View Poll Results: What is Saffolds trade value in the draft?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st rounder

0 0%
  • 2nd rounder

6 18.18%
  • 3rd rounder

13 39.39%
  • 4th rounder

9 27.27%
  • 5th rounder

4 12.12%
  • 6th rounder

1 3.03%
  • 7th rounder

0 0%
  • multiple picks(which?)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: If we trade Saffold for a draft pick/picks

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

If we trade Saffold for a draft pick/picks

What do you think we could get for him.

I know this is speculation and all, but with the rumors put out by his agent that he wants to be a LT and the non talking between Saffold and the Rams brass, it seems like Saffold wont be a Ram after next season, and possibly could be traded as early as this offseason before or during the draft.

If Fishead does trade Saffold during the draft for a pick/picks, what do you think we could get for him?

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Re: If we trade Saffold for a draft pick/picks

We'd be really lucky to get a 3rd for him.

citr92 is offline Registered User

that'd be stupid amazing if the rams got a 2nd out of him

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'd be asking for a two, but would take a three. Basically, I would rate him anywhere between the 40th and 80th pick.
    I believe!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Injuries, the circumstances surrounding a possible trade and pending free agency will likely kill any hopes of getting anything higher than a 5th round pick IMO.

mde8352gorams is online now Registered User

I said 2 optimistically, but realistically probably a 3. I think it will depend on the team and the urgency. I further believe it will happen this offseason.

Go Rams!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Injuries, the circumstances surrounding a possible trade and pending free agency will likely kill any hopes of getting anything higher than a 5th round pick IMO.
    Agreed. You have to look at things from the opposing team's viewpoint; what would you be willing to trade for Rodger Saffold? Let's be honest, Saffold hasn't exactly played at an All Pro level, either. He's been good but not great, and combined with the other factors, I'd be very surprised to see him fetch anything above a Day Three pick.

I think the only way the Rams get a second or third in return for Saffold is if they package a pick with him.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think the only way the Rams get a second or third in return for Saffold is if they package a pick with him.
    This has been my thinking as well Nick. What do you think a good conditional pick would be? a 5th that could become a 4th depending on playing time? or is that to high?

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    A team like the chargers would be wise to ship us a 3rd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    This has been my thinking as well Nick. What do you think a good conditional pick would be? a 5th that could become a 4th depending on playing time? or is that to high?
    If the Rams want to trade Saffold (which is really what this comes down to, as the ball is in their court), then I'd probably see if Saffold and a fifth round pick this year could net the Rams a second or third. I don't know that a conditional 2014 pick does much unless you're trading him straight up for it.

richtree is offline Registered User

His contract is running out this year and has injury history....we would be lucky to get a 5th but it doesn't matter he will play, if not by draft day will will have a new RT....

not a worry..

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

All too often we under value our players. We are so used to paying too much to get talent, and letting guys go for nothing. Then those deals don't work out in our favor. Well... That was before Fishead. These guys know what they're doing, and they will teach us the ways of getting the most out of our players, even if that "most" is someone else's "too high" draft pick. I do not see Fishead getting rid of Saffold for anything less than a high 3 or a mid to low 2.

Now, this is where I am sure that I am different than Fishead, but if I was in that position, Saffold would have two choices. He would have to play the position his coaches put him in, or he'd sit on the bench as a gameday inactive. This is, of couse, if we couldn't get a high draft pick for him. I'd even tell his agent, "Right Tackle, or find a time that will give us at least a 2nd round pick for his LT skills."

gap

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    All too often we under value our players. We are so used to paying too much to get talent, and letting guys go for nothing. Then those deals don't work out in our favor. Well... That was before Fishead. These guys know what they're doing, and they will teach us the ways of getting the most out of our players, even if that "most" is someone else's "too high" draft pick. I do not see Fishead getting rid of Saffold for anything less than a high 3 or a mid to low 2.

Now, this is where I am sure that I am different than Fishead, but if I was in that position, Saffold would have two choices. He would have to play the position his coaches put him in, or he'd sit on the bench as a gameday inactive. This is, of couse, if we couldn't get a high draft pick for him. I'd even tell his agent, "Right Tackle, or find a time that will give us at least a 2nd round pick for his LT skills."

gap
    I agree with you but we cant get a 2 or 3 for him becuase of the market. There are 2 or 3 quality RTs still on the free agent market, andre smith and the guy the falcons just cut. There is another too but his name and formr team slipped my mind. But nevermind, im forgetting he's a LT.... Lol
    gap likes this.

Randart is offline Registered User

I said a second glad many of you are hopeful for it or agree... he was quite a nice pickup originally in the second round and if he had been healthier he would be a prize imho. So off the cuff prediction is draft day trade with multiple pics or he agrees with a song in his heart to play RT. Then maybe a trade deadline deal, not sure what we get for him then. Injuries etc for a team pushing to the playoffs he might be of great value then...

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    I think the opposite is true - I think fans tend to overvalue their own players, and I don't think the Rams' fan base is any exception. I don't think Fisher or Snead will trade Saffold for less than a third, either. The difference is I also don't see another team offering that kind of compensation up for Saffold, either. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, because the extra pick would be nice. But if you take his name out of the equation and pretend you're a GM for a random team in need of a LT, I wouldn't be inclined to trade much to acquire him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast