Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: I'm on the Greg Jennings Hype Train

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: I'm on the Greg Jennings Hype Train

I agree with the thought of signing him, if it makes cap sense for us. If he truly wants to come to the Rams then we have a bit of negotiating leverage and that may enable us to sign him to an incentive laden deal for the years of 2014 and 2015. One thing I would add to the conversation is that he will look closely at the QB throwing to him and of the teams mentioned such as the Dolphins and the Vikings, I place Sam Bradford above those teams QB's by a wide margin.

I must agree with AV's skepticism of an aging WR. Plus we mustn't forget that we may want to resign Amendola and that may put too much cap $ at the WR position.

Go Rams!

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

An example of the soft hands Greg possesses.

And yes, as many of you at Clanram are probably wondering, I have found my new off-season obsession.

2010 - Michael Vick (whoooooops)
    2011 - Reggie Bush (was on the money but we didn't get em - woulda been a steal)
    2012 - Janoris Jenkins (nailed it)
    2013 - Greg Jennings

Make my wish come true Greg
    Last edited by THOLTFAN81; -01-24-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I have a crazy theory of why I think Greg Jennings is destined to play for the Rams and will eventually sign with them. Back in the day while with the Rams, Craig "Ironhead" Heyward did a couple commercials for Zest body wash. Here's a youtube link below:

"Ironhead" Heyward Zest Body Wash - YouTube

Currently, Greg Jennings is in some pretty funny commercials for Old Spice body wash... coincidence or a sign of something to come? I personally think the body wash Gods are trying to telling us something: that the Rams must sign Greg Jennings! Whoever disagrees...... DOOM ON YOU!!!!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    I have a crazy theory of why I think Greg Jennings is destined to play for the Rams and will eventually sign with them. Back in the day while with the Rams, Craig "Ironhead" Heyward did a couple commercials for Zest body wash. Here's a youtube link below:

"Ironhead" Heyward Zest Body Wash - YouTube

Currently, Greg Jennings is in some pretty funny commercials for Old Spice body wash... coincidence or a sign of something to come? I personally think the body wash Gods are trying to telling us something: that the Rams must sign Greg Jennings! Whoever disagrees...... DOOM ON YOU!!!!
    Well there you have it, he's as good as a Ram now! I find your theory humorous as I have worked in advertising for many years. I just hope if this happens he produces more than Ironhead who wasn't awful, but I would expect more out of Jennings. Ironhead also had an inglorious ending with an injury, which hopefully won't reoccur with Jennings.

Go Rams!

Haste is online now Registered User

Watching the plays at:

1:05

2:10

2:25

2:55

That is exactly what we need.

How is he against big physical corners and when double teamed?
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Haste View Post
    Watching the plays at:

1:05

2:10

2:25

2:55

That is exactly what we need.

How is he against big physical corners and when double teamed?
    Jennings can beat any corner any size due to his precise route running.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

I'm skeptical because of his age, injury issues and drop off in production in 2012. If Wallace or Bowe are unattainable then I hope he will be signed but he is probably 3rd for me on the FA receivers list. Also, the fact that the Packers offense performs at around the same level with or without him in the lineup concerns me. Even with the age and injury question marks I would still be very happy with Jennings being part of the offense because something needs to be done to give Sam targets. If he is close to matching his 2010 or 2011 production output then he could do for the Rams what Vincent Jackson did for the Bucs last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    I'm skeptical because of his age, injury issues and drop off in production in 2012. If Wallace or Bowe are unattainable then I hope he will be signed but he is probably 3rd for me on the FA receivers list. Also, the fact that the Packers offense performs at around the same level with or without him in the lineup concerns me. Even with the age and injury question marks I would still be very happy with Jennings being part of the offense because something needs to be done to give Sam targets. If he is close to matching his 2010 or 2011 production output then he could do for the Rams what Vincent Jackson did for the Bucs last year.
    Injury issues and drop off in production usually go hand in hand; when Jennings played he put up pretty good numbers. Also, much like Marques Colston in the Nola, he came from an offense where the QB spread the ball around, so he's not going to put up record breaking numbers like Megatron or Brandon Marshall. I agree that he is getting up there in age (29), but most WR's who's games are based on great route running and hands rather than pure speed tend to last longer in the NFL (Jerry Rice was still producing into his early 40's). The main reason I prefer Jennings over Bowe and Wallace (besides the obvious that he'll be cheaper) is that he seems like he'd be an awesome mentor to all the young receivers on our roster, while at the same time producing on the field.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

29 years old, coming off a major injury, and from a pass first offense that seems to turn every receiver into someone who contributes? Please god no.

