Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Country is offline Registered User

If the Rams pick a S

Would anyone be mad if the DTs are gone and the Rams drafted a S at 13?

I think that Reggie Nelson or Brandon Merriweather will be there and they may be the best player available.

I like Nelson and think that he would be a nice addition to the defense giving the Rams an impact player that they are missing right now.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

Re: If the Rams pick a S

If the DTs are gone then they should choose one of the many first-round DEs and hold out on safety unless Landry is still on the board.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Not Mattiweather. Nelson would be decent.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Meriweather is slipping to the second round, so IF we took a Safety I'd rather it be Reggie Nelson from Florida or Michael Griffin from Texas, although I'd not pick a Safety at #13 if Landry isn't there.
    RamsFan16

RamsNation is offline Registered User

merriweather is one of my favorite players in this draft, second only to landry in my opinion, but 13 is to early for him.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I don't think safety is an immediate need right now, Otogwe has been proving himself and Chavous is a proven veteran leader. I think our problems are in the trenches and our focus should be suring up our run D. When our run D is a step above non-existant, then we should look to improve our interior offensive line. The best safties and linebackers are useless if you don't have a runstop or pass rush. As of now, we have neither.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't think Meriweather has any chance of being one of the best players available @ 13. Nelson is intriguing but ultimately I have questions about his size and ability to support the run which is something we need in our secondary. If the DTs are gone, I'd prefer we look at defensive ends. In the strange event that all the worthwhile DTs and DEs are gone, well, then we'll have to talk.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

So safties have no impact on the running game?

That makes no sense to me. Safties have alot of impact on the running game. Let me give you a phrase you might of heard before...

8 in the box.... What do you think that means......

The Rams have a poor run stop defense so the solution is get a DT....

I hope you guys are right that is all the Rams need to fix the Run D.... However, my life experience and a little bit of playing experience tells me this may help, however, it's not the solution...

What this D needs is attitude, add a little more bad attitude, with a dash of determination(heart), playmakers, and last but not least TEAM WORK.....

So if this Safety is a playmaker then yes the RAMS can use him ASAP.....

GO RAMS

jjigga3000 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Meriweather is slipping to the second round, so IF we took a Safety I'd rather it be Reggie Nelson from Florida or Michael Griffin from Texas, although I'd not pick a Safety at #13 if Landry isn't there.
    Griffin would be a great pick up. I saw him play agianst USC in the Rose Bowl and he did a great job, against a great offense.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't think Meriweather has any chance of being one of the best players available @ 13. Nelson is intriguing but ultimately I have questions about his size and ability to support the run which is something we need in our secondary. If the DTs are gone, I'd prefer we look at defensive ends. In the strange event that all the worthwhile DTs and DEs are gone, well, then we'll have to talk.
    I'd really like to see us take a DT or DE with our first pick, but if Branch, Okoye, Carriker, Adams and Anderson are all gone by 13, would you still take a DE at 13? Would Jarvis Moss be a reach?

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

If all the dts, and des were gone at 13 I still wouldn't go with a safety. I would probably take a look at Willis if he was still available.

Dominator is offline Registered User

If all those guys were gone I'd have to look O or cb. With all those guys gone there is a good chance one of the top players dropped. Hell if Brady Quinn is there I'd take him.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

If a team is drafting to win the same year, that team is in trouble. If the Rams are drafting to improve the defense for the future, great. However, if the Rams are drafting defense to win now.....we're in trouble for 2007. 2008 may look promising, but 2007 is shot if the Rams are drafting to win this year.

Dominator is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Facing-The-Giant View Post
    Why??? He could not help our defense.
    Because value is value. I understand you don't want to go stictly BAP, but if somebody is way higher on your board you take them. If Calvin Johnson drops to 13 and there is no reason for it, except other teams drafting for need you jump on him ASAP. That's an extreme example that will never happen, but you get my idea. Obviously, you'd prefer to trade down than pick a qb, but if the value is that much greater I'd take him.
    Last edited by Dominator; -04-05-2007 at 06:37 PM.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

If, our defensive lineman are gone, and Landry is as well, we take Cornerback Aaron Ross from Texas. Because he's good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast