DistantRam Guest

If we draft Clausen....

How many people on this site are going to say that it's simply due to Bradford's agents demanding too much money?

While Sam Bradford is almost certainly still our number one target, Kevin Demoff stated on Sunday that preliminary talks have been held with all of the four top prospects, as well as Okung and Berry. Given that we really need a quarterback, will any decision to select Clausen at number one (assuming that no trades are made) be attributed by the pro-Bradford majority to his over-rapacious representatives? Will Clausen be regarded as the "cheap" alternative?

Ventesette is offline Registered User

Re: If we draft Clausen....

Sounds more like they are preparing in the event of a trade down. I'm not sure if this is saying the top four prospects plus Berry and Okung or the top four are Bradford, Claussen, Berry and Okung? I'd lean towards the former (top 6), though I'd expect them to speak with the top 7 because the Browns are a likely trade target.

thickandthin Guest

I'm still not sure that the Browns want to trade up to get Bradford, Holmgren said no qb in the 1st, they probly just want someone that they think will be gone by 7.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DistantRam View Post
    How many people on this site are going to say that it's simply due to Bradford's agents demanding too much money?

While Sam Bradford is almost certainly still our number one target, Kevin Demoff stated on Sunday that preliminary talks have been held with all of the four top prospects, as well as Okung and Berry. Given that we really need a quarterback, will any decision to select Clausen at number one (assuming that no trades are made) be attributed by the pro-Bradford majority to his over-rapacious representatives? Will Clausen be regarded as the "cheap" alternative?

If we draft him number 1 overall, I don't think he will be seen as a cheap alternative. He'd still be commanding number 1 pick, quarterback money. If we trade down, he's still going to be a top 10 quarterback, and might flex a little muscle like Matt Ryan did a couple of years ago.