Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: If Rams Draft was today -- 2012 Mock this team right for once Front Office

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: If Rams Draft was today -- 2012 Mock this team right for once Front Office

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'm not even sure it's that fierce a battle. From everything I've seen and heard so far, Blackmon is the clear leader. But of course, it's November. I like what you've done; looks good. Demps is a reach in the 2nd, but he would be a nice addition.
    It way closer than you or anything think.... I actually still grade Floyd higher than Blackmon the same way I had a higher grade on Kenny Britt over Michael Crabtree....

Crabtree was very similar to Blackmon and Britt with Floyd -- I am sure most people rather Britt now....

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    It way closer than you or anything think.... I actually still grade Floyd higher than Blackmon the same way I had a higher grade on Kenny Britt over Michael Crabtree....

Crabtree was very similar to Blackmon and Britt with Floyd -- I am sure most people rather Britt now....
    Hopefully, your Blackmon/Floyd = Crabtree/Britt analogy is not correct, because I would hate for the Rams to use such a high pick on the 6th or 7th best WR in the draft, like Crabtree and Britt have turned out to be so far.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Only pick that interests me right now is Blackmon in the first. But we will probably win too many games and screw that up too. Just like Green & Jones.... I'm just so damn frustrated!!!!!!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    Only pick that interests me right now is Blackmon in the first. But we will probably win too many games and screw that up too. Just like Green & Jones.... I'm just so damn frustrated!!!!!!
    As far as we know, the Colts probably payed the Saints to let us beat them so the Colts could get the #1 pick.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

chiguy is offline Registered User

I appreciate your picks, but I'm surprised you don't think we need help at OT and DT. The center of our defense has way underperformed; the tackles...well, they have haven't been good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    I appreciate your picks, but I'm surprised you don't think we need help at OT and DT. The center of our defense has way underperformed; the tackles...well, they have haven't been good at all.
    We drafted OT's for 2 years straight and that hasn't helped us at all.....DT's can be found in free agency and in later round......

If you think we should go OT and DT round 1 and 2 you obviously don't want to win for 2 years or longer

chiguy is offline Registered User

We drafted OT's for 2 years straight and that hasn't helped us at all.....DT's can be found in free agency and in later round......

If you think we should go OT and DT round 1 and 2 you obviously don't want to win for 2 years or longer
    That works both ways -- we went out and signed FA at those positions. We still have problems in pass protection and are at the bottom of the league in run defense. What position you draft doesn't matter; getting players that fix your problems does. I don't see how anyone can watch the Rams right now and believe that pass protection and run defense aren't huge problems.

And I'm not sure why you think we can evaluate draft talent at other positions better than we can at these. We haven't done a good job at the draft...period.
    Rambos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    That works both ways -- we went out and signed FA at those positions. We still have problems in pass protection and are at the bottom of the league in run defense. What position you draft doesn't matter; getting players that fix your problems does. I don't see how anyone can watch the Rams right now and believe that pass protection and run defense aren't huge problems.

And I'm not sure why you think we can evaluate draft talent at other positions better than we can at these. We haven't done a good job at the draft...period.
    Just a side note --- I think there is more to our run defense lacking that just the DT....We could use an athletic safety to come up on stop the run, and also if we have a better OLB there can be more pressure up in the middel.....Safety and OLB will help., and find some big guy to play DT in free agency...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The guy that Blackmon reminds me of is Chad Johnson (pre-Ochostinko days).

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The guy that Blackmon reminds me of is Chad Johnson (pre-Ochostinko days).
    That's a good comparison. Chad had elite speed. Hopefully Blackmon runs at the combine. If he runs a time 4.5 or less he is lock in top 5.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12