Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: If the Rams used a 3rd or 4th round pick on a WR?

Rambos is offline Registered User

If the Rams used a 3rd or 4th round pick on a WR?

If the Rams used a 3rd or 4th round pick on a WR in this draft, who would not make the roster?

Chris Givens
    Stedman Bailey
    Brian Quick
    Austin Pettis
    Tavon Austin
    Kenny Britt

I would think six will be the max we will carry and we have six now. I can't see the Rams using a 3rd or 4th rounder in this deep draft to take a WR that can't make the roster. So who's out?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: If the Rams used a 3rd or 4th round pick on a WR?

I'd say Britt.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

turbofargo is offline Registered User

I would think it is between Quick and Britt. It will come down to training camp. Will Quick finally make good on his draft selection and be the player we hope he is, if so I would say bye Britt.

Britt has a lot to prove himself. He has had issues off the field, has not lit it up by any means, and had a poor showing last year. If he doesn't turn it on and Quick makes good on his promise he will be cut. As far as the others:

Givens is too much of a good deep threat and I hear he is working hard to be a better WR. Don't see him going.
    Pettis is a good possession receiver and is a middle of the road under the radar kind of guy.
    Obviously Austin is safe
    Bailey showed some great hand and really came on late.

So it would have to be Britt or Quick.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Britt or Pettis.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'd say Britt.
    your crazy...Quick Bailey and Givens are the bottom 3....Since Bailey is young with potential, he would be kept this season.

Givens or Quick would be gone....If the WR is burner type, then Givens out....If WR is bigger type, then Quick would be gone..

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    your crazy...Quick Bailey and Givens are the bottom 3....Since Bailey is young with potential, he would be kept this season.

Givens or Quick would be gone....If the WR is burner type, then Givens out....If WR is bigger type, then Quick would be gone..
    Not sure how I would feel if the Rams used a 3rd or 4th round pick to replace a top of the second round pick in his third year. Do you have someone in mind?

Givens is another tough call for me but his stock has dropped for sure, that said he has to continue to play poorly to be cut.

Bailey played the best of all the receivers last year IMO. He did a lot with what little time he was given. Look at his social media tweeter ect. Looks like he's putting in the work and ready to pick up where he left off.

Britt does have a big question mark but that does not mean he won't be good from day one.

Av thought makes a lot of sense, if Britt looks really good he could replace Pettis. Pettis always looks great in Camp though and Bradford is really comfortable with him, especially in the redzone.
    Last edited by Rambos; -05-06-2014 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post

The guy has done absolutely nothing on this team after being off the game day roster for 3 of the last 4 games last season, yet he's already (in your mind) vaulted ahead of Quick, Bailey, and Givens.

But......I'm crazy. Yea, sure.
    FestusRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Crazy is as crazy does.

(Britt may not make it past TJ Moe.)

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Givens or Quick. I wouldn't mind giving Quick another year nor Givens but he's realllllly starting to piss me off. Absolutely laughable that people suggested he could be a #1 WR last year.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Givens or Quick. I wouldn't mind giving Quick another year nor Givens but he's realllllly starting to piss me off. Absolutely laughable that people suggested he could be a #1 WR last year.
    Not sure why he would be pissing you off when you didn't think he was ever that good in the first place. I was one of those that thought after his rookie setting year with 5 games over 50 yards and 42 catches for 698 yards and 3 touchdowns, leading all Rams receivers in receiving yards. I do recall you making a case for Wallace when his starting QB went down and his numbers dropped off a cliff. Now lets not forget Sam missed a lot of games. Givens was however struggling before he went down but he had no hope once Sam went out.

Lets see what the Rams front office thinks, do they draft Watkins or Evans?
    Last edited by Rambos; -05-06-2014 at 05:35 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Not sure why he would be pissing you off when you didn't think he was ever that good in the first place. I was one of those that thought after his rookie setting year with 5 games over 50 yards and 42 catches for 698 yards and 3 touchdowns, leading all Rams receivers in receiving yards. I do recall you making a case for Wallace when his starting QB went down and his numbers dropped off a cliff. Now lets not forget Sam missed a lot of games. Givens was however struggling before he went down but he had no hope once Sam went out.

Lets see what the Rams front office thinks, do they draft Watkins or Evans?
    Because nothing makes me more angry than WR's who can't catch footballs, and unfortunately for me and the Rams, we've had plenty of them. I thought he could develop but his regression after this year has me questioning if he should even be on the team.

THE DREAM TEAM

LongBlood is offline Registered User

Simple. Givens. Britt has done it in the league. Quick showed a flash as red zone threat. Austin ain't going nowhere, Bailey has potential to be a #2. Pettis can catch the ball. Givens deep threat yes...can he catch the ball when he is open though, NOOOOOPE. See-ya.

Quote Originally Posted by LongBlood View Post
    Simple. Givens. Britt has done it in the league. Quick showed a flash as red zone threat. Austin ain't going nowhere, Bailey has potential to be a #2. Pettis can catch the ball. Givens deep threat yes...can he catch the ball when he is open though, NOOOOOPE. See-ya.
    Chris Givens - 76 receptions, 1,267 yards.......his stats over the past 2 years

Kenny Britt - 73 receptions, 974 yards......his stats over the past 3 years

Does anyone feel Isaiah Pead is an option for our #1 WR? Because Britt's 2013 produced the same number of catches as Pead and only 18 more receiving yards than Pead. He sat on the market forever for a reason. If not for Fisher throwing him a bone, he'd still be there. I'm really hoping people aren't putting their faith in this guy.
    Last edited by HUbison; -05-07-2014 at 02:06 PM.

LongBlood is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Chris Givens - 76 receptions, 1,267 yards.......his stats over the past 2 years

Kenny Britt - 73 receptions, 974 yards......his stats over the past 3 years
    *yawn* you really oughtta look at % of targets to receptions, and compare the two when they are healthy. But if you want to trust Givens...talk about dropping the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by LongBlood View Post
    *yawn* you really oughtta look at % of targets to receptions, and compare the two when they are healthy. But if you want to trust Givens...talk about dropping the ball.
    That's cute. Well, go ahead. Make your comparison. The one that shows how Britt has been more productive than Givens over the past two seasons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast