Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'm psychic. That's why I know the Rams first pick will...

... upset many Rams fans.

If its Bradford, there will be those who will scream that the Rams made a huge mistake taking a QB with a history of injuries and passing on a "once in a generation" DT.

If its Suh, there will be those who will scream that the Rams made a huge mistake passing on the next great franchise QB in favor of a defensive tackle.

If the Rams trade down, there will be those who will scream that the Rams should have taken one great player, instead of two merely good players.

There will be Suhians, Bradfordites, and even the odd McCoyian and Clausenian.

There is no pleasing the fan base... at least not as a whole.

I have my opinions like everyone else but, in the end, I have faith in decisionmakers to make a reasoned decision. There are no guarantees, so it might not turn out as we hope, but THEY KNOW MORE THAN WE DO and, unlike the previous regime, they actually have a background in FOOTBALL.

So... sit back and watch. All I have said will come to pass will indeed... come to pass.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: I'm psychic. That's why I know the Rams first pick will...

I'm a Suhian but I have my respect for Bradfordites, not really so for McCoyians for Clausenians.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I honestly won't be upset either way. The only thing that would bother me is if we took suh and didn't draft a QB at all, or until like round 7 (again).

It has all happened before, it will all happen again.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

For some reason Bradfordite sounds kind of odd.

general counsel is offline Registered User

If i want suh in round 1 and colt mcoy in round 2 does that make me a mcoyian?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    If i want suh in round 1 and colt mcoy in round 2 does that make me a mcoyian?

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I'd love this scenario.

LARAM is offline Registered User

If I like Tebow....What does that make me?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    If I said what I want to say, it would be deleted. So I'll just say your in the minority

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

i agree..i will be happy with suh or bradford, and maybe even more happy if we were able to pull off a trade-down scenario where we still pick up bradford, but some people's opinions are so strong you'd think they know more than football people.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

I want Suh and will settle for Bradford. Would not mind the Rams trading down if they can get some quality picks so any of those options right now work for me.

Go Rams

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I'm wary when people say that a team should take the "once in a generation player". Everyone couldn't believe it when the Texans passed on Bush - the best college player for a decade, everyone thought Glen Dorsey would be unblockable. Some people thought the Lions should have taken Curry - the most talented player in last year's draft, with the No. 1 pick.

I think I'm leaning towards wanting Bradford now, it's a passing league now and you can't win without a good QB.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BritishRam
    I think I'm leaning towards wanting Bradford now, it's a passing league now and you can't win without a good QB.
    Nor can you win if you can't stop a good QB.

My opinion on this is well-documented; I think Suh will be a special player, and one that shouldn't be passed over when we can get the equivalent of Bradford next year. But having said that, if DeSpags thinks Sammy is the man, so be it. Welcome to the Lou, Sam.

But HUb, our offense is horrible; you can't win if you can't score.

Not exactly true. You can't win if you can't score........more than the other team!

This team scored 10 points a game; horrible, indeed. But they gave up 27 a game. So let's say Bradford comes here, and boosts this offense up. Even doubling their production, ie 20 points a game. Great! Except, of course, we're still giving up a TD more than we scoring. And we're still losing. And we're still picking high next year thinking, "Gosh, I wish there was an elite defender that could help turn the D around." Suh won't be there next year, the equivalent of Bradford will.

But whatever......I can live with Bradford if DeSpags can.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    This team scored 10 points a game; horrible, indeed. But they gave up 27 a game. So let's say Bradford comes here, and boosts this offense up. Even doubling their production, ie 20 points a game. Great! Except, of course, we're still giving up a TD more than we scoring. And we're still losing. And we're still picking high next year thinking, "Gosh, I wish there was an elite defender that could help turn the D around." Suh won't be there next year, the equivalent of Bradford will.
    But part of the reason the defense gave up 27 points a game was because the offense couldn't stay on the field. There were so many games this past season where the defense had kept them in the game until the 4th quarter before the offense was too inept to take the chance.

If, as you say, Bradford could make the offense 10 points a game better then I guarantee the defense gets better. By how much? Who knows, but if the offense can stay on the field longer the defense won't get as tired and will perform more consistently.

It's very much a circular argument, a good defense would give an offense more time on the field, thus having more time to score.

Put it this way, if the Rams pick Bradford I'd love it, if they picked Suh I'd love it. The team is instantly better either way and I can't think of anyone who I'd rather have making the choice than Devaney and Spagnuolo.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    Coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    But part of the reason the defense gave up 27 points a game was because the offense couldn't stay on the field. There were so many games this past season where the defense had kept them in the game until the 4th quarter before the offense was too inept to take the chance.

If, as you say, Bradford could make the offense 10 points a game better then I guarantee the defense gets better. By how much? Who knows, but if the offense can stay on the field longer the defense won't get as tired and will perform more consistently.

It's very much a circular argument, a good defense would give an offense more time on the field, thus having more time to score.

Put it this way, if the Rams pick Bradford I'd love it, if they picked Suh I'd love it. The team is instantly better either way and I can't think of anyone who I'd rather have making the choice than Devaney and Spagnuolo.
    Agreed.

I bet you that if we had a productive offense, our defense would suddenly get better, even without any major upgrades or addition.

Why? Because last year, our offense was pathetic. 3 and outs, 3 and outs, fumble, interception, everything was basically negative. We basically killed our defense last year. It's a wonder they didn't give up more points.

If we're only averaging 10 points a game, that's going to kill our defense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast