View Poll Results: If we try to trade Torry Holt what do you think we could realistically get for him?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st Rounder

1 6.25%
  • 2nd Rounder

4 25.00%
  • 3rd Rounder

3 18.75%
  • 4th or later Round

7 43.75%
  • Nothing

1 6.25%
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

If we try to trade Torry Holt what do you think we could realistically get for him?

If we try to trade Torry Holt what do you think we could realistically get for him?

1st rounder
    2nd rounder
    3rd rounder
    4th or later round
    Nothing

Weddle is offline Registered User

Re: If we try to trade Torry Holt what do you think we could realistically get for hi

3rd rounder... He's old and got dodgy knees. We'd be better keeping him really as he's worth more than that. He can also help the young wide-outs (Avery & Burton). Shame he's a $10m+ cap hit!!

soup1981 Guest

Re: If we try to trade Torry Holt what do you think we could realistically get for hi

Quote Originally Posted by Weddle View Post
    3rd rounder... He's old and got dodgy knees. We'd be better keeping him really as he's worth more than that. He can also help the young wide-outs (Avery & Burton). Shame he's a $10m+ cap hit!!

I couldn't agree more.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

The way I see it, If Randy Moss was dealt for a 4th round pick, Then it would be difficult to get anything higher for Torry. Also, I remember the Dolphins tried shopping Jason Taylor for a first or 2nd round pick, but word was no team's were even interested, as the Dolphins asked for too much in return.

So, even though guys like Randy Moss, Jason Taylor, and Torry can be considered to enter the Hall of Fame one day, team's just won't trade for them if they are getting up there in age and/or the asking price is too high. A 4th round pick is all we can realistically receive for Holt.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Most likely a 4th our 5th round pick.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Realistically a 4, but maybe a 3. ITs not a good comparison with Moss for two reasons. First, Moss had a huge impending salary obligation and he was a problem child. Holt is a solid citizen.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Realistically a 4, but maybe a 3. ITs not a good comparison with Moss for two reasons. First, Moss had a huge impending salary obligation and he was a problem child. Holt is a solid citizen.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    agree 100% with every word!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

4th at most he is 31 with a huge contract, coming of a bad year. We would be extremely fortunate to get a third.

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Weddle View Post
    i put down 4th or later cuz that is his trade value right now after last season and his knee problems

But the only way we can trade him is if he re-does his contract cuz i dont think a team wants to pay him $10mil

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I'd say a third, but I wouldn't mind betting the Titans would be interested a little higher. They need a veteran receiver and they have a fairly solid cap status at this point in time, although they haven't thrown a bucketload of money at Haynesworth quite yet. I don't think it would be past them to make a substantial offer by way of their second rounder.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

A stick of gum and a Lee Smith baseball card.