View Poll Results: If we try to trade Pace what do you think we could realistically get for him?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st Rounder

0 0%
  • 2nd Rounder

7 17.50%
  • 3rd Rounder

15 37.50%
  • 4th or Later Round

15 37.50%
  • Nothing

3 7.50%
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

If we try to trade Pace what do you think we could realistically get for him?

If we try to trade Pace what do you think we could realistically get for him?

1st Rounder
    2nd Rounder
    3rd Rounder
    4th or Later Round
    Nothing

Weddle is offline Registered User

Re: If we try to trade Pace what do you think we could realistically get for him?

Not very much!!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: If we try to trade Pace what do you think we could realistically get for him?

The initial trade would be for a fourth round pick or lower, but I imagine any deal would include escalators for playing time or post-season appearances to improve the compensation we'd ultimately get if the team Pace goes to succeeds with him on the field.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I agree with nick and i think we are FAR more likely to trade holt than pace because i think pace is contributing more than holt at this point and is more willing to stay. We also have young receivers to step in and we dont have that at the tackle position.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i dont think we`d get the value in draft picks for him,that we could by keeping him...re-structure by all means if he`s up for it...

i have had this thought since mid-way through last season..what if Pace has put his injury jinx behind him and plays on for another 3 to 6 years..and becomes one of these veterans that play at a good level till their late 30`s?

id like to see us hang on to him...before this season i would say he`s done but he showed me he could still play perhaps not to his Hall of Fame level but certainly to a valuable to us level...if we go and draft a LT with the second overall pick,id like to see that player go straight into the LT position (i think playing a LT at RT for his first few years can hinder his progression to LT later down the road) and move Pace inside to LG...imagine say Monroe AND Pace on the left side..that would be a pretty big blindside to get past!

shower beers is offline Registered User

As much as I love Pace, I voted for nothing, because I don't believe anyone would make a trade for him at this point in his career, nor would we try to initiate a trade.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I don't think we could get anything. He is 32 injury prone and definately not on top of his game. He doesn't really have alot of time left. If a team wants him they would pick him up we decided to release him.

djdeeznutz Guest

plz just stop

last year we let issac bruce go n sign with another team and Holt may not want too b back next year.

Can lwt a guy from our glorry days start and finish his career as a Rams???

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    Can lwt a guy from our glorry days start and finish his career as a Rams???
    Not at the cost of winning. Thats patially how we got to be a 2 win team we have held on to guys past their prime paid them big dollars and seen little in return. We have so many holes on this team we don't need high priced veterans past their prime. We need to take the Pace money and fill other holes.

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Not at the cost of winning. Thats patially how we got to be a 2 win team we have held on to guys past their prime paid them big dollars and seen little in return. We have so many holes on this team we don't need high priced veterans past their prime. We need to take the Pace money and fill other holes.
    ur right that is why were losing

but for the reasons u just stated "high priced veterans past their prime." reffering to pace i dont think any team wants him

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    but for the reasons u just stated "high priced veterans past their prime." reffering to pace i dont think any team wants him
    I could see a team that has a good nucleus but has a need at OT taking Pace. He could help make a potentialy good team a great team. But we are not the team that needs Pace right now we are a team that needs more then one piece. Therfor we don't need an old veteran making big money. Our big money guys need to be younger guys. If we were a good team looking to get better and needed an OT I would look at a Pace. Just not when we are a bad team trying to get good with a lot of holes.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'm going to say we might be able to get a 3rd rounder for him. He came back and was mostly healthy this season. He might not be playing at his peak anymore, but somebody might be willing to bite if they're short-handed at the position. Unfortunately for us, a lot of teams picked up offensive tackles in the first round, and more are likely to go off the board early this year, as well. That means teams that have recently had trouble at the position likely already filled or will be looking to fill the position via the draft.

MarshallMarshall Guest

I said 4th or later. Not that I don't think he's better than that it's just the trend around the league older players value has dropped dramatically especially after a couple injurie riddled seasons no matter there past, this is a " what have you done for me lately" league

Majpain is offline Registered User

It would be pointless to trade Pace. IT would actually make the Rams Line worst.