Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: If the Rams want to make another move, the perfect trade partner is...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If the Rams want to make another move, the perfect trade partner is...

The Cincinnati Bengals.

I would think that the Bengals would be very interested in Trent Richardson as an improvement over Cedric Benson.

Here's the the trade that could work:

Rams send their first (#6) and fourth (#97) round picks to the Bengals for Cincinnati's two first round selections (#17, #21).

The Trade Value Chart pretty much approves (Rams' side: 1,712 points; Bengals' side 1,750 points).

This would, of course, have to be a draft day trade. However, if the Browns take Blackmon and the Bucs then take Claiborne, this trade could make a lot of sense for both teams.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: If the Rams want to make another move, the perfect trade partner is...

I would be absolutely beside myself if the Rams were able to pull this off, though I believe it is very highly unlikely.

That could posibbly put us in position to draft Michael Floyd at 17, and the best DT or OL left on the board at 21.

Maybe, if we caught'em in a moment of weakness.

Honestly though, I think the Bengals would have far too many other options than to do this deal.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Wow that is so crazy!! I was just thinking this very same thing from reading the Bengals ARE NOT going to resign Cedric Benson and just read this thread! Guess you had this pondering going on about 6 hours ago! lol

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=AvengerRam;419223]

Rams send their first (#6) and fourth (#97) round picks to the Bengals for Cincinnati's two first round selections (#17, #21).

The Trade Value Chart pretty much approves (Rams' side: 1,712 points; Bengals' side 1,750 points). /QUOTE]

And give up Blackmon, Claiborne or Richardson.... You would have to be nuts... The hell with the chart you can't lose with any of these picks....

[QUOTE=jerseyramsfan;419289]
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

The Trade Value Chart pretty much approves (Rams' side: 1,712 points; Bengals' side 1,750 points). /QUOTE]

And give up Blackmon, Claiborne or Richardson.... You would have to be nuts... The hell with the chart you can't lose with any of these picks....
    No one players is EVER the end all be all, we have to think of value since we have more holes than Battleship Row at Pearl Harbor!!!

Altho I'd be open to Trade up and Pick up Blackmon! lol
    Did I just contradict myself?

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

I'm not sure I'd want us to trade back that far, but if the Rams think they can get 2 good players there, its a good possibility.

National Football Authority
    After speaking to a team executive on Monday, National Football Authority senior writer Bear Heiser has learned the Bengals are eager to move up in the first round to secure themselves the top running back in this draft class—Alabama Crimson Tide's Trent Richardson.
    Last edited by md8; -03-12-2012 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by md8 View Post
    I'm not sure I'd want us to trade back that far, but if the Rams think they can get 2 good players there, its a good possibility.
    I wonder what pick would secure Richardson for em... hmmmm?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

This would be a great move for the Rams, and while I do believe the Bengals are interested in Richardson, I doubt they (1) want to go all the way to sixth overall and (2) want to give up both first round picks to do it. If I were a Bengals fan, I probably wouldn't like the idea that much.

It's a similar situation as the Browns. Many identified them as the "perfect trade partner" for the Rams' #2 pick, but they were hesitant up until the very end to part with two first round picks for this year. And that was at the idea of acquiring a franchise QB, which is significantly more important than a RB.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    This would be a great move for the Rams, and while I do believe the Bengals are interested in Richardson, I doubt they (1) want to go all the way to sixth overall and (2) want to give up both first round picks to do it. If I were a Bengals fan, I probably wouldn't like the idea that much.

It's a similar situation as the Browns. Many identified them as the "perfect trade partner" for the Rams' #2 pick, but they were hesitant up until the very end to part with two first round picks for this year. And that was at the idea of acquiring a franchise QB, which is significantly more important than a RB.
    Yes, but in the end, they apparently were willing to give up both first rounders. The reason the Redskins won out is they offered 3 first round picks, which the Browns reportedly were not willing to match.

I have no idea whether this trade is likely to happen. However, if the Bengals truly want TRich, they might not have another choice.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Yes, but in the end, they apparently were willing to give up both first rounders.
    For a franchise QB, yes, they ultimately came around. The question becomes does another team make a similar deal (two first round picks) for a running back. As much as I'd like it, my head says they don't, even though as you point out, they may not have a choice if they want this one in particular.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

If you are the Bengals and if you trust Andy Dalton is your franchise QB, they really could use that dominant runner. People used to say you need the trio (RB, QB, WR) and they have two of those.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    If you are the Bengals and if you trust Andy Dalton is your franchise QB, they really could use that dominant runner. People used to say you need the trio (RB, QB, WR) and they have two of those.
    This is exactly true. Imagine how good the Bengals would be with TRICH? Young, very talented, trio on offense.

THE DREAM TEAM

punahou is offline Registered User

This is the exact senario I was thinking IF Balckmon isnt there at 6.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    For a franchise QB, yes, they ultimately came around. The question becomes does another team make a similar deal (two first round picks) for a running back. As much as I'd like it, my head says they don't, even though as you point out, they may not have a choice if they want this one in particular.
    I agree with this however if the Bengals feel like this is the one piece on offense they need to get to the elite level I could see it happening. We're going to need a bigger boat for all these draft picks!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Another thing to consider, people mention the Rams needing Richardson also for the future but look one spot below us. Jacksonville. They have MJD but he's pretty obviously past his prime and could they be interested in getting the stud RB. The problem is the next team is the Seahawks at #12. If you are the Bengals you might risk it and try trading with someone a little lower.

BUT as Jim Thomas says, Richardson is a top 6 pick so if you want that stud, someone like the Bengals might be willing to move up and spend what it takes to get him. We'll see.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -03-12-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast