Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

If we draft a QB.

How long do you guys think it will take for him to contribute? Will he spend a year or more on the sidelines?

At this point I wouldnt go near the Bradford guy and his shoulder because in our offense you WILL get sacked, and reinjury of that shoulder would be, well we all know.

The Claussen guy it seems most are split on.

Suh ofcourse would start right away, but would he be a Long case? yaknow 2-3 years before he starts to be the guy we drafted. I like Long, his dad was a monster back when I was a raiders fan.

Point is, even if we draft a QB, whos gonna be our QB NEXT year?

I hope we get Suh and get a QB in FA, at least that way we see what we pay for this year.

But I guess we'll see

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: If we draft a QB.

Jimmy Clausen ran a Pro-Style Offense which is actually the West Coast Offense at Notre Dame. Charlie Weis was a very successful NFL OC, so the terms will be something he'll have to learn, but he'll be highly educated in it. He could play very soon.
    RamsFan16

sdobbers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dave626 View Post
    I hope we get Suh and get a QB in FA, at least that way we see what we pay for this year.
    Suh isn't a guaranteed starter...no one has seen how he stacks up against NFL lineman. Yes, there is a very good possibility he could start day 1, but no its not a given like everyone seems to think.

(Yes I am a Suh supporter...I just think people need to tone it down a notch, the man isn't a God like some people believe...he hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet).

Just for curiosities sake, does anyone know the size of the lineman Suh faced for each team? And how many sacks, TFL, etc. he got during each of those games?

Blog Entries

Well hes not freakin Suhperman, but if we draft a DT 1rst OA, HE WILL START day 1 or we will be even more of a laughing stock in the NFL. If that possible

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Well hes not freakin Suhperman, but if we draft a DT 1rst OA, HE WILL START day 1 or we will be even more of a laughing stock in the NFL. If that possible
    Is that so?
    RamsFan16

He will start day 1, IF he proves himself in the NFL Preseason. He doesn't just get a free ride because he's Ndamukong Suh. Who knows...he might get injured; might be too small to take on the NFL lineman at the start of the season so he may need to bulk up more; maybe his technique doesn't translate into the NFL; etc. There are tons of things that could potentially keep him from starting. Is he likely to start? From what we've seen from his college career, yes. But he still needs to prove he has what it takes to play in the NFL.

All I'm trying to do is bring some rationality back. Let him prove himself in the NFL first, then you can start calling him the second coming of Reggie White, God, whatever. (I'm not trying to single any one person out, I'm just saying in general people are putting Suh on way to big of a pedestal and he hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet.)

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Superman does appear to be in this draft but I believe they are calling him KONG...

Blog Entries

OK WTFever, Long started, Carriker started, yeah he has to prove himself but that goes without saying, he cant leave crap stains all over the field by draggin his arse.

Now back to the QB, was Brady Quin in the same style offense that Claussen is coming from? And YEAH I know they are not the same person so results may vary, I was just wondering if CW coached them both.

Also does anyone know what the attitude questions are with Claussen or a link so I can read about it ?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

IMO, Suh should be a starter from Day One. I am confident that he will earn a starting spot very quickly. I mean, who is he competing with? An injury prone Carriker? A good, but not solid Clifton Ryan? Journeymen Douzable, Ramsey, Gibson? A still developing Scott?

If Suh does not start by week 2, I will have questions.

The Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Jimmy Clausen ran a Pro-Style Offense which is actually the West Coast Offense at Notre Dame. Charlie Weis was a very successful NFL OC, so the terms will be something he'll have to learn, but he'll be highly educated in it. He could play very soon.
    People said that about Brady Quinn. Personally, I'd like to take Dan LeFevour and have him sit out for a year under Bulger if the Rams would like to retain him or have him start right away like Joe Flacco did out of Delaware.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I agree with The Rammer, thats a really good idea. Fill in key holes with the first 2 picks preferably Suh, and Sean Weatherspoon, than in the third Dan LeFevour and if for some reason he wasn't there it could be Tony Pike, or Sean Canfield(all similar type of play).

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Narrow it down like this:

1) Whoever our Qb is, he will have to start when Bulger gets hurt (not a matter of IF he will, it's WHEN). Null is the third string, he wont be cut.

2) Suh is a lock for the #1 overall. So this player has to be picked in the 2nd or 3rd, if drafted at all.

Who is "Player X"?

Blog Entries

I hope we take Suh and get a FA QB, cuz year 3 is comin and the Spags love is gonna dry up quick if we pick again in the top 5 next year. If that happens the expectations will be too high to achieve come year 3 and then a NEW coach comes in and it all starts over. They should have taken one last year if they were going to let him sit a year IMO.
    Last edited by dave626; -01-21-2010 at 12:10 AM.

