt the need to research this because I recalled what Jeff Gordon of the PD said regarding the Rams interest in Suh. Here's his quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Gordon
    Jeff Gordon: The Rams like another DT or two over him at this point. Maybe the whole Nebraska thing scares the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Gordon
    Jeff Gordon: Hes a playmaker, but the Rams very much believe in size at that position. They can go small with other players in pass rush situations. They want a run stuffer.
    This would certainly contradict Peter King's claims about the Rams having him rated at the top of their board. However, I do remember Billy on an interview with Bernie last year saying how Tony Softli had alerted him about a tackle who was graded as a late 1st, early 2nd round pick that they would keep their eye on (as if to take the attention off grabbing one with the #2 pick). So, there is going to be a whole lot of posturing going on between now and April. There are several factors pointing towards drafting and not drafting Suh, but IMO there is no other player there (unless they prefer McCoy) who you take over King Kong. My ideal situation would be to trade down and acquire more picks, so maybe we could entice the Redskins to trade up for Clausen, as it appears they are already smitten with him. Man, this is going to be another LONG off season.

P.S. I should also point out that Darell Scott, LaJuan Ramsey, and Leger Douzable (who have all come to St. Louis this year under Spags) are over 300 lbs. as well. For all we know, Suh will measure in at 300 lbs. and all of this will be hog wash. But still, something to keep an eye on because Spags seems to have a preference for those big space eating DTs.
    Last edited by Bald_81; -12-17-2009 at 04:24 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm in favour of Suh being our pick, but one thing I have noticed is that looking back at the DTs who have played with Spags in Philadelphia and New York, most of them are over 300 lbs. Suh apparently weighs 290 lbs.,
    So sew a 10 lb. brick to his uniform.

Problem solved.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    hes not even a tenth of a playmaker Berry is ....lol ye if the angle is there he hits like a ton of bicks and can take ppls heads off but his coverage skills r wack...check his stats for the past two years... size isnt everything...if u gave me the choice of a Ed Reed size safety (5"11)+ thje playmaking... or a big ass saferty like mays (ronnie lott minus the playmaking ) ... pshh...ed reed every time man,... + hes the 2nd best prospect in most mock drafts...
    You have probably seen more games of Eric berry than me. I live in So Cal and I always watch the SC games and Taylor Mays is Very good. Also Mays is tall and they said his forty yard dash time was like 4.25 ( do not know if true, saw it while watching a game)
    I want Suh don't get me wrong, but if not i would like Taylor Mays. Just my personal preference, Ill start to look at videos of both of them.

Oh and i would take a Sean Taylor
    Last edited by San Diego Ram; -12-17-2009 at 11:22 AM.

[QUOTE=hill_Bartell=Probowl;322357]You have probably seen more games of Eric berry than me. I live in So Cal and I always watch the SC games and Taylor Mays is Very good. Also Mays is tall and they said his forty yard dash time was like 4.25 ( do not know if true, saw it while watching a game)
    I want Suh don't get me wrong, but if not i would like Taylor Mays. Just my personal preference, Ill start to look at videos of both of them.

Oh and i would take a Sean Taylor [/QUOTI

Iunno bout you but...i rather take a playmaker...then some run who runs fast....sure he hits likea ton of bricks....but really? tryin to take someones head off just pushes you backwards.....il take the playmaker a la polumalu/reed type...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123