Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

If we Draft Greenway we HAVE TO GET HODGE

If we draft Chad Greenway we must/have to get HOdge. Do you guys see how well they work together in college. Both of them are around the ball every play and double teaming and sandwitching Backs and Ends and Recievers. SO IMO if we get Greenway we must get Hodge. What do you guys think?

RamsFan16

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Re: If we Draft Greenway we HAVE TO GET HODGE

Or we could just get Ryans and then get Freddie Roach. Either one is fine with me.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

If Ryans is gone go with Hodge. Do you know how great of chemistery they have together? They make that D what it is. THey are the Iowa Hawkeyes Defense!
    RamsFan16

Ryans will be gone in the first round. Roach will be gone somewhere in the later rounds. Ryans is an OLB that many rate higher than Greenway because of his gamespeed and his ability to be around the ball on every play. Roach is a monster MLB who is key to the Alabama run defense. He was hampered by an injured arm, but was the reason why only two teams went over 100 yards rushing against Alabama in a league that is built on strong defenses and a powerful running game.

No he won't he has instincts thats all he has against greenway, greenway has size and atheleticisism and is the best tackler in the Big 10 outside of Hawk. And no way is Roach better than Hodge. HOdge is pry the 4th Best LB in the Natin behind Ryans, Hawk, and Greenway
    RamsFan16

I never said that Roach was better than Hodge. Ryans wont wow anyone with his 40 time or anything of that nature, but the way he plays on the field is unrivaled. He is a sideline to sideline player who is the best tackler in the SEC. Ryans is rated above Greenways because Greenway takes plays off and sometimes overpursues. Ryans does not do this.I'd be happy with either one though

Your so full of Ryans... His 40 won't aw anyone but he is a sideline2sideline player. You have to be fast in order to do that. And I have never seen Greenway over pursue anyone and he doesn't take Playoffs off are you crazy?
    RamsFan16

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

I wouldn't mind seeing Greenway, Hodge or Abdul, honestly. How's that for a pro-Iowa post?

Hodge is Abdul. Abdul Hodge!
    RamsFan16

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

Ah ha, so you THINK. They actually split his DNA in half. He is, in actuality a clone.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

It would be far more likely to be able to get DeMeco Ryans and Freddie Roach than Chad Greenway and Abdul Hodge. Getting Greenway/Hodge would require spending our first two picks on LBs, which is pretty unlikely. Also, Hodge would have to be available at 40th overall for us to select him in the second round, or else we'd have to trade up, which is even more unlikely.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

steviej is offline Registered User

I think we should het Hodge and greenway, then we would have a pretty good D
    :clanram: Let's Go Rams!! We will trample you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steviej
    I think we should het Hodge and greenway, then we would have a pretty good D
    Agreed. Why not trade up someone was talking about trading down? It wouldn't be that hard to trade up to get both of them. Then our LBs next year would be Greenway Hodge/Claiborne Pisa
    RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Agreed. Why not trade up someone was talking about trading down? It wouldn't be that hard to trade up to get both of them. Then our LBs next year would be Greenway Hodge/Claiborne Pisa
    One, first we have to assume that taking Greenway @ 8th overall is good value. Right now, I'm not sure it is. I see Greenway as more of a 10-18 guy, with DeMeco Ryans right there as well. That may change come April, but I don't see Greenway as a guy you use the 8th overall pick on.

Two, either Hodge falls to us in the second round, which might happen, or we sacrifice at least one additional pick which could be used to address another position of need to trade up and grab ANOTHER linebacker. I could see trading up to grab a stud player at another position, but if we spend our original first on a linebacker, I really think it would be a poor move to trade up and grab another.

So I guess I just don't see the logic. Maybe if we were talking about a QB and his star college WR where they have timing and a rapport already established, but that's really not that big of a factor at linebacker, I wouldn't think. You like your guys to gel, but it doesn't have to be to the point of sacrificing help at other positions or value when you pick to grab two guys who played together in college.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Your so full of Ryans... His 40 won't aw anyone but he is a sideline2sideline player. You have to be fast in order to do that. And I have never seen Greenway over pursue anyone and he doesn't take Playoffs off are you crazy?
    I've seen Ryans play in every single game since he arrived at Alabama as a 3 star recruit. So, yeah I would love to see this guy drafted by the Rams.

Do you really believe that a 40 time says how fats a player is? If it does, I need to see the film of LBs getting in track stances and then running full speed straight ahead without having to shed any blocks. Also, without wearing pads or anything to hinder their overall speed. I dont like the 40. I dont even pay attention to it unless it's a WR.

Ryans is probably right up there with Hawk in terms of shedding blocks. He does not get held up and he is around the ball on every play. Many teams actually began focusing their tackles on Ryans. it was amazing seeing Ryans get hit by a TE, shed that block. Then get hit by a RT, shed that block. Then get chipped by a RB, and still pound the QB. Ryans always knows where the football is.

Roach is a guy that I like that can be picked up later in the draft. I'd say somewhere in the 4th or 5th round. He's great in run support and decent in coverage. Although you wont hear much about him, he was a force in the middle for Alabama. I dont believe he is great. I believe he can be a solid starter who is a star when it comes to stopping the run. This is what the Rams need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast