Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: If the Rams want to make another move, the perfect trade partner is...

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: If the Rams want to make another move, the perfect trade partner is...

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I agree with this however if the Bengals feel like this is the one piece on offense they need to get to the elite level I could see it happening.
    But it's not. The Bengals need a starting tailback, but they could also use help on the offensive line, they could use more help at receiver to go with Green, and then there are defensive needs that need to be addressed as well.

If I'm the Bengals, I'd prefer bringing in free agent running back Michael Bush to reunite him with former Raiders coach Hue Jackson (who is now an assistant in Cincy) rather than trade two first round picks to draft a runner sixth overall.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Another thing to consider, people mention the Rams needing Richardson also for the future but look one spot below us. Jacksonville. They have MJD but he's pretty obviously past his prime and could they be interested in getting the stud RB. The problem is the next team is the Seahawks at #12. If you are the Bengals you might risk it and try trading with someone a little lower.
    I suspect the Bengals would be more willing to consider this option - make a play for someone in free agency, and then see what happens on draft day. If Richardson gets beyond St. Louis, there isn't really a team that would be a danger to taking him until Kansas City @ 11. The cost of trading up to ten or eleven will be much better than trading to six, and may not cost both first rounders.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I suspect the Bengals would be more willing to consider this option - make a play for someone in free agency, and then see what happens on draft day. If Richardson gets beyond St. Louis, there isn't really a team that would be a danger to taking him until Kansas City @ 11. The cost of trading up to ten or eleven will be much better than trading to six, and may not cost both first rounders.
    I'm doubtful even KC is interested. Jamal Charles is a premier RB. I do agree with you, I'm doubtful the Bengals move up for him to St. Louis. You never know though when a team will freak out, see a need and feel like they have to make a move. Fans do it all the time. If Miami doesn't get Manning, they are the type of team that could do just about anything. That new owner is a little desperate after losing Fisher.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I'm doubtful even KC is interested. Jamal Charles is a premier RB. I do agree with you, I'm doubtful the Bengals move up for him to St. Louis. You never know though when a team will freak out, see a need and feel like they have to make a move. Fans do it all the time. If Miami doesn't get Manning, they are the type of team that could do just about anything. That new owner is a little desperate after losing Fisher.
    Good points.

One thing that I think could keep Cincinnati grounded in reality is their need at offensive guard, and the possibility that they could have their choice of players between David DeCastro and Cordy Glenn when their pick rolls around in the first.

How aggressive the Bengals pursue a free agent running back over the next couple of days/weeks should give us an indication as to their mindset. As I said before, I think Michael Bush makes a lot of sense for them, would allow them to use their first round picks to shore up the OL and CB positions where value in the teens and early twenties should be high, and then maybe they could add someone like Lamar Miller or Isaiah Pead on the second day of the draft.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

If I was trading with the Bengals I would rather trade for pick 17, a second rounder, and a first next year like the Falcons did.
    1) The talent of prospects past 15 isn't that great and isn't much different than round 2
    2) Next years draft looks a lot better in terms of top end talent and having another first round pick would be beneficial, either in picking 3 great players or using 2 to trade up for a coveted prospect
    3) The Rams scouting department is still scouting based on Devaney's methods (to find Spags type players for his system). Not only will the scouts change, but so will the way the scouts look at players.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I think the Eagles will be the trade down partner if WR Blackmon or CB Claiborne is gone. The Eagles have the 15th pick in round 1.
    Round 2: 14th and 19th picks
    Round 3: 13th pick
    Round 4: 4th and 19th
    Round 5: 18th
    Round 6: 17th, 25th and 31st
    Round 7: None

I would like both of there second round picks.

I wouln't mind dropping nine spots and pick up Rd 2, 14th, RD 4, 4th and rd 6, 17th pick. A 2013 draft pick maybe a #1 or #2 pick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12