throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3STL9 Guest

Re: If Westbrook doesn't work out, here's my CHOICE to back up SJ

Word from Dallas (word as in rumors), that they would rather get rid of Barber. And keep Choice and Jones

The Optimistic Lamb Guest

Hell no. I wouldnt give up a 4th or 5th round draft pick for a back up. But I'd definitely consider giving the Cowboys Alex Barron or OJ Atogwe. I think I've read the Cowboys are intereseted in OJ, but to trade him, we'd have to sign him.

If I was the Cowboys I'd just sit tight and grab OJ when he becomes a FA.

3STL9 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Hell no. I wouldnt give up a 4th or 5th round draft pick for a back up. But I'd definitely consider giving the Cowboys Alex Barron or OJ Atogwe. I think I've read the Cowboys are intereseted in OJ, but to trade him, we'd have to sign him.

If I was the Cowboys I'd just sit tight and grab OJ when he becomes a FA.
    I think he is better than any RB we can get in the 4th or 5th round next year. Heck usually any year.

TheRammer Guest

I really am high on Choice but You guys CRAZY? Get rid of OJ? No way! He has been a turnover machine and ball hawk the last couple of years! Yes last year he went a little down with production but he got hurt, Hence you got make stats if your hurt! He deserves a good contract from us, maybe not outrageous money but one that is justified by his talent level and output. Hellz I'd rather send Barron over there and a combo of picks or whatver before sending OJ there. Honestly, this is the ONLY issue I have had a problem with our current senior FO people is not fixing this OJ debacle.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    I really am high on Choice but You guys CRAZY? Get rid of OJ? No way! He has been a turnover machine and ball hawk the last couple of years! Yes last year he went a little down with production but he got hurt, Hence you got make stats if your hurt! He deserves a good contract from us, maybe not outrageous money but one that is justified by his talent level and output. Hellz I'd rather send Barron over there and a combo of picks or whatver before sending OJ there. Honestly, this is the ONLY issue I have had a problem with our current senior FO people is not fixing this OJ debacle.
    I feel the exact same way. I love OJ. The man is a beast, you all just want to get him out of here which just doesn't make sense to me.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I'd rather give Keith Toston a shot. The kids got nice feet, great balance and was productive. I don't think his size or speed are a problem.

Heck, if I remember correctly, Emmitt Smith ran a 4.8 at the combine and he turned out okay. He had nice feet and great balance.
    Semper Fi!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't know who, what, when or where but the back-up RB position is a real concern for me. We need to do something!

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Choice would be exactly what we are looking for, but I don't see it happening. Jerry Jones loves the guy.

Speaking of Westbrook, he is going to Washington for a workout. What the heck? Are the Rams that undesirable of a team to play for? He wants to go to a team that already has Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson, and Willie Parker? How many carries do any of these guys expect to get?

And what are the Redskins trying to do here anyway? I know Shanahan loves to use multiple backs, but this is getting to be ridiculous.

tmbkb8 Guest

Not until today did I notice the pun in the thread title...I'm embarrassed.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Choice would be exactly what we are looking for, but I don't see it happening. Jerry Jones loves the guy.

Speaking of Westbrook, he is going to Washington for a workout. What the heck? Are the Rams that undesirable of a team to play for? He wants to go to a team that already has Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson, and Willie Parker? How many carries do any of these guys expect to get?

And what are the Redskins trying to do here anyway? I know Shanahan loves to use multiple backs, but this is getting to be ridiculous.
    I'm sure at the point Westbrook is at in his career, he has two criteria for joining a team.

1) Who needs me that has a shot at the SB in the next 2 years?
    2) Who will give him the most money?

Apparently the answer to 1 is no one, since he has worked out with no contenders. Historically the Redskins are a great place to go to find the answer to #2. They certainly have shown a much greater willingness to part with large sums of money than the Rams have on gamble players.

Warner4prez Guest

The rumor is McNabb is rallying to get Westbrook a shot in DC and apparently the FO is afraid of making McNabb more unhappy than he already probably is.

The Optimistic Lamb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I feel the exact same way. I love OJ. The man is a beast, you all just want to get him out of here which just doesn't make sense to me.
    No I love OJ just as much as anyone. And I think he deserves a good contract, maybe even slighty more than he's worth. But to sign him for outrageous money I will not. Thats not fair to the team. OJ wants to be the highest paid safety in the NFL, and he will only sign 1 year contracts. So if he doesn't take his ego down a notch, I wont loose any sleep over letting him go.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

The Cowboys wouldn't deal choice for anyone available on our roster. That kid has deceptive speed and hits the hole quick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12