At this point I'm over wanting any of the top receivers. I especially don't understand those who want Jennings but not Wallace(younger, just as good, not coming off a major injury?). If we don't get Wallace I'd rather just draft a WR. Deandre Hopkins, Terrence Williams, Markus Wheaton, Da'Rick Rogers could be just as good as Jennings next year.

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    29 years old, coming off a major injury, and from a pass first offense that seems to turn every receiver into someone who contributes? Please god no.

At this point I'm over wanting any of the top receivers. I especially don't understand those who want Jennings but not Wallace(younger, just as good, not coming off a major injury?).
    Wallace is going to ask for a huge contract, probably the same with Bowe; no way can the Rams afford either one of them. And even though Jennings is 29, he's exactly one year older than Bowe (both born on September 21), and definitely more consistent. And FYI hernia surgery is not a "major injury"... I honestly had hernia surgery earlier this morning and doctors said I'll be back to work better than ever in a month or so.

If we don't get Wallace I'd rather just draft a WR. Deandre Hopkins, Terrence Williams, Markus Wheaton, Da'Rick Rogers could be just as good as Jennings next year.
    Emphasis on "could"... I'd rather have a proven commodity such as Jennings than draft an unknown receiver that could be as good as him, especially if the price is right.
    Last edited by Vinnie25; -01-26-2013 at 12:13 AM.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    Wallace is going to ask for a huge contract, probably the same with Bowe; no way can the Rams afford either one of them. And even though Jennings is 29, he's exactly one year older than Bowe (both born on September 21), and definitely more consistent. And FYI hernia surgery is not a "major injury"... I honestly had hernia surgery earlier this morning and doctors said I'll be back to work better than ever in a month or so.

Emphasis on "could"... I'd rather have a proven commodity such as Jennings than draft an unknown receiver that could be as good as him, especially if the price is right.
    I always chuckle when people don't want to draft someone because they don't know what he can or can not do but want an aging veteran coming off injury. No one is a guarantee to produce anything. Especially not an aging player in the NFL. It's all speculation. Jennings being a good receiver 2 years ago with one of the best QB's in the last 30 years does not mean he would have anywhere near the success with us.

A guy like Williams, Hopkins, Rogers or Wheaton has a much better shot of being a significant contributor, in the long term, than Jennings does and at a cheaper cost.

Action_Jackson is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    29 years old (will be 30 at start of next season)...

Coming off a hernia surgery...

Color me skeptical.

I like Jennings, and I think he'd be a great addition in 2013.

But what about 2014? 2015?

I'm not sure he fits the long-term plan.
    This time last year I would have agreed with you.

However, we are no longer trying to fill multiple needs.

If we can sign Jennings in free agency, address our OT and OG needs in the draft. We will be challenging for the NFC West.

This is the time to get a playmaker in, if we get more than 1 good year out of him great, but he is a difference maker IMO. Also, Brian Quick would benefit from having someone like Jennings on the team.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I always chuckle when people don't want to draft someone because they don't know what he can or can not do but want an aging veteran coming off injury. No one is a guarantee to produce anything. Especially not an aging player in the NFL. It's all speculation. Jennings being a good receiver 2 years ago with one of the best QB's in the last 30 years does not mean he would have anywhere near the success with us.

A guy like Williams, Hopkins, Rogers or Wheaton has a much better shot of being a significant contributor, in the long term, than Jennings does and at a cheaper cost.
    Would you be opposed to signing Jennings and drafting one of the rookie you listed? We only have three WR on our roster and you have said many times we need more the two or three receives. You have also stated Amendola is at a risk of getting hurt again.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

No one is a guarantee to produce anything. Especially not an aging player in the NFL.
    If only we could sign one of those non-aging players.
    Rambos, THOLTFAN81 and Tampa_Ram like this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If only we could sign one of those non-aging players.
    Dorian Grey, WR
    mde8352gorams and Vinnie25 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast