Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: If we get the first pick int he draft???

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

If we get the first pick int he draft???

If we get the first pick in the draft and colts get the 2nd what do you honestly think (not hope) we would get if we traded the pick.Im not talking about trading Sam drafting luck or any of that im simply wondering what you guys think the price is at for the 1st overall pick.It would basically be the rights to get Luck for any1 interested,i think we should trade it to the highest bidder.As much as i want Justin Blackmon lets not kid ourselves we are more than 1 player away from being a legitimate team.Yea we can add Justin and we could go 6-10/8-8 or whatever but im talking about 10+ wins thats what i wanna build for.We need depth,we need a quantity of players not just 1 WR to make this team good again.I have heard so many rumors on the value of the 1st pick from 2 1st rounders all the way to 6 LOL (saw an article on PFT)I think 6 is insane and unrealistic but i honestly think we could get 3 1's easy and possible 4 1's with a 2nd or or 2.With the new CBA the first overall pick is more valuable because you wont be stuck ball and chain with a 1st overall pick like previous years because the contract is nowhere near as large.So i think now is the time if any1 were to trade for the 1st pick this is the year,especially with all the hype about Luck (most over hyped QB ive ever seen).What do you guys think whats the value is we get the 1st pick??

Re: If we get the first pick int he draft???

Not to mention Matt Barkley has decided to go back to school,that just drove the price up more because thats 1 less top QB coming out next year.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

As you stated, those who are feeding the hype machine are tossing around silly notions of 4 first round picks. That, of course, will never happen. And yes, the #1 pick is still going to be getting roughly $6M per year in guaranteed money. So it's not like Luck becomes some kind of Blue Light special.

If the Rams get the 1st, IMO the most likely trade partner is the Dan Snyder 'Skins. They're probably picking 7th, which will make it pretty expensive to get up to #1. If it's purely draft picks:

The skins get: #1
    The Rams get: #7, #39, 2013-1st, & 2013-2nd or #71.
    Last edited by HUbison; -12-25-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    San Diego Ram and ManofGod like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I think thats cheap,i def think it will be much more than that.Not to mention more than 1 team will be bidding on it so it will be like an ebay auction.Plus do u remember what the falcons gave to move from there pick to get Julio.im pretty sure they gave up more than tha and they didnt even get in the top 5.I think we will get this years first next year and most likely the year after with 1 or 2 2nd rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    I think thats cheap,i def think it will be much more than that.Not to mention more than 1 team will be bidding on it so it will be like an ebay auction.Plus do u remember what the falcons gave to move from there pick to get Julio.im pretty sure they gave up more than tha and they didnt even get in the top 5.I think we will get this years first next year and most likely the year after with 1 or 2 2nd rounders.
    Well, if we do end up with the top pick, of course I hope you're right, I just don't see it happening.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Man...with as crazy as this hype has gotten, I will be laughing for decades if Luck ends up sucking. (As long as it's not on the Rams)

Edit: In fact...how long do you think it would take a fan base to turn on him? I say half a season. If he isn't blowing up the NFL people are going to flip out.

That said. Make someone trade the farm, because it's about time the Rams came out on top in one of these things.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

What if the browns want him... They have 2 1st rounders this year dont they? I can see us getting something like this years 1st 2nd and a 4th or 5th. Then next years 1st and a few later round picks.... And id say thats a bargain. I cant see anyone giving up four or six 1st rd picks... Even if luck is all world that would put too much strain on any organization imo.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Ideally I would like to trade with Cleveland, who is currently slotted at #4. Id want both 1st round picks they have this year, their second, and maybe a proven player, and if we have to shuffle around a bit in the later rounds, thats fine.

The way I see it, the top 5 players in the draft are Luck, Blackmon, Kalil, Clairborne, and Richardson. If we are picking 4, worst case scenario, we have to decide between Clairborne and Richardson, plus we have stockpiled quite a few other picks. This would be the best!

Another thought I had, but did not put much thought into was if we traded with Miami, obviously try to get as many picks as possible, but I would do everything possible to try to steal Brandon Marshall. He is a stud.
    39WillRunYaOva likes this.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GolfnRAMFAN View Post
    Ideally I would like to trade with Cleveland, who is currently slotted at #4. Id want both 1st round picks they have this year, their second, and maybe a proven player, and if we have to shuffle around a bit in the later rounds, thats fine.

The way I see it, the top 5 players in the draft are Luck, Blackmon, Kalil, Clairborne, and Richardson. If we are picking 4, worst case scenario, we have to decide between Clairborne and Richardson, plus we have stockpiled quite a few other picks. This would be the best!

Another thought I had, but did not put much thought into was if we traded with Miami, obviously try to get as many picks as possible, but I would do everything possible to try to steal Brandon Marshall. He is a stud.
    I was with you until you got to the Brandon Marshall part, there is NO WAY they part with him as he is a game changer and a luxury to have when looking to add a QB to your team who will need a "go to guy". With that being said, Miami may be able to package a worthwhile deal, but we'll have to see. I think currently the Browns have the most to offer.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Man I'd love both deals. I think its realistic for us to move with the Browns and pick up a 1,1,2,5 this year and 1,6 next year, including the up and coming DT Ahtyba Rubin. This kids great, and would give us a potential pro bowler at a position of much need.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Its going to be such a shame, if the Rams do not get that first pick this year. I know nothing is set in stone. But Im certain the Rams will benefit greatly, from falling to this spot, at this present time.?
    I think its pretty clear now the Rams are the worst team in the league. So they need this badly in my opinion. Its not the be all, and end all though.

Finding the right GM and head coach, is what is truly important at this time.?

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

One potential problem with Cleveland is what they think of McCoy first and RG3 second. If they feel like RG3 is as good or better than Luck by draft day (and he should be poised to kill at the combine) then they would likely only need to move to the 2nd spot.

So if we get the first pick, we really need RG3 to return for his senior year, which is highly unlikely given that he's already won the heisman and his team doesn't figure to be in the hunt for a national championship.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

As far as value, Carson Palmer was worth 1,1,2,3. Although Palmer is a proven NFL QB, I think we can all agree Luck has more upside than Palmer. Also, if we were to strike a deal with the Browns, what do you all think about getting Hillis and some picks? With a running game that physical we would own the clock. I think we could get 3 or 4 seasons out of that pair, which is plenty of time to find a long term replacement RB and build around Bradford.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chucknbob View Post
    As far as value, Carson Palmer was worth 1,1,2,3. Although Palmer is a proven NFL QB, I think we can all agree Luck has more upside than Palmer. Also, if we were to strike a deal with the Browns, what do you all think about getting Hillis and some picks? With a running game that physical we would own the clock. I think we could get 3 or 4 seasons out of that pair, which is plenty of time to find a long term replacement RB and build around Bradford.
    No thanks on Hillis. Hes a FA after this year anyways. Hes injury filled, and overrated.

As far as value, Carson Palmer was worth 1,1,2,3. Although Palmer is a proven NFL QB, I think we can all agree Luck has more upside than Palmer.
    Maybe I'm mistaken, but I believe Palmer was had for a 2012 first and a 2013 second, a 1, 2, as it were; not 1,1,2,3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast