RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I'm sorry for another one so soon. But my greatest mock yet IMO of the Rams, D1 Desc.

The future Depth Chart will be below.

Round 1: Michael Huff CB/S Texas
    The reason: The Rams need help at the the DB Position. Huff is a cross breed between a FS and a CB and can also play SS if needed. He runs a mild 4.3 and did 21 reps. He has enough talent to start next season.

Round 2: Abdul Hodge LB Iowa
    The Reason: THe Rams signed Will Witherspoon as MLB but in his career he has had better sucess at WLB and SLB than he has MLB same with Pisa. With this pick Hodge comes in and will play MLB where we have a natural MLB there and either Witherspoon or Pisa will play SLB.

Round 3: Marcedes Lewis TE UCLA
    The Reason: The Rams need help at the Tight End position and many will flame me telling me that Lewis won't be there for now but the I have this feeling that he will fall to the 4th or 5th TE taken in the draft. Which would have him fall about here. He has much needed skills to be a effective Tight End.

Round 4: Barry Cofield DT Northwestern

Round 5: Skylar Green WR Louisiana State University

Round 6: Marvin Philip C California

Round 7: Chijioke Onyenegecha CB Oklahoma

Round 7: Bruce Eugene QB Grambling State
    Through 56 TDs THIS SEASON!

Round 7: Brandon Hoyte LB Notre Dame

Next Years depth chart

QB BUlger
    RB Jackson
    FB Hedgecock
    WR HOlt
    WR Bruce
    TE Lewis
    OT Barron
    OG Incognito
    C McCollum
    OG Terrel
    OT Pace

DE Hargrove
    DT Glover
    DT Kennedy
    DE Little
    LB Witherspoon
    LB Hodge
    LB Tinoisamoa
    CB Bartell
    CB HUff
    NCB Butler
    FS Chavous
    SS Atogwe

RamsFan16

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: I'm sorry for another one so soon. But my greatest mock yet IMO of the Rams, D1 Desc.

I like Hodge, but I'm not sure about Pisa or Witherspoon at SLB. Are you sure Spoon has played SLB? I know he filled in for Dan Morgan at MLB, but I was under the impression that he wasn't as well suited for strongside.

Interesting that you've got Huff and Bartell as CBs considering how many other young CBs we have on the roster with more starting experience (Butler, Fisher, Brown). I thought Butler and Fisher were a decent starting combo pre-Marmie.

If we picked up Eugene, he would be fighting for a roster spot with both Fitz and Smoker. That'd likely be an uphill battle. Likewise, that Oklahoma CB in the 7th would have slim odds of even making the team.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: I'm sorry for another one so soon. But my greatest mock yet IMO of the Rams, D1 Desc.

I love the first day. Even though I'm not a huge Lewis fan, if we could get him in the third, it'd be a great pick simply in terms of value. Not sure he's there though. Cofield is an excellent Day Two selection IMO because he's capable of adding defensive tackle depth but can also shift to end in a 3-4 alignment. I'm still not sure why we'd spend a fifth rounder on a receiver; special teams play is great, but Green won't see the field on offense unless the organization decides to let Curtis or McDonald walk next year.

I really like Philip in the sixth round. Lack of ideal measurables, but he's an incredibly smart and intelligent player, and I love those kind of guys. I tend to agree with Golden about the two seventh round picks. Will Eugene beat out both Smoker and Fitz to be the team's third QB? I doubt it. Will Onyenegecha beat out anyone at corner to make the team? I wouldn't think so. A punter in the seventh or maybe additional depth on either line where we're thin may be a safer selection in terms of trying to get guys who will make the final roster.

If that were the draft, then I'd rather see the starting line-up feature Witherspoon at WLB and Pisa back at SLB because I think it would maximize Witherspoon's playmaking ability. Also Bartell should be competing with Brown for the CB job, while Huff starts at one of the safety spots opposite of Chavous instead of at corner.

All in all, very good mock. We'd have to be lucky for some of those guys to be where we want them to be (Huff, Lewis) but I would have few complaints if any about those results.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

well ya consistent on one thing; skyler green appears in just about everyone if not all of your mocks!

first 6 rounds pretty good,not sure if i would make the exact same picks(would like to see a natural slb in there and perhaps a centre of higher calibre) but i wouldnt be kicking my cat over it neither!

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Good Job !@!II(*(() RamsFan16 !

When I look at your Depth Chart. It makes me (and Stephen Jackson) real nervous to see McCollum in there. He's 36 going on 50. He's next to useless in the Running game.

We need to pick some talent for that interior line. I see you have a pick in there to cover that too.
    Last edited by Tony Soprano; -04-06-2006 at 03:31 AM.

When did we sign Steven Davis?
    RamsFan16

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Re: I'm sorry for another one so soon. But my greatest mock yet IMO of the Rams, D1 D

It's like 3:00 in the morning, Mr. Editor.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

i love this draft except i would like to pick up hester in the 4th to compete for the pk/KR/WR duties for yrs to come

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RF16
    DE Hargrove
    DT Glover
    DT Kennedy
    DE Little
    LB Witherspoon
    LB Hodge
    LB Tinoisamoa
    CB Bartell
    CB HUff
    NCB Butler
    FS Chavous
    SS Atogwe
    Well, here's the key to our D right here.....start 12 players.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

No. I put NCB in not as a started but thats who will play Nickelback at times.
    RamsFan16

Rambos is online now Registered User

Butler, should start unless he is not 100% coming back.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I'm still not sure why we'd spend a fifth rounder on a receiver; special teams play is great, but Green won't see the field on offense unless the organization decides to let Curtis or McDonald walk next year.
    I wouldnt mind letting McDonald walk. I'm not his biggest fan on this site and I think Green will be a better receiver than McDonald. His value as a Punt and Kick Returner is enough for the Rams to take him in the 5th. Despite the "weak" WR draft that this is being called, I think that there are a few sleepers who will turn out to be very good, and Green will be one of them.

CB Bartell
    CB Huff
    NCB Butler
    This worries me. A player with half a season of experience and a rookie starting? That's not good news for our defense. I really like Butler. I think he's one of the better corners in the league. I dont think that he's going to lose his starting job, and I believe that he's going to be the main reason why Huff will be our starting SS if he is drafted.

Overall a good draft. I'm not sure just how much Witherspoon played at SLB, I really like him at MLB though. I dont see MLB as a huge need right now. I would much rather see a natural SLB drafted (Bobby Carpenter, DeMeco Ryans) Witherspoon can play and be effective at MLB.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

MartialRAM is offline Registered User

Exclamation Re: I'm sorry for another one so soon. But my greatest mock yet IMO of the Rams, D1 Desc.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Round 7: Chijioke Onyenegecha CB Oklahoma
    No Okies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clanram:

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

i dont think lewis will be there in the third round....If only we had two 2nd round picks instead we have 2 extra 7th round picks