CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

If the Texans are shopping what if

The Rams offer them a lineman, Jackson, and the 12th pick for a chance at Bush.

I know this does not address some of the D side needs but I just have a feeling that Bush will be the next M. Faulk and we could easily build another championship run with a quality back like that.

Just my 2 cents

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: If the Texans are shopping what if

I'd love it for the Rams, but somehow, I think the Texans would hang the phone up before Shaw could finish the sentence.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

No thanks.

Jackson, Terrell and the 12th pick maybe hard for them to say no. Jackson gives them a good power runner to combine with Davis who is a good 3rd and special teams player. Terrell will help them with their line and Igonito should be ready for training camp. Lastly, they could get another quality Lineman at the 12th spot????

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS
    Jackson, Terrell and the 12th pick maybe hard for them to say no. Jackson gives them a good power runner to combine with Davis who is a good 3rd and special teams player. Terrell will help them with their line and Igonito should be ready for training camp. Lastly, they could get another quality Lineman at the 12th spot????
    I'll take your word for it. But if I'm the Texans, I'm holding out for a better offer than that.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

chiguy is offline Registered User

At a minimum, it would be Barron or Pace and the 12th. If they trade out, they won't need a running back with Dominick Davis already signed on. I don't see why the Rams would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS
    I think it would be pretty easy for them to pass up. The Texans really don't have a huge need at RB. The only reason they'd take Bush first overall is because of how talented a player he is. Offering them Jackson doesn't make much sense, nor does Jackson and Terrell and the 11th pick combine to move all the way up. Rams shouldn't make the deal, Texans wouldn't accept it.

Dominque Davis is a 3rd down back and a solid special teams player. He is very injury prone when he gets the bulk of the load. Maybe the Texans do not have an interest in Jackson but I am sure they have an interest in the RB position (just think about Denver).

Young talented Lineman is exactly what the Texas need more than anything. Pace or Barron is too much to pay when your giving up Jackson.

If I have to pay more than this years 1st round, Jackson who was a 1st round pick, and Terrell a late round pick. I agree maybe the Texans will need a little more but to give up 3 1st round picks for this years no way (jackson, Pace, and this years 1st round)

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

No thanks. We don't need Reggie Bush anyways.
    RamsFan16

rampete is offline Registered User

texans won't trade down out of the top 5 or 6...

i think they covet ferguson OT and he'll most likely be gone by #5...

Varg6 is offline Registered User

no offense, but it sounds like a jackassy idea. I think its stupid no way in hell it would ever happen anyway, but I doubt he'll be the next Faulk just because of speed, we need to have the O-line block for him to get outside and whatnot anyway, and its a lot harder in NFL than it is in college, Bush will choke with the texans, lets just pray for Davis, not friggen bush wow

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I don't think Texans will trade down at all. I think they'll stay and pick VY or DF
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I don't think Texans will trade down at all. I think they'll stay and pick VY or DF
    But IF the Texans are wanting Young or Brick, either could be had with the 3 or 4 pick. If the Titans or Jets were willing to trade up, wouldn't the Texans be better off with their man at 3 or 4 AND extra picks, rather than Young or Brick with the #1 pick?

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    But IF the Texans are wanting Young or Brick, either could be had with the 3 or 4 pick. If the Titans or Jets were willing to trade up, wouldn't the Texans be better off with their man at 3 or 4 AND extra picks, rather than Young or Brick with the #1 pick?
    Not to mention the smaller contract that would be commanded at the 3 or 4 spot than first overall.