Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    We could see a good OT fall to the second round.

    Phily was almost assured to take an OT with the 21st or 28th now that they have Peters that wont be the case. Because Buffalo created a need for an OT and will now pick at 11 and 28 some say it won't change the number of OT's that come off the board in the first. But I think it could for a couple reasons. Before the trade Phily 21st and 28th and Minnesota 22nd were the only teams in the majority of the drafts taking an OT after the 20th pick. IMO Britton, Beatty, and Loadholt will all be there at the 20th pick. However looking at most of the Buffalo fans posts after the announcement they still want Mack at center with one pick in the first. Several of the fans also still want a DE or TE (Pettigrew) in round 1 with an OT in round 2. The best place for them to take Mack is 28th not 11th. That means worse case scenario if they take Mack at 28 then they take a top OT at 11th. Most likely A. Smith or Oher. That means there would only be one team with significant interest/need for an OT after the 20th pick in the first and that would be Minnesotta. I have also seen them have significant interest in WR as well. So IMO I really think two of the three of Britton, Beatty, and Loadholt will fall to the second round and IMO its possible all three could fall.

    The biggest reason I see for OT's like Britton, Beatty, and Loadholt falling is fewer teams with OT rated as high on their list after 20.


    IMO if we went curry Round 1 we might be better off if Detroit took an OT at #1. Because they have three picks before our second round pick. Picks #1, #20, #33. If they take one early it eliminates another team that might take the OT's that could fall into the second round.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-17-2009 at 10:50 PM.


  2. #2
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    The more I think about this trade the more I excite about the possibility of a trade down.

    The Bills would be perfect partners, we wouldn't move down too far and we'd pick up an extra first. And we'd have our 2nd round pick coming soon after our last 1st round pick.

    I can see a trade down scenerio.
    RamsFan16

  3. #3
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    Well your wrong!

    How do you know other teams dont have OTs high or not on there boards?

    We definitely know Loadholt will be there for us in the 2nd but that does not mean we take him. He has character issues and our new regime wont take risks on character like the old regime did.

    Britton is a RT not a LT. No Alex Barron has not showed me anything yet to make me (and Bulger) confident to protect him.

    Beatty is more of a Pass blocking OT. We need one that is great in the run game and solid in the pass.

    So i guess the only OTs that are good for us (early) are Micheal Oher, Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe and Jason Smith and none of them will make it too 35.

  4. #4
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Well your wrong!
    Well as the old saying goes opinions are like you.

  5. #5
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Well as the old saying goes opinions are like you.
    no offense but that was just corny

  6. #6
    rams#1 Guest

    Re: IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    no offense but that was just corny
    No Offense but everybody is entitled to their opinion.

  7. #7
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    Quote Originally Posted by rams#1 View Post
    No Offense but everybody is entitled to their opinion.
    Well yea everyone got there own opinions. But to every opinion there is always going to be someone that disagrees and someone else that agrees. I gave my opinion of disapproval because i felt that the 3 OT's he said would be available for would not fit the Rams plan. If he disagrees with that i'm fine im game for a debate.


    The reason i said what i said after that was because SB99 guy took a shot at me and i gave my opinion on the shot he gave.

    But all this opinionated talk is done i want to hear what others think about the thread and SB99 OPINION.

  8. #8
    rams#1 Guest

    Re: IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    I think we could go william Beatty in the second. If we do draft curry. If it works out for us then nobody will think twice about it anymore. I am thinking we go jason smith with the #2 pick however.

  9. #9
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade
    How do you know other teams dont have OTs high or not on there boards?
    Look at team needs. Most after 20 have bigger needs or could get better value then the 5th-7th OT.

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade
    We definitely know Loadholt will be there for us in the 2nd but that does not mean we take him. He has character issues and our new regime wont take risks on character like the old regime did.
    How do you know he is not high on someones draft board. Definitely is a strong word. I never even said defininitely.

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    I gave my opinion of disapproval because i felt that the 3 OT's he said would be available for would not fit the Rams plan. If he disagrees with that i'm fine im game for a debate.
    You felt some way so that makes you right and the other person wrong I got it now. When BarronWade feels some way he tells the other person "Well your wrong!" I am right.

    You felt the three OT's did not fit the Rams plans. So you say I am wrong when I say two and possibly three good OT's could fall to the second round. All I have to do to win that argument is wait until draft day and if two of those fall to the second round then I am right. By the way how do you know they don't fit the Rams plans have you talked to Devaney? Please provide us with your insider information.

    Also I never said they would be available I said I thought 2 of the three will drop to the second round and possibly all three. That don't mean the ones that drop to the second get by Detroit if they dont take an OT with their first 2 picks.

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade
    Well your wrong!
    Okay I never said you are wrong so the burden of proof is on you. Prove me wrong I don't see anyway you can prove me wrong because all I was talking about was good OT's possibly dropping to the second round. I never mentioned how they projected other then they were good OT's and I never mentioned LT or RT.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-18-2009 at 07:54 AM.

  10. #10
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,290
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    I suspect the Bills could be in a good position to take a tackle with the 11th overall pick. I have three tackles going in the top ten right now, meaning one of the top four will be available for Buffalo with their first pick.

    But even without Philly and Buffalo as possible destinations in the 20s for an OT, I think Minnesota, New England, New York, Arizona, and Pittsburgh are all possible destinations for a tackle in that range. Detroit @ 20 or 33 will be as well if they don't take an OT with the first pick.

    As I see it, one team removed themselves from contention for a first round tackle while another threw their name right into the center of the hat. I'm not sure I agree that this improves the likelihood of one of them dropping to us. Ultimately you can still make a case for half the league possibly looking at a tackle in the first round.

    By the way, I'd just like to refer back to my March mock from a few weeks ago, where I had Buffalo doing this...

    11. Buffalo Bills: Andre Smith, OL, Alabama
    -One of the toughest picks in this draft to project is the Buffalo Bills’ pick. They’ve now missed out on the top pass rushers, and it might be a little high for someone like Brandon Pettigrew. Outside linebacker is a consideration, but I’m going to give the Bills arguably the draft’s most talented lineman in Andre Smith. He can fill in immediately at left guard, and provide insurance for Buffalo in the event that they cannot resign left tackle Jason Peters.
    Last edited by Nick; -04-18-2009 at 12:57 AM.

  11. #11
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Look at team needs. Most after 20 have bigger needs or could get better value then the 5th-7th OT.
    the 5th-7th round. Then we dont need aaron Curry with the logic you provided. Because we drafted Vabora and Chamberlain last year in the 5th-7th rounds. And we got value out of both of them.

    EDIT: ma bad misunderstood it. Well you look at a team like the Patriots that dont have many needs (aside from linebacker depth) but there OL is aging so they can potentially take an OT before us. Also the Vikings will probably take Britton.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    How do you know he is not high on someones draft board. Definitely is a strong word. I never even said defininitely.
    I based the prediction on consensus. And i definitely know the consensus of Loadholt going in the 1st is slim to none.


    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    You felt some way so that makes you right and the other person wrong I got it now. When BarronWade feels some way he tells the other person "Well your wrong!" I am right.
    Everything comes down to that opinionated response i said. Well i never intended it to come off as an offensive way. I just felt strongly about the Curry talks (cuz after Pace left i thought Curry talks should stop). So i tried to start it off with a strong opinion. However you took it the wrong. I NEVER MEANT FOR IT TO BE OFFENSIVE. So i apologize if you took it the wrong way.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    You felt the three OT's did not fit the Rams plans. So you say I am wrong when I say two and possibly three good OT's could fall to the second round. All I have to do to win that argument is wait until draft day and if two of those fall to the second round then I am right. By the way how do you know they don't fit the Rams plans have you talked to Devaney? Please provide us with your insider information.
    iight if you want to win this argument you can wait till draft and hear Beatty to the lions (20) and Britton to the Vikings (22). Oh yea and before you try to put words into my mouth again that is just my opinion. Well after reading articles that other clanram members post here it is like talking to Billy D. And he said they will not take risks on questionable character people. Also if you want to know more about why the Rams wont take Phil Loadholt scroll down to a post started by C-Mob about Loadholt.

