Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Varg6 is online now Registered User

Re: If the Rams stay at pick #1, there are really only 4 candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    And the obvious point is, the Jets are where they are because of the running game and the defense, not because Sanchez make defenses shake in their cleats.

What you have with the Rams and SJ is a 1-15 team, that has nothing close to the Jets defense. You can say a QB would make the diff, but it is also the defense. The diff between their QB and the Rams is smaller than the differences between the defenses. We are losing cause we have a dirth of talent. Suh is bonafide talent.

I'd rather the pieces be in place before you throw a young QB in the mix, ala Rothsberger.

Suh is more a sure thing to improve the defense than Claussen is a "franchise" QB. And even if the QBs just average, you still need to fix up the OL, overall team depth and the defense.

This argument isn't even close. Claussen or Bradford would need to blow the roof off of the combine and other workouts and garner marriage proposals from team personnel officials during interviews to come close.

Your point about Sanchez just doesn't hold water.
    I also would like to add that the Jets had the luxury of not only trading up but also picked a QB while losing draft picks because they already had an excellent offensive line, with a star RB and a stellar D. When we get to that point, I wouldn't mind doing the same exact thing but I think we all know we aren't at that point yet but we're getting there; Suh just takes us one step closer.

P.S. Ayn Rand! Whoo hoo! lol Atlas Shrugged is awesome Richbert.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The topic of this thread is ARE THERE MORE THAN 4 CANDIDATES FOR THE FIRST PICK?

Can we get back on point, please?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The topic of this thread is ARE THERE MORE THAN 4 CANDIDATES FOR THE FIRST PICK?

Can we get back on point, please?
    I cant see it.

Some people may say Eric Berry is up there. But with Atogwe at the Rams he really shouldnt be considered with the holes the team has at QB and DT

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

AV, with all the tape, accolades and so forth on Suh, combined with need, I really have a hard time seeing this list as four long, as I've been arguing. Berry, maybe. But the QBs aren't on my list, but that could change per post #11. I doubt it does.

After #1 and #2, not a whole lot to discuss. Kinda like posting a fantastic mock. #1, #2, nottin' more to say, but arguing as to why.
    Semper Fi!

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thomas
    Even though quarterback Jake Locker let it be known in December that he intended on returning to the University of Washington for the 2010 season, rumors have persisted that he might have a change of heart and turn pro early.

But the NFL has officially released its list of early entries into the NFL draft, and Lockerís name is not on the list. So he will be returning to school. The St. Louis Rams would have been very interested in Locker had he decided to enter the draft, in fact, he might have been on the top of their list.
    I just got a sick feeling in my stomach after reading that. Are we cursed? Did John Shaw sell his soul to the devil for Superbowl XXXIV? Gosh.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    I just got a sick feeling in my stomach after reading that. Are we cursed? Did John Shaw sell his soul to the devil for Superbowl XXXIV? Gosh.
    It's too late now for Locker, I'm pretty sure the deadline was a few days ago if I'm not mistaken...which leads me to this:

In my opinion if we stay at #1, unless coaches feel Bradford/Clausen are the real deal and are the future saviors of an organization, this list really just comes down to one man: Suh. I really doubt he'll have a bad outing at the combine/workouts. He's just a freak.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Right now in January, I'd have to agree.

And I say "right now in January", because every year, between January and April, prospects magically slide up and down the draft boards without playing a single meaningful down of football. Those are the ones that worry me.
    Agreed. Right now, I think you can put Av's list into the Final Four, but you never know what might happen between now and April.

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    I agree with the four, but the frontrunner is not at all clear.
    At this point, I think it is. Being a frontrunner doesn't mean he's guaranteed to be the pick, but I think more people are talking about Suh as a possible first overall pick than they have been talking about any of the other three combined. Thus, I think you'd have to classify him as the frontrunner.

Though I would agree with you that the Suh hype is getting a bit over the top. I think it's fine to recognize the guy as one of the best defensive prospects to come along in a while, but some of the more lofty praise is only setting fans up for disappointment when Suh doesn't consistently melt through opposing linemen on every play to make a glorious tackle for loss.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Though I would agree with you that the Suh hype is getting a bit over the top.
    I disagree, Nick.

Oh by the way, ESPN is reporting that when Suh does pushups he is actually pushing the earth away from himself.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I disagree, Nick.

Oh by the way, ESPN is reporting that when Suh does pushups he is actually pushing the earth away from himself.
    Now that's damned strong. No way we pass on this guy.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I disagree, Nick.

But what's that going to translate to in combine bench press reps? I'm sure tx is dying to know!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    But what's that going to translate to in combine bench press reps? I'm sure tx is dying to know!
    Between that and the snow-cone drill, tx should have all he needs to evaluate Suh.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I think Bradford and Claussen will both fall out of the Top 10, so no, there are not more than four candidates.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

poejoe8 is offline Registered User

No way is there a QB who is an overall #1 pick this year. I hope the Rams don't fall into the trap that just because they have the #1 pick, they need to take a QB. We need help virtually across the board. I hope we pick the best player available this year.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BM_Face View Post
    I think Bradford and Claussen will both fall out of the Top 10, so no, there are not more than four candidates.

I really dont see both of them falling out the top 10, especially when teams in the top 10 that could use an addition at QB include:

St Louis
    Washington
    Seattle
    Cleveland
    Oakland
    Buffalo
    Jacksonville

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

If they stay with the #1 pick there is only one candidate. When people talk about the best DT to come out in decades....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast