Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Interesting Trade Possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    They had Darren Howard and Charles Grant when they drafted Will Smith, so it seems like the Saints value a solid rotation at DE. Furthermore, Grant has the size to potentially move inside to tackle for some looks, allowing all three to be on the field at the same time.

As for Leinart, he's a possibility if they can't trade out of that spot. At worst, they'd likely have their own version of the Brees/Rivers situation. Leinart would be a good insurance policy should Brees not recover from injury, or they could take him and trade his rights immediately with a later team.
    I always thought that Will Smith was taken because Howard had injury problems, and ended up missing a lot of time.

I dont see the Saints having a problem trading the pick if Leinart is there. If a team wants Leinart they are likely to have to trade above the Titans anyway. I can see the Jets trading above Tennessee to grab Leinart, which in turn allows the Saints to pick up Brick but also pick up a late rounder

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    I can see the Jets trading above Tennessee to grab Leinart, which in turn allows the Saints to pick up Brick but also pick up a late rounder
    The latest I've heard is that the Jets won't trade up for Leinart, and if they had the choice of Brick or Leinart at fourth overall, would likely take the lineman. Take that for what it's worth, but I think there may be more interest in trading up to get a Mario Williams than there may be for Matt Leinart.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    The latest I've heard is that the Jets won't trade up for Leinart, and if they had the choice of Brick or Leinart at fourth overall, would likely take the lineman. Take that for what it's worth, but I think there may be more interest in trading up to get a Mario Williams than there may be for Matt Leinart.

I dont think they would need to trade up to pick Williams. I cant see Tennessee moving because they need a QB, and i dont see them risking a move down and ultimately missing out on someone like Leinart.

There are two ways i see the draft unfolding. One is that no one trades at all really. The other is that certain teams fall in love with certain players and trade up to make sure they can pick the player they want. For example, the Titans could trade up to the 1st pick to make sure that no one switches with NO and drafts a QB ahead of them.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    I dont think they would need to trade up to pick Williams.
    Sorry, my post wasn't clear. I didn't mean that the Jets would trade up to get Williams, but in general, there seems to be more buzz around the entire league of trading up to second overall to acquire Williams than there is to acquire Leinart. I've heard rumblings of both the Raiders and the Lions possibly wanting to move up to grab Williams, whereas the only team I've heard in connection with trading up for Leinart is New York, and the most recent rumors is that Mangini might prefer to stay where he is.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12