Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    djdeeznutz Guest

Re: I'm starting to think that drafting an O-lineman is not such a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    We have been saying the same things about Barron for way to long. Pace has become injury prone so we need a third tackle anyways.

Grecco could start this year at guard. He has played almost soley at guard and we seem to think guard is his best position.

IMO Andre Smith is Jeff Otah, Jason Smith is Ryan Clady, and Eugene Monroe is Jake Long with opposite questions.
    iight iight yall are right. Takin an O-lineman will build a foundation to a team that is re-building. With all the injuries a 3rd tackle wouldnt hurt.

Grecco is not big enuff to be a Tackle so he would be a good guard.

If Eugene Monroe can be like Jake Long that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post

One more thing on the subject of high draft picks and reaches .. anybody care to venture a guess at what we'll have to pay a player at #2 overall that isn't a QB?
    Yea judgeing by the contract that Calvin Johnson got a couple of years ago we will have to pay Crabtree more than Holt. And if we take an O-lineman it wont be as much and we could start to re-build.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    All the more reason to draft an OT and let him learn behind Pace while we still have him. Then as the team improves, we'll have a young blind-side tackle ready to contribute.

Barron has not been a consistent blocker during his time here, and he hasn't helped himself by being one of the most penalized linemen in the league. There's no way this guy deserves a contract extension from the Rams for the entirely disappointing job he's done since being drafted. At this point, I'm starting to wonder if he has blackmail photos of you or something.
    im still doubting the 1st paragraph cuz if Pace is such a good teacher why is Barron so inconsistent. Why doesnt he just put tape over incognito's mouth. But i do agree with a good young blind-side tackle.

Maybe Barron does got some blackmail pics of me

nah im just playin. Anyway Barron has been inconsistant i just thought that disipline would improve him. Maybe not. Who knows.

The real reason i want crabtree is so the Seahawks can't. The guy is a beast and i dont want to face him twice a year.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    im still doubting the 1st paragraph cuz if Pace is such a good teacher why is Barron so inconsistent.
    Barron isn't a back-up tackle working directly behind Pace, so it's difficult to say how much time Pace can actually mentor Alex. Besides, given that none of our O-line coaches since 2005 have been able to do much for Alex, maybe the problem lies more with him than anyone else.

djdeeznutz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Barron isn't a back-up tackle working directly behind Pace, so it's difficult to say how much time Pace can actually mentor Alex. Besides, given that none of our O-line coaches since 2005 have been able to do much for Alex, maybe the problem lies more with him than anyone else.
    yea but our whole O-line seems to be bad and everyone right of Bell is still young and that is the side that is bad. So i do not think Pace will be a good teacher. I think the growth of a new tackle will be put in the hands of our O-line coaches hands (whats his name agian i know spags kept him)

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

yea but our whole O-line seems to be bad and everyone right of Bell is still young and that is the side that is bad. So i do not think Pace will be a good teacher.
    You're taking general observations and trying to apply them as reasons why Pace won't be a good mentor to a young OT. I don't think that works in this case.

For instance, I don't think the overall play of the left side of the line or Barron's play for the last four years has much if anything to do with how well Pace can serve as a mentor to a young OT working behind him.

Besides, the right side of the line is worse than the left, IMO.

I think the growth of a new tackle will be put in the hands of our O-line coaches hands (whats his name agian i know spags kept him)
    Yes, the growth of a new tackle will primarily be in the hands of our OL coach, which currently is Steve Loney. It will also be dependent on that player taking to coaching well and learning from the people trying to instruct him. But I would definitely say it's also a benefit for a young OT to get to work behind Orlando Pace at left tackle early in his career. Especially if he can pick Pace's mind and really use him as a resource, asking him questions and trying to learn as much as he can. Does anyone really believe Barron did anything like this?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

im still doubting the 1st paragraph cuz if Pace is such a good teacher why is Barron so inconsistent. Why doesnt he just put tape over incognito's mouth. But i do agree with a good young blind-side tackle.

Maybe Barron does got some blackmail pics of me

nah im just playin. Anyway Barron has been inconsistant i just thought that disipline would improve him. Maybe not. Who knows.
    It seems to me the problems with Barron and Incognito have more to do with attitude than anything else. Both guys have talent and could be solid performers if they really wanted to put in the work, listen, and practice discipline. You can yell and sceam at players all day long, but if it's not in them to mentally focus and dedicate themselves to improve, it doesn't matter who's doing the yelling. After several years in the league for both, it's apparent to me that they most likely will not change. Just ask Marc Bulger, he's called them out a time or two.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    I'm surprised anyone believes that Alex's "only" problem are the false starts. Seriously, are you watching the games? He gets beat a ton, despite being more than athletic enough to man the spot. The issue with him out of college was not physical capability but "want to." At this point, I've seen enough to know that his "want to" is really more like "eh, not today."
    Ahhhh........so would you say 'his give-a-damn is busted'?
    Semper Fi!

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    we can't draft a OT, we drafted linemen last year so drafting the same thing this year will be a waste especially since none of the OT have "STAR" written all over them.
    We also drafted WRs last year. By that logic drafting Crabtree this year would be a waste.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

the original poster realizes we need O-line help im sure....but just like me he/she doesnt have faith in any particular one,so as we cant draft them all; therefore making sure we draft the right one....wants us to draft B.P.A. not B.OT.A..

Barron & Pace need long term replacements,but folks get too tangled up in their thinking...we dont have to draft a Tackle that high..especially as Spags & Devaney appear to prefer a power running game!

draft the real deal Aaron Curry...even tho our O-line was poor in the whole the last year and longer..if we had a better D we would have won twice as many games than we did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12