Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Alec22 is offline Registered User

Interest in the #2 Pick

On the espn bottom line today (yes i am aware that it is espn) they posted billy d, quoting him as talking about how the rams are willing to trade the #2 pick. Yet i have heard this from billy for weeks now, so i was wondering if anyone knew why espn was presenting this as news; has there been interest from other teams or somthing?

LARAM is offline Registered User

Re: Interest in the #2 Pick

I pulled this article from nfl.com:

Rams will listen to offers for No. 2 overall pick
    Posted: Around The Web | NFL.com Staff | Tags: St. Louis Rams

The St. Louis Rams are open to trading the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL draft.

Whether they’ll find any takers is another question.

Rams general manager Billy Devaney told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that the team has to look at all of its options as the April 25 draft nears:

“Yeah, in the position we’re in, we’ll consider everything,” Devaney said. “It’s a little early. We kind of play with scenarios in our mind right now. But we haven’t gotten down to the nitty gritty, if you will, to say, ‘OK, how far back would we trade?’”
    But as Miami Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland told NFL.com’s Vic Carucci, it’s not easy trading a pick near the top of the draft.

“You can call around and try to trade it,” Ireland said. “But at the end of the day, you usually don’t get a phone call back.”

The Dolphins had the No. 1 overall selection last season and ended up keeping it, selecting OT Jake Long.

The Post-Dispatch reported that the Rams have hosted OTs Eugene Monroe and Jason Smith as well as WRs Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Hakeem Nicks. It also reported that OT Michael Oher will soon visit St. Louis.

The Rams have the Nos. 2, 35, 66, 103, 138, 176 and 211 picks in the draft.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Wouldn't know why, but I think they would listen to anyone for the right price.
    :ramlogo:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    so i was wondering if anyone knew why espn was presenting this as news; has there been interest from other teams or somthing?
    No; the Post-Dispatch just published an article on it today, so ESPN is probably basing their statement off of that.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Around The Web
    Rams will listen to offers for No. 2 overall pick
    Posted: Around The Web | NFL.com Staff | Tags: St. Louis Rams

The St. Louis Rams are open to trading the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL draft.

Whether they’ll find any takers is another question.

Rams general manager Billy Devaney told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that the team has to look at all of its options as the April 25 draft nears:

“Yeah, in the position we’re in, we’ll consider everything,” Devaney said. “It’s a little early. We kind of play with scenarios in our mind right now. But we haven’t gotten down to the nitty gritty, if you will, to say, ‘OK, how far back would we trade?’”
    But as Miami Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland told NFL.com’s Vic Carucci, it’s not easy trading a pick near the top of the draft.

“You can call around and try to trade it,” Ireland said. “But at the end of the day, you usually don’t get a phone call back.”

The Dolphins had the No. 1 overall selection last season and ended up keeping it, selecting OT Jake Long.

The Post-Dispatch reported that the Rams have hosted OTs Eugene Monroe and Jason Smith as well as WRs Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Hakeem Nicks. It also reported that OT Michael Oher will soon visit St. Louis.

The Rams have the Nos. 2, 35, 66, 103, 138, 176 and 211 picks in the draft.
    :ramlogo:

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I'm not going to get excited over this guys. It'd be nice to rack up a couple picks, but it doesn't happen TOO often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I'm not going to get excited over this guys. It'd be nice to rack up a couple picks, but it doesn't happen TOO often.
    Well hopefully this will be one of those years because trading down is a much better move for our team atleast until the NFL adopts a rookie salary cap similar to the NBA's.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I've heard on NFL Network and on talk radio that this draft may be the worst draft in NFL history talent-wise. I doubt anyone trades up to #2 after hearing that.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I've heard on NFL Network and on talk radio that this draft may be the worst draft in NFL history talent-wise. I doubt anyone trades up to #2 after hearing that.
    Based off of what? That isn't "fact", it's pure opinion.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Based off of what? That isn't "fact", it's pure opinion.
    Mike Mayock said that the top 10 in this years draft could be the worst in NFL history. What's the difference between what he says and what Kiper or McShay or Scott White says? Nothing. It's all baseless. It's all conjecture. That's why the worst thing that ever happened was mock drafts. Why do you think they call them "mock" drafts? Because they aren't real. Nothing tangible. Everything about the draft is pure opinion. Everything, even scouting reports. They are the scouts or teams "opinion".

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Go look at the 2002 1st round. If this draft rivals that one in three years, I'll be shocked.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Shockingly, teams will consider all options. Great basis for a news story.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Mike Mayock said that the top 10 in this years draft could be the worst in NFL history. What's the difference between what he says and what Kiper or McShay or Scott White says? Nothing. It's all baseless. It's all conjecture. That's why the worst thing that ever happened was mock drafts. Why do you think they call them "mock" drafts? Because they aren't real. Nothing tangible. Everything about the draft is pure opinion. Everything, even scouting reports. They are the scouts or teams "opinion".
    My point was, if we think the "experts" are a bunch of idiots, why would NFL teams take their word for it? The teams will base their players on needs and what they perceive to be good or not, not what the experts say. Again...I just think anything is possible and I doubt a team would look at an expert's opinion on ESPN.com, and say, "Well, we better not trade down to get our player because he's probably not as good as we think he is. Mayock said so."

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

The guaranteed money in those slots make them hard to unload.

At this point I just hope Detroit goes QB with their selection. They aren't too geared
    up about their slot.

bigredman is offline Registered User

When it comes down to it, the only expert opinion that matters is the one that's making the decision. That's not discounting the opinion of others. Frankly, I find many of the members of clanram have just as much expertise as those in the media or front offices of NFL teams. The evaluation of talent, prognosticating whether someone will excel with a team or not is all speculation based on past performance and expectation of promise. It's a crap shoot when it comes down to it, and there are very few experts in the art of crap shoots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast