NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

If we Draft a Quarterback...

...And I think it's fairly obvious we must, who do we take? I gotta' tell ya, I have reservations about all of the top three guys on most peoples' draft board- Bradford, McCoy and Claussen.

With Bradford, of course, it's his shoulder. He's injured himself twice this season and this doesn't bode well for the rest of his senior year and who knows down the road. McCoy, quite frankly hasn't played particularly well thus far- and most analysts would agree. As for Claussen, he's probably playing as well as anyone in the country, but he is green and doesn't have much of a track record.

All of these guys could become good pros, but are they right for the Rams? If so, which one would you want?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: If we Draft a Quarterback...

Again i would rather not put a rookie qb at the helm. I would rather try to make a move to get kevin kolb. But if we take a qb in the draft i would like to go after clausen. I saw the ND game today and he seemed to make good throws except for that last throw in th redzone.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Bradford is injured again, which probably hurts his stock. McCoy did not play well today in the Red River Shootout, though he was supposedly "sick".

If I had to choose, I would pick either Clausen or Bradford. I love Bradford's accuracy, patience and reads.

But Clausen is a beast. They would both be good for our team. McCoy, not so much.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Why would Bradford, McCoy or Claussen want to play for the Rams? Sure the Rams could Draft them but if I was either of these QBs my asking price would be such that keeping Bulger would make more sense. Right now the Rams O-line can't consistantly protect a QB and why want a shortned career?

Granted in terms of salary cap Bulgers $66mil will be an issue, but while the Rams can--use their good picks for Linemen. Doen't matter who you have taking snaps behind Center if he can't stay on his feet long enough to throw a ball.

But if the Rams have to get a QB--Get Claussen--he might survive a bit longer

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

Tony Pike!!!!!