I hope we take Suh and get a FA QB, cuz year 3 is comin and the Spags love is gonna dry up quick if we pick again in the top 5 next year. If that happens the expectations will be too high to achieve come year 3 and then a NEW coach comes in and it all starts over. They should have taken one last year if they were going to let him sit a year IMO.
    I agree that patience will be running thin if we end up picking the Top 5 next year. I keep hearing everyone talking about how we'll be in the Top 5 next season and we can just take Jake Locker. Sorry guys, but Spags has absolutely no plans to pick in the Top 5 next year. He knows there's a tough road ahead, but you better believe that he has every intention of NOT picking in the top 5/10 next season. He's not counting on Jake Locker being at where they are picking next year.

Not only that...teams DO NOT plan this draft around next years draft. They're not going to be like, oh hey there's so and so next year so we'll just wait and pick them up!!! Because...

1) They have no idea where they will be picking next year.
    2) How that person's stock is going to look...maybe they suck next year, get injured, etc.
    3) Maybe someone steps up and they don't need that position anymore.

The possibilities are endless. I think it is very safe to assume that Spags is NOT counting on drafting Jake Locker next year.

PS. I have no clue why everyone thinks we are going to find our starting QB in rounds 2 and later. QB's in round 2 have ~75% bust rate, and it gets worse from there. Yes, a few gems sneak through, however they are very very rare. The reason the bust rates are so high in the later rounds is...usually if they have the potential to be a franchise QB, teams will take them in the 1st because they are vital to the team.

Three main keys to success (in order of importance):
    1) Get a franchise QB.
    2) Protect the franchise QB.
    3) Put pressure on the opponents QB.

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    2) Suh is a lock for the #1 overall.
    *Bangs head* No, no one is a lock for #1 overall until that card is handed in. Right now Suh has a very good possibility of being #1 overall, however, a lot can change between now and the draft. A QB may rate out as a franchise QB, or maybe Gerald McCoy has an amazing combine and rates out higher. Who knows. All I'm saying is, let's wait until that card is handed in before we start declaring someone a lock for #1 please.
    Last edited by sdobbers; -01-21-2010 at 01:22 AM.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sdobbers View Post
    I agree that patience will be running thin if we end up picking the Top 5 next year. I keep hearing everyone talking about how we'll be in the Top 5 next season and we can just take Jake Locker. Sorry guys, but Spags has absolutely no plans to pick in the Top 5 next year. He knows there's a tough road ahead, but you better believe that he has every intention of NOT picking in the top 5/10 next season. He's not counting on Jake Locker being at where they are picking next year.

Not only that...teams DO NOT plan this draft around next years draft. They're not going to be like, oh hey there's so and so next year so we'll just wait and pick them up!!! Because...

1) They have no idea where they will be picking next year.
    2) How that person's stock is going to look...maybe they suck next year, get injured, etc.
    3) Maybe someone steps up and they don't need that position anymore.

The possibilities are endless. I think it is very safe to assume that Spags is NOT counting on drafting Jake Locker next year.

PS. I have no clue why everyone thinks we are going to find our starting QB in rounds 2 and later. QB's in round 2 have ~75% bust rate, and it gets worse from there. Yes, a few gems sneak through, however they are very very rare. The reason the bust rates are so high in the later rounds is...usually if they have the potential to be a franchise QB, teams will take them in the 1st because they are vital to the team.

Three main keys to success (in order of importance):
    1) Get a franchise QB.
    2) Protect the franchise QB.
    3) Put pressure on the opponents QB.

*Bangs head* No, no one is a lock for #1 overall until that card is handed in. Right now Suh has a very good possibility of being #1 overall, however, a lot can change between now and the draft. A QB may rate out as a franchise QB, or maybe Gerald McCoy has an amazing combine and rates out higher. Who knows. All I'm saying is, let's wait until that card is handed in before we start declaring someone a lock for #1 please.
    You won't budge the Suh mania around here. The mantra is "draft the best available" not "draft your biggest need."

Its a tough call, drafting Su probably has a higher probability (at this point) of working out for us, but we are at the same time neglecting the most important position in the NFL, the QB. And as I have pointed out earlier, 50% of our 1st round draft picks in the last 10 years have been defensive linemen, and we still find it hard to get a whiff of the opponents QB. If we do pick Su, a good part of our cap money (if there is one) will be tied up in the DL.

I think that as long we have a question mark at QB, we will be a bad team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast