throwback week

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

If Plax Gets Released...

If the Giants release Plax I think heís the receiver to target. Itís all speculation but I have read in other threads about his possible release. The G-men might have interest in signing Holt and if they do they will likely cut ties with Burress. The guy is tough to beat in the corner of the end zone. He will out jump just about any DB. Assuming he isn't found guilty and gets jail time. This would be very interesting to see what Spags would doÖ.What do you think?
    Last edited by jerseyramsfan; -03-05-2009 at 09:37 PM.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Re: If Plax Gets Released...

No thanks I want him as much as I would want T.O. and that would be never.

tonyray05 Guest

You would have to get permission from his PO to move to St. Lous.

general counsel is offline Registered User

The legal process has a long way to go before anyone knows when he can play again. Furthermore, there were problems with plax before the shooting. We dont need that at this point for the same reasons that we dont need TO. We are not close enough to winning to warrant taking the risk.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

cfh128 is offline Registered User

"Character," "core values," and "team first" are three of the four pillars Steve Spagnuolo plans on building this team around. This coupled with Devaney's desire to get younger should answer and questions to be had about signing guys like Plaxico Burress or T.O.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

He's not leaving the Giants. Their general manager has said that they will take him back if he is able to avoid jail time and be allowed to compete. It also sounded like TO was gonna stay in Dallas this year a little while ago so you never know.

Plax would be much less of a problem than TO because most of Plax's problems(aside from the whole shooting thing) were just made out to be bigger than they were by the media. He wouldn't be as productive as Terrel Owens but I think he would be a good addition to the team if somehow he was able to come to the Rams.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Getting suspended by the coach for failing to show up at meetings and failing to call when you are going to be late are unprofessional acts that the rams dont need to get involved with. Everything is blown out of proportion by the ny media, but plaxico was hardly a high character guy and as we rebuild, it doesnt make sense to take that kind of guy on board. Regardless of the talent, which no one denies, its a terrible example for the younger players.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

tonyray05 Guest

Between Plaxico and Vick, they could make the Longest Yard #3???

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

I understand about the character of the man. But I don't want to just give up for the next two or three years. Our receivers are just too young. And if you ask his team mates... They seem to want him back... Unlike TO's...

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tonyray05 View Post
    Between Plaxico and Vick, they could make the Longest Yard #3???
    Hahahaha, thats funny...but really, Plax with the Rams??..Hell yeah! but theres that thing with the attitude again..

ManofGod is offline Registered User

In a word: No. In two words: Heck No! Just like with T.O. we do not need a distraction of this magnitude on our team when we are trying to promote change & a new culture.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Why can't all the talented receivers be like Torry Holt and Isaac?

I mean, if I'm playing Fantasy Football or Madden, I'm picking up guys like TO and Plax in a heartbeat (well maybe not Plax in madden-he's far too slow )

But the thing is, when trying to build a real life team, you just can't have all the distractions these players will bring. If we bring in enough guys that care about winning and making the Rams as a whole better, even if they don't have the star power, we will be a good football team.

Black Hills Ramman Guest

As others have said, I don't want to give up on the Rams this year ither, but truth be told we were 2 - 14 last year for a reason. Please don't give an attitude problem a reason to bring it to ouir locker room. Build for the future please, add another decent vet Wr who will work hard and lend good advice to our youngster. I would gladly go (4 - 12/ 6 - 10) in 09 to build for a 12 - 4 team in 2010 with character, teamwork and team spirit that will last for a few years. Adding headcases for big contracts keeps us treading water and holds us back where we are now. C'mon Spags, please stick to your ideals.