    Also Action Jackson is going to be the "main attraction" for the Rams. Spags wants S-Jax to be the "centerpiece of the offense" so we need to build around him and get run blocking OTs. I thought i already stated that but since you want to pick out certain quotes i made and leave out the important ones i thought i would say it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Also I never said they would be available I said I thought 2 of the three will drop to the second round and possibly all three. That don't mean the ones that drop to the second get by Detroit if they dont take an OT with their first 2 picks.
    Okay so your just trying to say that this post is mainly for the Lions at 33 then the Rams at 35. Why dont you tell me how many will fall to the rams at 35. Because i really dont care about who falls to the Lions at 33 because we are not trading 2 spots.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Okay I never said you are wrong so the burden of proof is on you. Prove me wrong I don't see anyway you can prove me wrong because all I was talking about was good OT's possibly dropping to the second round. I never mentioned how they projected other then they were good OT's and I never mentioned LT or RT.
    Okay so how do you define a "good" OT. Cuz in my book Loadholt is not a "good" OT. He commits way too many penaties and is not a very good learner (spags is a good teacher). Also i dont know if Loadholt will spend more time in practice or getting drunk outside.

    So In your Opinion how many "good" OTs are there in this draft?
    Last edited by BarronWade; -04-18-2009 at 02:33 PM.

  12. #12
    UKRamsFan1981 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post

    Well after reading articles that other clanram members post here it is like talking to Billy D. And he said they will not take risks on questionable character people. Also if you want to know more about why the Rams wont take Phil Loadholt scroll down to a post started by C-Mob about Loadholt.
    I read somewhere that Loadholt had a pre-draft visit with the Rams so he must be under consideration even with his character concerns, there's no way a team wastes one of their 30 visits on a player you won't even consider drafting.

    I want Curry but personally I think its going to be Monroe in the first (Billy D attending his pro day in person was the clincher for me) and either Nicks or Hood in the second especially in light of Spags talking about building the lines first. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams try and trade back up into the second to get a player they crave.

    1). Monroe
    2). Nicks
    2b). Hood (will slide a little because he's strictly a 4-3 UT).
    3). TRADED
    4). TRADED
    5). TRADED
    6). LB
    7). QB

    That would work for me.

    I think we will have to limp through on D this year and use our new found cap space next year to bring in re-enforcements that fit Spags style of D.

    Maybe try and sign someone like Napoleon Harris on a one year deal as a stop gap.

    LT: Barron
    LG: Bell (although I want Greco to start)
    C: Brown
    RG: Cogs
    RT: Monroe
    QB: Bulger
    RB: Jackson
    FB: Karney
    TE: McMike
    WR1: Nicks
    WR2: Avery
    WR3: Robinson
    WR4: Burton

    DE: Long
    UT: Hood
    NT: Carriker
    DE: Little
    SLB: Draft
    MLB: Harris
    WLB: Spoon
    CB: Hill
    FS: Atogwe
    SS: Butler
    CB: Bartell
    Last edited by UKRamsFan1981; -04-18-2009 at 01:03 PM.

  13. #13
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,290
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    Quote Originally Posted by UKRamsFan1981 View Post
    I read somewhere that Loadholt had a pre-draft visit with the Rams so he must be under consideration even with his character concerns, there's no way a team wastes one of their 30 visits on a player you won't even consider drafting.
    The Post Dispatch listed on Tuesday 22 confirmed prospects for visits with the Rams, and Loadholt was not among them. The tackles were William Beatty, Eugene Monroe, Michael Oher, and Jason Smith. Maybe there was another wave or some additions that weren't reported, but Loadholt does not appear on the confirmed list from earlier in the week.

