Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Interesting draft notes from Wagoner

-The Rams are now fully turning their attention to the draft. Linehan said Sunday that the interest in a quarterback is very real. He even went as far as to say it isn't a smokescreen. Of course, that could be the perfect indication that it IS a smokescreen. But, while I have my doubts about the interest in Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler, I do believe the interest in Vince Young and Matt Leinart would be real. Young, for one, is a clear favorite of Linehan's because of his game breaking ability and unique skill set. For me, I would prefer that defense or a tight end is the choice, but I wouldn't argue with taking Young should he slip. He's just too darn intriguing. Offensive coordinator Greg Olson and quarterback coach Doug Nussmeier will be traveling to Houston today to meet with Young. Linehan is not a part of the traveling party as the team stacks its board over the next couple of days. The meeting with Young will be a dinner and getting to know you session, there is no workout.

-From a few conversations this weekend, the Rams' interest in Iowa linebacker Chad Greenway is greater than what was once thought. Some believe Greenway is more than capable of playing the strong side and would be a nice fit into Haslett's scheme because of his ability to run well.

-If Michael Huff is on the board when the Rams come up, it'd be a surprise if they took longer than two minutes to turn their card in. He's rising on many boards.

-To again answer the question that keeps popping up in my email about the possibility of A.J. Hawk falling to the Rams at No. 11, here goes. Yes, if Hawk was there, there is no question whatsoever he would be the guy. No, I don't believe it's possible that he will be there when the Rams come up. For that to happen, a couple of teams will have to throw curveballs (perhaps Buffalo taking Winston Justice instead of a Vernon Davis, Huff or Brodrick Bunkley) and all three quarterbacks will have to be gone in the top 10. It's a possibility, but it's a tiny one.
    Interesting news about the interest in Greenway.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Interesting draft notes from Wagoner

As you know I have no problem with the Greenway news but I love the Huff news. That he'd be suprised if it took the Rams more than 2 minutes to turn in there card.
    RamsFan16

general counsel is offline Registered User

I think it is crazy to believe that any of this "inside info" is accurate at this point. No team is going to let legitimate info out at this stage, while every team is incentivized to send out false signals to confuse everyone else.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I think it is crazy to believe that any of this "inside info" is accurate at this point. No team is going to let legitimate info out at this stage, while every team is incentivized to send out false signals to confuse everyone else.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Ding, ding, ding....we have a winner. Show him his prize, Johnny.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod