throwback week

djdeeznutz Guest

Instead of Crabtree what about these FA WRs?

I know I know i am all for taking Crabtree. BUT! what if we can get cheap solid WRs instead of paying top dollor for Crabtree.

If we trade Holt to the Titans for a 3rd rounder we will be fine when it comes to money.

These are all taller WRs:

*Just rember all of these recivers are young cuz the Rams are trying to get Younger*

Hank Baskett: 6-3 224 pounds

He is a RFA of the eagles. But if the Eagles dont want we can pick him up cheap. Also he worked with Pat Shurmur in Phili.

Malcolm Floyd: 6-4 215 pounds

He is also a RFA. I think the Chargers might want him back but if they dont we will be knocking on his door.

Micheal Clayton: 6-4 215 pounds

I think he can come in and be a starter. He just doesnt fit in with the Bucs. However he is a former 1st rounder and i think he will demand more money than the Rams are willing to offer.

Bryant Johnson: 6-3 211 pounds

With the money the whiners have i think they will sign him. But if they think they can do without him we should take him.

Nate Washington: 6-1 185 pounds

He is not the tallest but he is the most realistic to sign with tthe Rams. He will be extremly cheap signing a 2yr about 2 mill a year deal.

Ashley Leilie: 6-3 195 pounds

Honestly ive been high on this guy for a long time. I think he can still be a quality player. He just needs a better QB than Jamarcus Russel.

So if we can get one of these players (for me preferably Micheal Clayton or Hank Baskett) do you think we will be better off without Crabtree?
    Last edited by djdeeznutz; -02-17-2009 at 12:07 PM. Reason: didn bold

jbell15 Guest

Re: Instead of Crabtree what about these FA WRs?

I'll take Nate Washington
    i've already been a proponent of taking him
    but the other guys are garbage

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I wouldn't want any of those free agents. If Holt is gone and the rams don't take Crabtree in first How about K. Britt in 2nd or Brian Robiskie in 3rd.
    Leilie has really done nothing in the NFL but prove he's in the league. I'd rather draft one of the guys above. You never know one of them could go to the Hall a fame at the end of there career.

Dominating D Guest

Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    I know I know i am all for taking Crabtree. BUT! what if we can get cheap solid WRs instead of paying top dollor for Crabtree.

If we trade Holt to the Titans for a 3rd rounder we will be fine when it comes to money.

These are all taller WRs:

*Just rember all of these recivers are young cuz the Rams are trying to get Younger*

He is a RFA of the eagles. But if the Eagles dont want we can pick him up cheap. Also he worked with Pat Shurmur in Phili.

He is also a RFA. I think the Chargers might want him back but if they dont we will be knocking on his door.

I think he can come in and be a starter. He just doesnt fit in with the Bucs. However he is a former 1st rounder and i think he will demand more money than the Rams are willing to offer.

With the money the whiners have i think they will sign him. But if they think they can do without him we should take him.

He is not the tallest but he is the most realistic to sign with tthe Rams. He will be extremly cheap signing a 2yr about 2 mill a year deal.

Honestly ive been high on this guy for a long time. I think he can still be a quality player. He just needs a better QB than Jamarcus Russel.

So if we can get one of these players (for me preferably Micheal Clayton or Hank Baskett) do you think we will be better off without Crabtree?
    How about Drew B. I bet we can get him if we throw alot of money his way...

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

The fact that he's from Philly may make him intriguing, but he hasn't exactly overtaken a weak Eagles receiving corps to become a consistent starter there. Baskett will have one good week and then completely disappear the next. I don't think he's as physical as you'd like for a guy who is his size. I have a hard time seeing him starting for the Rams, and I doubt the Eagles don't tender him some kind of offer sheet.

As with Baskett, I anticipate Floyd getting an offer sheet. He's flashed potential but it's also generally been as a reserve. Signing him and thinking he might be able to contribute as more than a third receiver would be risky. He shows red zone ability but consistency is again an issue with him as well. I have trouble seeing him as more than a role player here.

He's done nothing since his rookie year; I don't see how he's in a position to demand much money. He doesn't fit with the Bucs because they expected him to be good and instead they got a guy who can't separate and can't catch. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt after an impressive start to his career, but he's done nothing since then to warrant more than passing interest. If he can come in and start here, that's more of a statement of us having a poor receiving corps than anything else.

I'm a bit more intrigued by Johnson than I am Clayton, but again expectations have to be tempered. Johnson was an impressive third receiver when he was with Arizona (gee, I wonder why?) but kind of struck out with San Fran as a starter. He has a fairly good combination of size and speed, tends to round off his routes though. I'm not convinced he gets retained in San Fran, so he could sign a one-year deal and at least come in to compete.

If we're looking for a big physical receiver to compliment Avery, this isn't him. Washington has solid height but doesn't back it up with bulk; his specialty is being more of a deep threat down the field. He's intriguing if we're not set in stone about getting a tall physical compliment to Avery, but I think we need someone a bit more consistent in the short to intermediate game.

See Nate Washington; Lelie has deep speed but is thin for his size. Furthermore, I question the attitude. He's had plenty of chances to duplicate his 2004 season but hasn't. In Oakland he was playing under an OC he knew and a system he was familiar with, and laid an egg. I have no interest in him whatsoever.

Strange way to phrase the question. I don't think any of these guys brings the potential that Crabtree does. So no, I doubt we'd be better off at the receiver position signing one of these free agents than we would be drafting Crabtree.

But ultimately, if we sign one of these guys instead of drafting Crabtree, that frees up the second overall pick to be used on another position. So that position would be better off, but I don't think WR would be.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I thought you were all about taking Eugene Monroe...