  14. #14
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    To: BarronWade

    Here is what you quoted me saying:

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99
    Look at team needs. Most after 20 have bigger needs or could get better value then the 5th-7th OT.
    Here is your whacked out version or interpretation of that:
    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    the 5th-7th round. Then we dont need aaron Curry with the logic you provided. Because we drafted Vabora and Chamberlain last year in the 5th-7th rounds. And we got value out of both of them.
    Nowhere was I talking about 5th-7th round that is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever seen as far as misusing someone's words. If you can't see that it says most teams after the 20th pick have bigger needs then the 5th-7th OT then there is no reason to continue with you. I have seen many people try deabting with you and you drag it out and twist their posts. People that do this are a disgrace for twisting other peoples words into something that makes no sense at all. It should be very easy for anyone to understand that the 5th-7th OT means the 5th-7th best OT in the draft thats what I was saying. People after the 20 pick would need to decide if not only the talent but the area of need is there. The top 4 most likely OT's should be gone by the 20th pick which should be J.Smith, Monroe, A.Smith, and Oher. The 5th-7th OT's in the draft are likely to be Britton, Beatty, Loadholt.

    Nowhere did I say anything about 5th-7th round?

    No use in talking to you I have seen debates between you and others and its never fact based and often twisted as you have done with all my posts here and in the other thread I started. You do not debate you try twisting and manipulating peoples point of view.


    You want to take a lesson in debating someone take a note from Nicks post in this thread he brings up very good arguments against my stance. I still have my own beliefs but I understand his argument and he stuck to the topic without saying I am right you are wrong. Nick basically stated a difference of opinion on where he thought the players I mentioned would fall which was the premise of the post. Contrast Nicks point in dispelling my stance to yours. He stuck to the topic you started off saying I was wrong then went off topic. Then start twisting words and intent to try to prove your point which has nothing to do with where the players fall in the draft.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-18-2009 at 01:49 PM.

  15. #15
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: IMO we could see a good OT fall to us and the Phily trade could help.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    To: BarronWade

    Here is what you quoted me saying:



    Here is your whacked out version or interpretation of that:


    Nowhere was I talking about 5th-7th round that is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever seen as far as misusing someone's words. If you can't see that it says most teams after the 20th pick have bigger needs then the 5th-7th OT then there is no reason to continue with you. I have seen many people try deabting with you and you drag it out and twist their posts. People that do this are a disgrace for twisting other peoples words into something that makes no sense at all. It should be very easy for anyone to understand that the 5th-7th OT means the 5th-7th best OT in the draft thats what I was saying. People after the 20 pick would need to decide if not only the talent but the area of need is there. The top 4 most likely OT's should be gone by the 20th pick which should be J.Smith, Monroe, A.Smith, and Oher. The 5th-7th OT's in the draft are likely to be Britton, Beatty, Loadholt.

    Nowhere did I say anything about 5th-7th round?

    No use in talking to you I have seen debates between you and others and its never fact based and often twisted as you have done with all my posts here and in the other thread I started. You do not debate you try twisting and manipulating peoples point of view.


    You want to take a lesson in debating someone take a note from Nicks post in this thread he brings up very good arguments against my stance. I still have my own beliefs but I understand his argument and he stuck to the topic without saying I am right you are wrong. Nick basically stated a difference of opinion on where he thought the players I mentioned would fall which was the premise of the post. Contrast Nicks point in dispelling my stance to yours. He stuck to the topic you started off saying I was wrong then went off topic. Then start twisting words and intent to try to prove your point which has nothing to do with where the players fall in the draft.
    iight man you need to chill i misunderstood that. Cuz you put 5th to 7th OT i did not know wether you meant 5th-7th round or best. My bad!

    But you know if you want to keep taking shots at me go right ahead but you know it aint going anywhere on the internet.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •